Bring your Magic Bands!

BlueRibbon

Mouseketeer
When driving to Aulani yesterday, I kept waiting for a text to tell me I was checked in. You know, like how they do it in Florida. But an email came instead that I didn't see until late in the night. But this is what's in the email:

"To aid in distancing efforts and avoid delays, we strongly recommend going directly to your room. If you have a MagicBand or have enabled the unlock door feature on the My Disney Experience app, you can go directly to your room without stopping at the Front Desk! Our Bell Services team will be available to assist you with your luggage upon arrival."

I'm sure I missed this in another thread, but I wish we had brought ours!

I know others had reported that Magic Bands would be able to be used soon, but this is the first report I've seen that they are able to be used. Exciting!

I'm wondering if this is jus an email glitch.

Okay, so adding MagicBands to our packing list! Thanks for the tip!

Don't pack them yet. I just called the resort directly to ask and they said they don't know why those emails are going out. They said they are not active yet but it is something they are working on and hoping to turn on around the new year. So call and check before you arrive.

I got the text saying my room was ready and I could bypass check-in, but this wasn’t the case. I even tried the door unlock feature in the WDW app with no success. Everyone still has to check in at/near the lobby and show either a local ID or negative Covid test result.

Magicband scanners were installed at Rainbow Reef and I asked if I could have used that to pay if I had my magic band. The cast member said no.

A quick follow up. While at the front desk this morning, I asked about this, andlike above, they said they didn't know why those emails were going out. The front desk person said that they are working on getting the magicbands here at Aulani, but the system isn't ready for prime time yet.

I heard second hand myself. Hoping this is the case because my magic bands need some love!

I called them again a few days ago and they again confirmed that they are not yet enabled. There is an email going out saying they are enabled but the persons we have been talking to specifically say they don't know why those emails are going out right now. They are hoping to turn it on after the new year. So feel free to call the front desk before you travel to make sure is my suggestion.

I called them again a few days ago and they again confirmed that they are not yet enabled. There is an email going out saying they are enabled but the persons we have been talking to specifically say they don't know why those emails are going out right now. They are hoping to turn it on after the new year. So feel free to call the front desk before you travel to make sure is my suggestion.
Someone in a FB group is saying hers has worked. I just called the resort and was told by a concierge they are still not available at Aulani. So who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️

I can confirm mine just worked on the room door. We got the text that said to use the Direct to Room service and then the email that if you have a MagicBand to go directly to your room. Although you really can’t. You have to stop in the lobby to show ID and QR code. Fam was making fun of me in the Uber when I put it on.

Mickey Bands work on room doors AND at the point of purchases with PIN code! We have verified it with purchases at Ulu Cafe and Mama’s Snack Stop. Many of the cast members don’t know. But we’ve told them and they’re open to trying and we haven’t been skunked yet!

Second that, DisWitt! I’ve been using my MB here for the past few days. Opens door and charged to room normally, like at WDW. It also works when you go get towels and wristband by the pool. Most CMs don’t know about them and some have never seen them, so you have to explain and they’re super kind and excited once you tell them what they are.
Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter