Bring back the adult pool!

What about that seating area right in front of Ama Ama? We’ve found it relatively nice and quiet, and near enough to the pool. I found the former adult pool to be stuck in a corner and kind of depressing.
It wasn't quiet a few weeks ago. And honestly, I'd like to be in the pool and not be constantly splashed or deal with shrieking kids. I'm all for kids having fun and enjoying themselves, but a little adult time in Hawaii isn't asking for much.....

It wasn't quiet a few weeks ago. And honestly, I'd like to be in the pool and not be constantly splashed or deal with shrieking kids. I'm all for kids having fun and enjoying themselves, but a little adult time in Hawaii isn't asking for much.....
No, definitely not asking too much! My wife and I don’t have kids, and just stay away from the pool loungers, and either sit on the beach or in front of Ama Ama. We’ll brave the pool for the slides or lazy river, the high tail it back to our seating elsewhere. We’re going mid May, and I’m hoping there will be less kids, but I doubt it, alas. Still love Aulani though.

IDK why there are so many people against having adult only areas. Even growing up in the 70s, the local community pool had an adults only time every day. Every hour, the lifeguards would take a 10 minute break and anyone under 18 had to get out of the water but adults could stay, and also from 6-8pm was 18 and over. So even family friendly places can have adult only times and areas. It is weird that so many now are against it. I think it is funny that some people that I have seen post on various sites, simultaneously want Aunty's back open but don't think that there should be an adult only pool.

Though I never liked the location, which felt disconnected from the resort, had zero theming, and reminded me of a Hilton Inn pool, I do agree that they should bring back the adult pool. There really should be an adult space, and I’d probably try it out again if it were there.

Someone commented on the Disney Parks Blog about Auntie's re-opening that the adult only pool is also back. Can anyone confirm that?

They have not said a word about the adult pool so no can can confirm anything.
Actually, someone who’s staying there can confirm. There’s been no official statement, but that doesn’t mean no one can confirm the current status.

The comment cynthialou27 posted about was this:
  • The adults only pools are back open! We are here now!
    Benjamin on May 11, 2022 at 6:54 pm
So hopefully Benjamin was correct in his statement.

Actually, someone who’s staying there can confirm. There’s been no official statement, but that doesn’t mean no one can confirm the current status.

The comment cynthialou27 posted about was this:
  • The adults only pools are back open! We are here now!
    Benjamin on May 11, 2022 at 6:54 pm
So hopefully Benjamin was correct in his statement.
Here now - adult pool is open to anyone, not just adults

The only time that I use the adult pool area is in the early mornings. I would bring down my coffee and NOOK while my daughter is still sleeping, and read in peace. But we prefer to hang out on the beach. For me, I am landlocked and am a 2 day drive in any direction to get to an ocean but I can hang out at a pool anytime. So I love putting my feet in the sand and relaxing on the beach. But I 100% agree that it should go back to adult only. There are plenty of other spaces for kids.
Hijacking a little bit: is it generally easy to get a chair on the beach? Do you have to be out there by a certain time? And is there a fee for them?

The latest update got me excited...until I saw it wasn't the update I wanted. :(

DH and I originally booked Aulani for our 25th anniversary trip in July 2020 (Ha!). The adult pool was a big draw for us as we are frequent Disney Cruisers and spend most days relaxing in the adult only pool/bar area. We thought the peaceful vibe would be the same at the adult only pool at Aulani. While I understand it being open to everyone when things were limited and no Auntys, now with Auntys open and things as back to normal as they can be, I don't see why it's not back to adults only. Adult only areas are what brings adult only travelers to "Disney".

Here now Jan/Feb 2023 and they have not restored the adult only pool. I completely understand Aulani is a family resort but it was nice to have a place that was a bit quieter. Like others I included as my big negative when I fill out surveys. They say the one hot tub area is still adult only but that is so small it's a bit of a joke to say that replaces the pool area. Cast member at check-in implied the pool would be restored to adult only at some point but I don't know if they were just saying that without having any actual facts. Part of me wonders if it has to do with the three cabanas that are on that pool site. Presumably it is easier for Disney to rent those cabanas if they allow families in them.

Here now Jan/Feb 2023 and they have not restored the adult only pool. I completely understand Aulani is a family resort but it was nice to have a place that was a bit quieter. Like others I included as my big negative when I fill out surveys. They say the one hot tub area is still adult only but that is so small it's a bit of a joke to say that replaces the pool area. Cast member at check-in implied the pool would be restored to adult only at some point but I don't know if they were just saying that without having any actual facts. Part of me wonders if it has to do with the three cabanas that are on that pool site. Presumably it is easier for Disney to rent those cabanas if they allow families in them.
I don't think that they understand that it is not just being in the water, it is the area being kid free. Many adults want to lounge without kid running around and splashing.

Was it still somewhat tranquil compared to the other pools? I have to be honest, I’m distressed to find out there is no adult pool. The website implied there was. I would like to be able to sip my margarita by the pool in peace. Obviously not anti-kid. I raised a fine, upstanding young man but now I’m ready for some peace and quiet. The Four Seasons is 1k a night so we chose Aulani instead. Suddenly questioning my choice.

Just UGGGGG. Going last week in April for our 30th and was really hoping to get to relax in this area this time. Last time we visited we had DS (17 at the time) with us so didn't get to utilize the area fully. We went in the pool briefly a time or two but that was it. It's a shame they haven't reinstated an adult-only area (hot tub doesn't really count in my book). I don't really want to go onto the beach for solitude (call me anti-sand). DH and I have different requirements for sun & shade so I guess we'll have to go down super early to scope out chairs in the back, out of the way of noisy running children who are oblivious to their surroundings. Let's hope more people complain about it on their surveys and make it a real issue for mgmt. to address. Fingers crossed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter