Brightline to MCO - Completion?

jsanders82

Mouseketeer
Hi,
We are cruising out of Miami beginning of June 2023. I’ve been keeping an eye out on the Brightline. Hoping to catch it up from Miami for a long weekend visit.

Reports say 2023 for start date. Any idea when in 2023?

Hi,
We are cruising out of Miami beginning of June 2023. I’ve been keeping an eye out on the Brightline. Hoping to catch it up from Miami for a long weekend visit.

Reports say 2023 for start date. Any idea when in 2023?
My family lives in Miami and told me recently they expect to be able to use it to Orlando anytime now. They didn’t give a date only said the next time we plan to meet up in Orlando it should be available. So I’m guessing very soon

I wouldn't get my hopes up. They still have a lot of construction to do on this route.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. They still have a lot of construction to do on this route.
I know they laid the last part of the track already and are testing the trains. The terminal at the airport is done. I would think they are trying to get it up by summer time travel.

What construction is left to do?

Not even the Brightline web site has an exact opening date yet. But you can sign up on their website to be notified.

there are multiple stretches on both the north/south leg and east/west leg that are not yet ballasted much less 'destressed'. I just drove Cocoa to MCO on Friday and track construction is on going ...... a couple of crossings in Melbourne are just beginning the work to accommodate the second set of tracks in the last week (detours still in place today)

Last edited:
I figured as much. Since I live in a different state, wasn’t sure if the locals had more info.
You guys do - just not what I wanted to hear 😂

Having a train stop at MCO is probably more useful for someone flying in and going on a cruise. I would think most others in the area with AP's will probably still drive when going to Disney.

I know that the MCO station appears to be ready. It would be a simple and quick transfer from Brightline to the Mears Disney bus pick-up.
Last I read, the Brightline extension to Disney Springs is either on hold or cancelled.
Also, last fare estimate I saw was $100 o/w from Miami to Orlando. I would hope the fare will be lower.

I’m hoping it’s open for our trip in June, if not we have a rental booked to make the drive.

If the tickets stay at $100/ticket, we would drive since there are 5 of us and the train wouldn’t make financial sense.

There was another story in the newspaper about it today. Let me see if I can link. BRB

I couldn't link the actual page, but I made a PDF and attached it.

Attachments

• brightline.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter