Brief report - crowds and the rain - 3-12-23

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
It used to be (pre-pandemic) that the main predictor of park crowds was rain. The more rain, the smaller the crowds… which is much as we’d expect. Days of events such as the Super Bowl, Oscars, Grammys, etc didn’t seem to have any effect on crowd size. This seems less true these days. There was some rain this morning but crowds at the rope were still thick. Obviously, this is mainly because guests have made reservations and are often hesitant to cancel them. Or not to show up for them.

Brief report: I only did one Fantasyland ride this morning — Mr. Toad — before I headed to TL and Buzz. I was intent on grabbing at least the number-one spot on the leader board. My first five rides had various problems, which made solid scores a challenge. In short, I did it ten times in a row and the first nine I scored on the small side: low millions. It wasn’t until my tenth ride that I finally scored in the low 2M range. Usually I break 2M in one of my first few rides. But today was unusual. Oh well.

Saw some ducklings, - ‘’tis the season ;-) - met several cool people and felt my first weighted blanket (HM-themed and twelve pounds!). A few pics.
160FC232-411E-47F3-A924-84D987499E23.jpeg3C6CD88E-DBDD-4F37-9076-6AFE5B658A35.jpegCD1D8CFB-37F7-44F3-B09E-27E6FAAAA2DE.jpeg36C10FF3-2B7E-4317-BE35-9703959AD4A5.jpeg2AA3936C-66D9-4288-94CE-954A56455CC1.jpegAA9466DF-5D91-4DF6-9BBD-9D9ECA11D0C2.jpegEF8FF2CD-5521-4885-B9A4-65F0A14C638B.jpeg28C28A5D-4B76-4C06-91EE-FD6B503007E2.jpeg36196CF1-66F9-4353-B6F7-A9E2CA564DB3.jpegA133F2E8-DCFC-4194-B6C4-BF47ECD52E2A.jpeg

Great seeing all the pictures and your park update. Love seeing the duckling. Your Buzz scores are most impressive, WOW !

I think there was a cheer or dance conference in town this weekend. We were there yesterday and saw lots of "teams" of young people.

Ah, yes: I did see some groups of girls who seemed like they were there for a competition of some sort.

P.S. I replenished my map supply yesterday and now have several Disney 100s on hand (sounds like a cigarette if Walt had ever decided to diversify in that direction ;-)). I'm happy to send a set to anyone who'd like one.
Disney 100's are a perfect gift for families and children of all ages! /1950's ad 🤣

Thank you for a great trip report as always! :earsboy:

Spring break is in full effect at the parks this week. It's very busy and the lack of night time shows makes it worse. Not sure why Disney decided not to have night time shows during spring break. Judging by the $30 price tag for genie plus they know exactly how busy the parks will be.

Spring break is in full effect at the parks this week. It's very busy and the lack of night time shows makes it worse. Not sure why Disney decided not to have night time shows during spring break. Judging by the $30 price tag for genie plus they know exactly how busy the parks will be.

I'm confused why you say there are no nighttime shows. World of Color in DCA and Wondrous with or without fireworks in Disneyland are listed on the entertainment schedules for every night. Plus, Fantasmic is playing on weekends. These shows do get canceled in bad weather but are otherwise planned to go on.

Great report thanks! It’s also spring break for much of AZ this week. They will show up regardless of rain if they have a trip booked! I’ve seen a lot of my fb friends at the parks!

Spring break for BC, Canada, too. Been here for 4 days and the weekend was best. Only 1 hour turnaround times for most Genie + rides. Monday it was 4-6 hours later in the day (which was brutal since we slept in that day). But it was the best weather day of the week, so to be expected.

I'm confused why you say there are no nighttime shows. World of Color in DCA and Wondrous with or without fireworks in Disneyland are listed on the entertainment schedules for every night. Plus, Fantasmic is playing on weekends. These shows do get canceled in bad weather but are otherwise planned to go on.
I didn't see DCA mentioned in this trip report. At Disneyland, there's no fantasmic and only projections without fireworks on the weekdays. The shows were not canceled. This makes for a very busy evening in Disneyland.

The point still stands. $30 for genie plus is reserved for the busiest days. Why not have all the night time shows when it's that busy?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter