Bridgerton Season Two

The Alanis recording is on Spotify as well as two compilation albums with the music from both seasons of the series.

Edwina was so naive and I didn't like how she treated/blamed Kate once she found everything out, especially when Kate did not want them together but she was the one who pushed Kate on being nice.

Sidenote - I could care less about the historical accuracies, I'm watching for entertainment, the pretty clothes, extravagant hairstyles, etc. If I wanted a history lesson I would watch something else.
Agree! I get being naive, but she was beyond naive, Girl needed to take some responsibility for not noticing things. She had her sights set on marriage and chose to ignore the signs that others were catching. True that Kate helped her set her sights on marriage, but Edwina opted to see only what she wanted to. Kate was a much better fit for Anthony.

As for the costumes and actors, I love the colorfulness and diversity. This is what a "perfect" world would look like, historical accuracies begone.

The Featheringtons are more interesting, they have problems to overcome. And do it by scheming. That at least causes some conflict. And I like Penelope.
The Featheringtons, I have my popcorn ready, lol. I have a feeling that Mrs. F is a survivor, and we saw that in the last episode. Pen is the best in the bunch.

I find it hard to believe that Lady Featherington is just going to skate and keep that $. It's still the product of fraud--are the investors really just going to sit there and take it when nothing comes of their investments? Like I said, I haven't read the books, but I have to think that might come back up next season.

Penelope breaking bad at the end of the finale was interesting. Looking forward to seeing where that goes.
I too am interested in seeing where this story takes us. What will the fallout look like? And the twist with Pen and Colin, and Colin and the barkeep was unexpected, at least for me.

I felt bad for Pen after Eloise discovered her secret. I do hope that Eloise comes around, but enjoyed that Pen picked up the quill at the end. Eloise is too self centered IMO, and didn't even want to hear Pen's side of the story. Yes, she did observe that Pen is the outsider who hears the details, but she has yet to make the connection that it is in part because she's overlooked and ignored by others. Comments by both Eloise and Colin were hurtful in this episode.

To be fair, Colin says those words in the book too. It furthers the storyline.
To me they made it much crueler in the show. Instead of saying He will not marry Penelope to his brothers, after his mom was needling him. He said he wouldn't court her to his friends after they were making fun of him. The tone and setting was just plain meaner to me.

Ok here is an internet theory about next season's couple:

The pall mall scene showed Colin thanking Benedict for stepping aside and giving him the perfect shot, before sending the ball through wicket number 3. Eloise sent her ball through wicket 5 shortly after. I think that was a hint, because Bridgerton does nothing by coincidence. Everything has a purpose/meaning. So by that reckoning; Colin - season 3 Benedict - season 4 Eloise - season 5 if they get it.

My theory to back it up, they included the colin taking about not marrying Penelope scene. That was in the book before their book. Also so much talk about Penelope and Colin writing letters.

I just finished last night. I love period piece shows except Reign (just do not like it). I enjoyed this season but I find Eloise to be annoying and the Anthony Kate storyline dragged on for me. I did enjoy it though and will watch another season to be sure. I love Penelope mainly because I feel her pain - I was always a wall flower and I love that she gets back at them by spilling their secrets. I also love Nicola in Derry Girls. I was actually quite offended that Eloise would basically ransack Penelope's room like that - talk about total invasion of privacy. I absolutely love the outfits and the set design.

Ok here is an internet theory about next season's couple:

The pall mall scene showed Colin thanking Benedict for stepping aside and giving him the perfect shot, before sending the ball through wicket number 3. Eloise sent her ball through wicket 5 shortly after. I think that was a hint, because Bridgerton does nothing by coincidence. Everything has a purpose/meaning. So by that reckoning; Colin - season 3 Benedict - season 4 Eloise - season 5 if they get it.

My theory to back it up, they included the colin taking about not marrying Penelope scene. That was in the book before their book. Also so much talk about Penelope and Colin writing letters.

It definitely felt like they were setting things up for focusing on Colin/Penelope/Eloise.
Last season ended with Anthony declaring he was going to choose a wife and that’s what the focus this season was.

It definitely felt like they were setting things up for focusing on Colin/Penelope/Eloise.
Last season ended with Anthony declaring he was going to choose a wife and that’s what the focus this season was.
I think so too, Benedict’s story comes next in the book series, but I thought that they were focusing more on Colin/Penelope/Eloise than Benedict too.

I'm on team Eloise, not a fan of what Penelope did to her by outing her visiting Theo. Plus she's been writing about her family's drama. Not cool.

In the book, she kills herself prior to the story. So who knows how it'll play out here. I thought she seemed to be going through the motions of the marriage.
I just looked it up! I had no idea, also about Sir Philip and a certain spinster.

In the book, she kills herself prior to the story. So who knows how it'll play out here. I thought she seemed to be going through the motions of the marriage.

And in the book, it's implied that she'd been suffering from depression/mental illness for much of her life.

The whole bit of the bride jilting the groom at the alter was stupid. The whole family would be ruined and Kate marrying Anthony was not possible. Plus if the costume department had used the shift which was worn under the stays (no tight corsets as the metal eyelets didn’t exist) the women would have had a better time in their costume. I have been seeing complaints about lack of lgbt inclusion in the story lines but this was a t8me where bwing openly gay was ilegal and punishable by hanging. As for the stupid hair these styles where out decades ago and the big wigs where used in an age where illnesess xaused baldness and fleas caused people to shave their hair the wigs also had other problems like dead mice in them.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter