• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bridgerton Season Two

I read the book so I knew some of the story going in (not the exact same of course) but I do not like the lead actress. She's boring. It's hard to get past any scene with her in it, no matter how sexy Anthony may be.

So I just started watching and I am on Season 2 already... I fast forward through the dull spots.

For me this is just a show for entertainment... something to just enjoy, sit back and just enjoy it... I personally don't feel that everything has to tackle whats going on in the world, or be relevant or make a point... Can't we just enjoy it for what it isn't?

I will say that I picked Penelope for the scandal sheet writer in the first season 2nd episode... I do hope that she gets a partner as interesting as she is...

He's not hideous or anything, he just doesn't live up to the character in the book at all, in my opinion.
He has zero animal magnetism. The Duke oozed it from every pore. I tried to watch again tonight and got halfway through episode three and fell asleep. I used to stay up until 3am watching The Duke. Animal magnetism, I tell ya.

He's not hideous or anything, he just doesn't live up to the character in the book at all, in my opinion.

I had to put my love of the books aside, because several of the main characters were nothing like what I was picturing in my imagination. But then, that's the way it always is with books that get made into films or TV shows. It's never as good as one's imaginings while reading.

So I finished the second season yesterday.... All in all quite entertaining...

I am interested which character will be the focus for season 3..

Anyone know?

He has zero animal magnetism. The Duke oozed it from every pore. I tried to watch again tonight and got halfway through episode three and fell asleep. I used to stay up until 3am watching The Duke. Animal magnetism, I tell ya.

So I am sorta disagreeing with you...

I do agree that the Duke was very very appealing... and had that thing about him... Charisma...

At first I thought Anthony was kinda bland, then I really started watching him... He kinda has a slow burn, just underneath the skin that comes out, here and there ... once you understand his character more and more.... then things take a turn for sure and the scene with him falling in the lake, all wet and disheveled, was very nice indeed... in my opinion...

So I am sorta disagreeing with you...

I do agree that the Duke was very very appealing... and had that thing about him... Charisma...

At first I thought Anthony was kinda bland, then I really started watching him... He kinda has a slow burn, just underneath the skin that comes out, here and there ... once you understand his character more and more.... then things take a turn for sure and the scene with him falling in the lake, all wet and disheveled, was very nice indeed... in my opinion...
Bland is a good word for Anthony. Although, I am on episode 8 now and I'm finally warming to his character a bit.

Haven't read the books. Just finished Season 2. I liked Season 1 better but this was fun.

It all seemed kind of obvious what was going to happen with Anthony and Kate, but I guess that's part of it.

I find it hard to believe that Lady Featherington is just going to skate and keep that $. It's still the product of fraud--are the investors really just going to sit there and take it when nothing comes of their investments? Like I said, I haven't read the books, but I have to think that might come back up next season.

Penelope breaking bad at the end of the finale was interesting. Looking forward to seeing where that goes.

I find it hard to believe that Lady Featherington is just going to skate and keep that $. It's still the product of fraud--are the investors really just going to sit there and take it when nothing comes of their investments? Like I said, I haven't read the books, but I have to think that might come back up next season.

This is completely made up for the show, not in the books at all.

The shtick with the investment scheme is that she is going to claim that the heir ran off with the money, leaving her blameless. The question of whether or not it will be believed remains open., but she's been playing vapid in public forever; lots of men of that time and place might have assumed she was too stupid to have pulled off such a scam. (Also, many of the "Ton" were not well-educated in practical matters, but were often loathe to admit it. It's not beyond the realm of possibility that such people would eat the loss rather than admit to being swindled through their own gullibility and ignorance.) The F family have been, as the saying of the time went, "punting on River Tick" for quite a while, but had rather successfully managed to hide how bad it was and blame that on the heir's negligence. In that era there were a lot more possibilities for money just disappearing -- she could even claim that the ship to America went down, taking the heir AND the gold with it.

BTW, about the Featheringtons: 1: the housekeeper's green dress is livery, a uniform, so of course she's wearing it every time we see her. 2) Penelope's room does have a ridiculous number of candles, but she may be buying them herself. She is presumably staying up late to write when she won't be disturbed, and candles (along with quills & paper) are the tools of her trade. They are also relatively small and easy to hide, so I think it's plausible that she has her own stash of them, especially now that they have presumably cut way down on the number of servants in the house who might notice them and tell. (It's also possible that she might be slipping a bit of extra cash to the housekeeper and claiming that it was saved from when her father was still alive; the housekeeper knows her mother is a spendthrift who thinks Pen is something of a freak, so it's plausible that she might have hidden some cash from Mommy dearest.)

Last edited:
Just finished the last episode and it was the best by far. I wish they could have thrown some of that energy into the rest of the episodes. The will they, won't they thing has been done to death. There had to have been a better way to present the Anthony/Kate story.

I will give it a go to see if it is as bad as the first season, mind you if you want a really good show try ashes of love or the moon embracing the sun
It's worse if that's even possible. I couldn't finish watching.

I just rewatched the first season. I had forgotten about Eloise' contact with the queen about the identity of Lady Whistledown. With that in mind and her 'I don't care what other people think'-attitude in season one, Eloise almost having a panic attack when being presented to the court and the queen seems very far fetched.

Don’t know if anyone else loves hearing the “Regency style” renditions of modern songs playing in the series? I’ve always loved Alanis Morissette but am even more in love hearing her accompanied by the strings from Bridgerton
Yes! The Regency musical renditions are a highlight for me, as well. Loved the Alanis song in the show and this clip you shared. The Alanis documentary (I think it's on Amazon) was excellent. Highly recommend it, if you're a fan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter