Bridetobe82's Planning Journal (Disneyland Bride Updated 1/17)

Here are some pics from my planning session in January 2007!

The Rose Court Garden (the flowers aren't in bloom yet)...
princess:
RCG6.jpg

RCG7.jpg

RCG8.jpg

In front of the Rose Court Garden...

RCG5.jpg

The Rose Court Garden from the side at night...

RCGNight2.jpg

The Sierra Lawn, where cocktail hour will be held...

CocktailHour.jpg

The Pavilion Ballroom

Pavilion.jpg

Pavilion1-1.jpg

Pavilion2-1.jpg

Pavilion3.jpg

Here are some pics from my food tasting in January 2007!

The basic table setting...

PlaceSetting2.jpg

Napkin folds (sorry I didn't take a picture of all of them)...

Napkin1.jpg

Napkin2.jpg

Bread...

Dinner1.jpg

Caesar Salad with a tangy lemon dressing...

Dinner3.jpg

Sorry I didn't get to take a picture of the raspberry champagne sorbet but trust me it was really good-we want to serve it in a "glass" ice slipper. Roasted Meyer Lemon Chicken Breast, Smashed Red Potatoes Infused W/Garlic, Stuffed Tomato filled w/Spinach Au Gratin...Yummmm...

Dinner4.jpg

Chocolate covered strawberries w/a Mickey and Minnie chocolate stencil design (so cute)...

Dinner6.jpg

Sorry I didn't take a pic of the cake tasting but we are going to go with a Vanilla Cake w/butter cream frosting and fresh strawberries (SOOO GOOD)!

Wow! You really have a calling as a wedding planner. I'd hire you. Great job!

I love your ideas! and I love your flutes especially!

I have to ask... know you know where your flutes are from, I know you said they were a gift?

Wow, just WOW!

I love your color and your taste!

You will love both locations for your wedding! (I had the same for mine!) And my color was eggplant!

You are doing a fine, fine job. You are so much more ahead of the game than where I was during your same time-frame. Keep up the good work and I wish you the best of wedding days!

I.LOVE.YOUR.DRESS! Fabulous!

Thanks ladies! I haven't posted here in awhile and I have lots of updates with only 2 more weeks to go until the big day...ahhhhhh!

Bridesmaids Dresses
I changed my bridesmaids dresses. The new dresses are by Watters and Watters in Periwinkle Dupioni Silk w/a white sash

IfTheShoeFits-1.jpg
Bridesmaid_Dress_Back_View.jpg

The Invitation

WeddingInvitation2.jpg

The Welcome Box

GableBox.jpg

The Favors

CDfavor.jpg

Fan1.jpg

The Flowers
I love love love lavender and white roses. The very first flowers that my FI sent to me were lavender roses. My flowers will be mainly lavender and white roses. I still need to sent my coordinator my two lavender fabric swatches...I want to have two different colors of lavender in all of the flower arrangements.

The Cake
My cake will be Golden Vanilla Cake, Vanilla Custard Filling and Fresh Strawberries (we tried it at the planning session and it was sooo yummy!). Here is my cake inspiration pic (love the lavender roses)...

starry_night-1.gif

Here is my "C" cake topper

CakeTopper.jpg

My "I Do" Letter will go on my cake table with a ton of rose petals

IDOLetters.jpg

My Bouquet
I will be putting one of my grandmother's old pins on my bouquet as my "something old". My bouquet will have lavender roses but it will look similar to this...

of50590363.jpg

Bridesmaids Bouquets
The bridesmaids will have white roses

34788787Ffp349nu327654698WSNRCG3-1.jpg

Boutonnieres
FI's bout will be in lavender and the groomsmen will have white roses

33575232327Ffp3ot233443438XROQDF232.jpg

Ceremony Decor
There will be a flower arrangement on the gazebo and they will later transfer it to the sweetheart table...it will be mainly lavender roses. We will also have lavender rose petals on the side of the runner w/votives along the aisle (our ceremony is in the evening). We will also have the draped fabric with rose clusters on every other chair.

aislerunner.jpg

Centerpieces
We will have something similar to this minus the mirror

47b6cf22b3127cce8e3999e7d93b0000001.jpg

Bridal Shower Host Gifts

BridalShowerThankYou1.jpg

BridalShowerThankYou2.jpg

Bridal Shower Cake

IMG_1452.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

Bathroom Basket

BathroomBasket2.jpg

BathroomBasket1.jpg

Contents in the girls basket (the guys basket is the same minus the feminine products):

Emery Boards (lavender and pink of course)
First Aid Kit
Tampons
Pads
Panty Liners
Hair Ties
Shout Wipes
Hair Spray
Lint Roller
Tissue
Cotton Swaps
Cotton Rounds
Contact Solution
Cleansing Facial Wipes
Floss
Eye Makeup Remover
Mints
Lotion

Card Box

CardBox.jpg

Gift to my Groom
I bought my FI an IPOD shuffle, which he has been wanting so I hope he likes it.

product-shuffle.jpg

I also bought him this funny "Game Over" shirt from http://www.cafepress.com/. He loves playing video games so this is perfect for him.

135564891v1_240x240_Front.jpg

Flower Girl Tote Bag

FlowerGirlBag.jpg

FlowerGirlToteGift.jpg

everything looks fabulous!

As another Disneyland bride, I am curious to hear where you are having your rehersal dinner.

Have a wonderful wedding day!
Can't wait to see the TR!!!

We are having the RD at Buca di Beppo. We are also having a Fantasmic! dessert party for all of our guests.:banana:

What a cute idea for the shower thank you's! How did you get them to your guests? Did you hand them out at the shower?

Everything really looks fabulous! Great job.:thumbsup2

We are having the RD at Buca di Beppo. We are also having a Fantasmic! dessert party for all of our guests.:banana:

Wow can you give more information about the fantasmic desert party? I really wanted to ask my planner about it, but I don't want to sound stupid. What excately do they offer you? I would love to hear all your details!

Thanks princessdisneybelle! The countdown is on! I can't wait!

Thanks TimeforMe! I handed out my shower gifts after the shower was over. I wanted to also get them an umbrella but I had too many hosts and it got too costly with umbrellas.

Thanks Dremwvr! Our planner was no help at all planning the Fantasmic! dessert party...she told us that we would have to contact special events ourselves but you can always try asking your planner first and see what she says. My mom planned it so I don't know all of the details but I do know that they don't take reservations until 30 days out and you really need to be the first one on the phone in order to get what you want. My mom was the first to call at 8:00am (PST) when the phone lines opened and we lucked out getting the right amount of tickets. FYI- the balcony is closed for renovations so we booked premium seating. Guests need to have a ticket to Disneyland in order to attend this event and reserved seating for FAntasmic! is $59 per person. We were told that desserts and drinks will be passed.

Here is more info that I found about it on mousesavers (hope this helps)...

Fantasmic! Special Seating With Dessert

If you want to watch the wonderful Disneyland show Fantasmic! with the best possible view and comfortable seating (and enjoy yummy desserts at the same time), you may want to consider booking Fantasmic! Balcony Seating or Fantasmic! Premium Seating.

Fantasmic! Balcony Seating includes a reserved seat on the balcony of the Disney Gallery, providing a perfect view of the show. There are only about 18-20 seats available on the balcony. You will also have access to a fabulous dessert table and drinks such as coffee, soda, iced tea and hot chocolate. If you book seating for the first performance of Fantasmic! offered that evening, you will also be allowed to keep your seat for the fireworks.

Note: currently reservations for the Balcony Seating are not being taken past 7/31/07 and there are rumors that it will be completely discontinued after that time, due to a re-purposing of the Disney Gallery space.

Fantasmic! Premium Seating includes a reserved seat in a private area near the Haunted Mansion. The view is not as good as the view from the balcony. There are about 54 seats in the Premium Seating area. You will also have access to a fabulous dessert table and drinks such as coffee, soda, iced tea and hot chocolate. As with the Balcony Seating, if you book Premium Seating for the first performance of Fantasmic! offered that evening, you will also be allowed to keep your seat for the fireworks.

Either option is strictly a luxury experience and very costly. Reserved seating for Fantasmic! is $59 per person. There are no discounts on the Fantasmic! Balcony Seating. For the Fantasmic! Premium Seating, children in the party pay $10 less.

To get reserved seating for Fantasmic! you MUST call one month before the day you plan to attend. (The Balcony Seating almost always sells out within minutes.) Be on the phone to (714) 781-4400 at 8:00 am (PST). They will give you a confirmation number. On the day of your reservation, you will need to bring that confirmation number, the credit card used to purchase the tickets, and photo ID.

On the day of your reservation, pick up your tickets at Guest Relations outside the Disneyland entrance. For Balcony Seating, show up at the Disney Gallery at least 30 minutes in advance (45 is better) and let them know that you are waiting. For Premium Seating, show up in the same time frame at the special seating area. They will call you about 20 minutes before the show and show you to your seats. Usually you will be seated based in the order of the tickets purchased, but this is not guaranteed.

you've done such an amazing job planning everything. congrates!

I don't think I have enough posts to send private messages yet, but I got the message you sent me and just letting you know I joined that site and have already posted under the same username I have here! Thank you so much for letting me know about it! :thumbsup2

I am going to Disneyland for my first planning session in 10 days. On a lot of the WDW threads, they talk about receiving an AP as part of the package. Does anybody know if there is an AP as part of a FTW for DL?

I am so excited I can't wait for my trip!!!princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter