Brides with Visible Tattoos??

I actually thought the crown necklace was a tattoo too! I thought I would chime in. I do not have any tattoos BUT my Matron of Honor has 13!!! In her wedding she didn't cover any of them up and she looked fantastic because they fit her and her personality. In my wedding she won't be covering them up either and I'm sure she'll still look just as good!

I have a few tattoos, and I think I'm going to get another one after the wedding. I like to get them as my life changes.... anyway, I have a VERY strong opinion about tattoos that show. If you got them to put in a discrete location to hid them on purpose, thats one thing. If you have a big honken tattoo on your neck, that people can see everyday - why WOULDN'T you want to show it off in your sexy wedding dress? When I got my most recent tat on my foot, my mom saw it and said "what about if you get married?" The tat is a memorial for my brother, so I just said, "Then good, I want everyone to see it -- it will be like he's walking down the aisle with me!" I purposefully put it in a place people see so when they say "what's that" I can tell them all about him. Seems kind of lame I guess, but it keeps him and his memory in my life forever! :confused3

Short point - there's nothing to be ashamed about or "ugly" about your tattoos showing... they make you who you are!! :thumbsup2

I have two tattoos, but only one of them was showing the day of the wedding (I can't post a picture just now but I will try later). It's on my right shoulder, and I got it in memory of a friend who was killed by a drunk driver, so there was no way I was going to cover it up.

I love the look of tattoos in weddings, I think they allow a little character to show through the "bride" look.

I have a few tattoos, and I think I'm going to get another one after the wedding. I like to get them as my life changes.... anyway, I have a VERY strong opinion about tattoos that show. If you got them to put in a discrete location to hid them on purpose, thats one thing. If you have a big honken tattoo on your neck, that people can see everyday - why WOULDN'T you want to show it off in your sexy wedding dress? When I got my most recent tat on my foot, my mom saw it and said "what about if you get married?" The tat is a memorial for my brother, so I just said, "Then good, I want everyone to see it -- it will be like he's walking down the aisle with me!" I purposefully put it in a place people see so when they say "what's that" I can tell them all about him. Seems kind of lame I guess, but it keeps him and his memory in my life forever! :confused3

Short point - there's nothing to be ashamed about or "ugly" about your tattoos showing... they make you who you are!! :thumbsup2

That is very sweet. Do you have any pics??

I am definitely not ashamed but I guess I am looking at my back as more of a canvas...plus I have OCD and I like things to be symetrical, lol. I am very torn about where to put my next one.

I have two tattoos, but only one of them was showing the day of the wedding (I can't post a picture just now but I will try later). It's on my right shoulder, and I got it in memory of a friend who was killed by a drunk driver, so there was no way I was going to cover it up.

I love the look of tattoos in weddings, I think they allow a little character to show through the "bride" look.

I would love to see yours too!

That is very sweet. Do you have any pics??

I am definitely not ashamed but I guess I am looking at my back as more of a canvas...plus I have OCD and I like things to be symetrical, lol. I am very torn about where to put my next one.

I hear ya!

He was KIA in Iraq in 06. :(

They are the elfin words for "strength courage and wisdom" like my own little serenity prayer (give me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference)

tat.jpg

I may be a bit biased as I find tattoos hot...but I say don't cover em up. They're part of you....why hide that?

I only have one at the moment...more are in the works once I figure out what/where.

I have a tattoo on my lower back - I purposefully got it there because I can choose to show it or not, depending on how I feel. It didn't show when I was wearing my VR dress.

This post just reminded me of the day I told my mother I would be getting a tattoo across my chest. She was horrified and her first thought was that I would have to wear a turtleneck on my wedding day :rotfl:

Meg - I have an anchor on my left foot too! Weird!

I hear ya!

He was KIA in Iraq in 06. :(

They are the elfin words for "strength courage and wisdom" like my own little serenity prayer (give me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference)
tat.jpg

Oh I love it...and I love the meaning behind it too!!

As promised:

42-NCL.jpg

16-NCL.jpg

115-NCL.jpg

74-NCL.jpg

Please ignore the sunburn, I was stupid and forgot to wear sunscreen. :blush:

Lol, I was thinking ouch, that sunburn looks like it hurt. But you look beautiful!!!

obviously I am a-ok with ink on my skin.. hence the screen name lol. Funny thing is, when we were planning the wedding, the first thing i said to my tattoo artist is, omg, i have to finish my sleeves/chest piece so they are ready for the wedding. But I also think anyone who is truly involved in tattoos and the tattoo community would never even ask a question like this. If you have a couple little tattoos cause you thought it was a cute idea then I would cover them up, because really it's not a big part of your life like it is for some. My tattoos are who I am, so why would I hide them?

Heres pics of mine.. I'd have a hell of a time covering them anyways lol

My chest piece.. not done yet
IMG_8370.jpg

one view of my arm
IMG_8363.jpg

same arm

IMG_8333.jpg

same arm again

IMG_8332.jpg

other arm

IMG_8384.jpg

wrist (i have this tattoo on both wrists)

IMG_8383.jpg

But I also think anyone who is truly involved in tattoos and the tattoo community would never even ask a question like this. If you have a couple little tattoos cause you thought it was a cute idea then I would cover them up, because really it's not a big part of your life like it is for some. My tattoos are who I am, so why would I hide them?

Wow thanks...as I said before I am in no way ashamed of my tattoos nor do I want to hide them....and I didn't get them because it was cute idea...My concern more is with how my back will look and the placement of my new tattoo as I feel it is a bit masculine. But thanks again for your opinion.

Wow thanks...as I said before I am in no way ashamed of my tattoos nor do I want to hide them....and I didn't get them because it was cute idea...My concern more is with how my back will look and the placement of my new tattoo as I feel it is a bit masculine. But thanks again for your opinion.

I can't help but feel that your being a smart as% with me?? I never said YOU were ashamed of your ink.. I didn't say anyone was actually, so please don't twist words.I also did not type anything with a snarky attitude, so please don't be so sensitive. Like I said tattoos aren't some random idea.. they are a part of who you are, and *I* wouldn't be placing my tattoos with the thoughts of my future wedding dress in mind. I mean in general all tattoos are considered a masculine thing, so what does it matter where you put it? You should always put a tattoo where your heart tells you to put it! My advice, if you plan on having children, no don't get it on your stomach, you will regret it later on(unless your awesomely lucky and do not get any stretch marks). With anything else, do what is going to make YOU happy, because at the end of the day it's your body.

I can't help but feel that your being a smart as% with me?? I never said YOU were ashamed of your ink.. I didn't say anyone was actually, so please don't twist words.I also did not type anything with a snarky attitude, so please don't be so sensitive. Like I said tattoos aren't some random idea.. they are a part of who you are, and *I* wouldn't be placing my tattoos with the thoughts of my future wedding dress in mind. I mean in general all tattoos are considered a masculine thing, so what does it matter where you put it? You should always put a tattoo where your heart tells you to put it! My advice, if you plan on having children, no don't get it on your stomach, you will regret it later on(unless your awesomely lucky and do not get any stretch marks). With anything else, do what is going to make YOU happy, because at the end of the day it's your body.

Well since I am the one asking the question, yes I took your answer to be a bit sarcastic and snarky. I take my tattoos and their placement very seriously. I am also ocd, lol, and the thought of having one in the middle and one on my left shoulder is bugging me a bit. Plus I think it's possible to have tattoo (without just thinking they are cute) without being involved in the tattoo community as you put it. This is my body and I am aware of how they look and their placement. I was just wondering other's who had the same experience. Sorry if I took your post the wrong way.

i dont think your post was snarky at all

it appears that some people are VERY passionate about their tats

i think its a VERY interesting question & people are curious

i think inkedoutmomma just read your post differently than you meant it...we ALL do that

i say go for what your comfy with!!

im thinking of getting another & i consider myself "too old" to get more, but its my body!!!

but heres a question for some tat ladies...have you ever tried to "fix' a tat...i was thinking of touching mine up??

Well since I am the one asking the question, yes I took your answer to be a bit sarcastic and snarky. I take my tattoos and their placement very seriously. I am also ocd, lol, and the thought of having one in the middle and one on my left shoulder is bugging me a bit. Plus I think it's possible to have tattoo (without just thinking they are cute) without being involved in the tattoo community as you put it. This is my body and I am aware of how they look and their placement. I was just wondering other's who had the same experience. Sorry if I took your post the wrong way.

but heres a question for some tat ladies...have you ever tried to "fix' a tat...i was thinking of touching mine up??

Ah, you're never too old for a new tat! ;)

What do you mean by 'touching it up'? Are you going to have something added, or are you meaning having it reinked?! I've had a couple of mine reinked as I have really strange pigmentation across my upper back (from being burned as a kid) which means my skin doesn't hold ink quite so well. Other than, to keep them looking fresh I just make sure my skin is well exfoliated and mosturised, and I apply vaseline on the them when i'm going out and want them to 'shine'

Oh... I would personally think VERY carefully about having anything put on your upper back unless its something that can be added to at a later date. I really regret choosing my shoulder blade for my first ever tat because you are basically wiping out a HUGE blank canvas if its something that can't be added to in the future if you should want something bigger

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter