• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bride-to-be's totally confusing PJ - Beach towel design =o)

You may know the answer to this - I have been trying to reach Cindy at the florist who only works on Sundays for weeks now. I called once and was told she was the person to speak with. Do you know if we can order chair covers through the florist for the beach ceremony? I really want hot pink chair covers just to add some color to the beach.

Florist as in WDW florist? I have no idea but that's a good question. The green chairs they have for CC weddings are horrendous. White would be better. I don't know who ordered those but they suck!

:. How do people get up and run on a regular basis?! I don't understand how anyone can actually enjoy the sport - I feel like it would be so much easier to cut everything yummy out of my diet and live on my rabbit's food. So today I am in sooo much pain - my legs are so stiff I can barely walk. Can I really be this out of shape? For all of those runners out there - how do you make yourself do it???

Ever heard of don't run before you can walk - it is actually true !

Much better if you start off with brisk walking with 5-10 minutes of jogging , and just build up the amount of running over a number of weeks, as you become acustomed to it, and feel comfortable with it.

You are doing the running equivalent of the crash diet and you are not going to be able to keep it up !

Make a more sensible start and work out a routine you can stick to in the long term....preferably past the wedding. :yay:

Also you might want to try a treadmill at the local gym....I find it better than road running as its easier to control & measure what you do ...and there is much less public humiliation LOL, whilst you are attaining your goals !

Keep small goals. Don't say to yourself "I need to be able to keep up with DF." Say "I'm going to walk at a brisk pace for 1/2 an hour today." Eventually, you'll get bored enough with walking and want to start running. Then you can run and walk (switching between the two) as much as you want.

Also, I recommend a simple heart rate monitor. For me, seeing how high my heart rate is keeps it in perspective. Believe it or not, I can get my HR at about 140-150 just walking...which is a really good cardio HR for me. If I see it pushing 180 (which is about 95% of my max HR), I know I'm running faster than my body really should for any distance! Also, it'll tell you how many calories you burn, which is also good motivation.

Last tip: try swimming if you have a pool nearby. At first I could only do the breast stroke for any length of time, but was eventually able to switch between freestyle and breaststroke. It's great for toning your upper body, but you still get the cardio (and you can wear the HR monitor in the pool, as well).

I say all this, and I'm NOT a good runner. I've just been at it for years and know how to get over the motivation hump.

Download coach to 5k podcast. That is what I and several of my friends have done and it is great. It takes you through walking and running intervals. Builds up to more running and less walking.

Ok I haven't read through your whole PJ BUT...if one of my choices was the MK...OMG NO CONTEST!!!:lmao: Seriously that dress is beautiful and it's just made for a MK wedding!!

I LOVE YOUR DRESS!!!! It is by far one of my favorite wedding dresses I have ever seen

Florist as in WDW florist? I have no idea but that's a good question. The green chairs they have for CC weddings are horrendous. White would be better. I don't know who ordered those but they suck!

Online a found a website where you can buy used white garden folding chairs like they have for the deck 7 ceremonies and chivari chairs for like $8 each. I am almost thinking we should just buy them and donate them to the island. I think it would almost be cheaper then chair covers! I still like the idea of Hot Pink chairs so one of these Sundays I am actually going to reach the person at the disney florist.

Ever heard of don't run before you can walk - it is actually true !

Much better if you start off with brisk walking with 5-10 minutes of jogging , and just build up the amount of running over a number of weeks, as you become acustomed to it, and feel comfortable with it.

You are doing the running equivalent of the crash diet and you are not going to be able to keep it up !

Make a more sensible start and work out a routine you can stick to in the long term....preferably past the wedding. :yay:

Also you might want to try a treadmill at the local gym....I find it better than road running as its easier to control & measure what you do ...and there is much less public humiliation LOL, whilst you are attaining your goals !

I love the treadmill idea but I don't think I would every make myself go. I have some sort of antiquated exercise equipment and I even moved it into my sitting room and still could never make myself use it. I guess you are right and I should start with walking.

Keep small goals. Don't say to yourself "I need to be able to keep up with DF." Say "I'm going to walk at a brisk pace for 1/2 an hour today." Eventually, you'll get bored enough with walking and want to start running. Then you can run and walk (switching between the two) as much as you want.

Also, I recommend a simple heart rate monitor. For me, seeing how high my heart rate is keeps it in perspective. Believe it or not, I can get my HR at about 140-150 just walking...which is a really good cardio HR for me. If I see it pushing 180 (which is about 95% of my max HR), I know I'm running faster than my body really should for any distance! Also, it'll tell you how many calories you burn, which is also good motivation.

Last tip: try swimming if you have a pool nearby. At first I could only do the breast stroke for any length of time, but was eventually able to switch between freestyle and breaststroke. It's great for toning your upper body, but you still get the cardio (and you can wear the HR monitor in the pool, as well).

I say all this, and I'm NOT a good runner. I've just been at it for years and know how to get over the motivation hump.

Thanks Heidi - we do have a pool nearby (its always pretty cold...) but hopefully we have a hot summer. The heart rate moniter is a great idea I will have to get one.

Download coach to 5k podcast. That is what I and several of my friends have done and it is great. It takes you through walking and running intervals. Builds up to more running and less walking.

You guys are all going to laugh at me - but I got an Ipod years ago - when Nanos first came out, DLed a bunch of stuff to it and haven't been able to figure anything else out. The music on it is soooo old. So I almost never use it.

Ok I haven't read through your whole PJ BUT...if one of my choices was the MK...OMG NO CONTEST!!!:lmao: Seriously that dress is beautiful and it's just made for a MK wedding!!

Thanks!!! I want to know what we are doing - its really killing me. I am waiting to hear answers back to a billion questions and then we have to consider stuff like at 8am in the end of January its likely to be kind of chilly out etc.

I LOVE YOUR DRESS!!!! It is by far one of my favorite wedding dresses I have ever seen
Thank you!!! I fell in love when I first saw the sketch in the newspaper.

Once you talk about shipping the chairs..I don't think they would be that cheap...

The green must be a good blend because I just looked at them in Lisa's pictures and hardly noticed them..

I really try to resist posting here because you don't even know if you are having a CC ceremony...I think you need to iron out what you want and THEN make all these plans..the way you are going, you are making yourself crazy because you are trying to plan too many ceremonies.

3059949477_623f3cb1a5.jpg

Thanks Betsy...I don't think they look that bad either....I just went back and looked because I couldn't remember (must not have been to important).

What I hated was the ugly Blue and Red Podium. Now that is UGLY!

I don't think those chairs look bad at all. Even if they do to you, I seriously doubt you will notice them. I was really worried about the ugly plastic chairs at SBP. I never noticed the chairs.

Wow, what's up with that podium though? I don't think that would blend in with very many color schemes!

That's true Betsy and Lisa - they really don't look that bad. I just do not understand why they didn't buy white in the first place. Probably b/c they weren't considering them only for weddings.

Either way, I think that for what is charged for a wedding for DCL, they can afford to buy chairs. I mean, what are you getting besides the cake, champagne, a little music, short ceremony and goft cart transporation to/from the site on CC? (Lisa and I had this whole argument once (we were on the same side of course) so I'll spare you guys the details. Oh well....who are we to change it?)

Again, I agree - the green chairs aren't so bad. :goodvibes

I think the podium has something to do with the Bahamas or Abacoa..seems like I heard or read that somewhere..we just had a white music stand
5kil8l.jpg

Ok so I had remembered the chairs as being horrible!! Those really don't look bad at all. I would just be happier if they were white or if I could cover them with a hot pink chair cover.

If anyone does know anything about the podium and why it looks the way it does I would love to know. If there isn't a cool story that goes with it I think we are going to request to not have a podium (do we really need one??).

Betsey you are right I didn't look into the shipping yet - I don't want to get too far ahead of myself. Even so, how much can shipping cost? We will know about the CC ceremony in 2 weeks!!!!!! And besides theres not much decor to plan with the castle - they already provide chivari chairs and I think they only things we have to decide on are basic isle decorations and flower choices.

Shipping to a private island? More than shipping it to a home address. I am not even sure you can ship something to the island.
Really..they are chairs you are going to sit in for 15 minutes..I bet they didn't order white because they would yellow as PVC chairs sometimes do.

To channel some of that worry, why don't you look into a wedding dress for the island..something short and destination-like. You are so worried about chairs and covers, but wearing a bathing suit? I promise you..no one will notice green chairs unless they are dressier than the bride.

There's a post office there - you just have them shipped to the post office.

Anyhoo if we do the beach ceremony - this is what I plan to wear except I would have the blue beading removed and replaced with either all white or white with some pink. This picture is really bad b/c it doesn't show any of the detail but the whole coverup is embroidered in white and kind of fun. I am going to look at again in 2 weeks =o)

71379_whiteonarollembroidery_large.jpg

The post office is only manned on days when the ship is there..it isn't part of the US postal service..it is another country...Everyone that works on the island (who isn't a CM) takes a skiff from Abacoa each day..there isn't a way for them to load 15 or 20 chairs on the skiff.

And just for entertainment purposes for all of us who read...why won't you consider something more bridal? You are paying upwards of $40k or more for this wedding..you want floral enhancements, private beaches, new chairs and hot pink covers..why would you just wear a coverup? Even going with the idea that you don't want to drag your Belle dress in the sand, they make dresses for beach weddings..the collection I got my dress from is nothing BUT destination gowns..some even short enough to stand in the surf...it seems you have 2 ideas of what you want..

I am so glad you find all of this entertaining! :rotfl2:

If we go the beach wedding route we want it to be super informal. I am going to wear some sort of a beaded coverup and DF wants to wear boardshorts. We don't want to have to go back to the boat to change after the ceremony.

Then for the reception back at WDW I will wear the Belle dress and DF will either wear his tux or his tales - he hasn't quite decided which.

Don't worry about the chairs - if we end up doing the beach wedding I will get either the chairs or the chair covers there. I have shipped stuff to really random remote places in the past - you just have be creative about it.

Aw, I'm so disappointed with your cover up! You have a much better figure than that cover up will reveal! Please reconsider if you go the CC route!

As for the chairs, I have to agree with Betsy about it not being a normal post office. I think that if you go the CC route your best bet is to rent chair covers. Don't worry about something silly like getting CHAIRS to the island. Covers is a little more reasonable.

I'm anxious to hear your CC vs. WDW decision. I think that, from the sound of it, you'd have a much more cohesive affair at WDW than you would at CC. Just seems like the pieces fit together better there for you.

So I was at work and got an email about some discounted dates on the Wonder for this summer. So I went to the disneycruise.com to check them out and they didn't seem to be much. So I figured while I was there I would check the rates on our wedding cruise, since we can get the new lower rates. So I checked AND THEY DROPPED!!! I was in :cloud9:, I couldn't remember exactly what we were paying but I knew it was less so I continued to go and remove the trip insurance and the transfers to see what the price was. Before you always had to decline on trip insurance and the price would drop - now trip insurance isn't included and you have to pay extra - hmmm. So I raced home as fast as I could to pull out all of our reservations only to find that disney didn't drop the price - they are just trying to trick people into thinking they did by not including trip insurance in the original quote. I am :mad:

Aw, I'm so disappointed with your cover up! You have a much better figure than that cover up will reveal! Please reconsider if you go the CC route!

I'm with Mikkel! I get that you want it to be informal, but you can still flatter your figure better- you're the bride! What about a light chiffon sundress like this?

chiffon-gown.jpg

Or, if you're really dead set on the cover up look - how about something like this?

tubedress.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter