Brian Bennett answers questions about cut-backs - Long but good!

DVC-Landbaron

What Would Walt Do?
Stumbled across this and I thought some might be interested. Brain Bennett answers his e-mail, all regarding the recent cuts at WDW.

BENNETT ARTICLE

Welcome back!

Well, what'd think? Pretty sad, isn't it? :(

Really, nothing new here. Obviously, some are upset about the cuts, and we all know that. The question is, are those who are upset correct when they say that guests will not comeback to the resorts/parks because of these cuts. If that is true, attendance will not rise, even when the fear of air travel subsides and the economy improves.

Whether Disney is taking the right pro-active steps is debateable, however, they will at the least take reactive steps to any changes that truly result in guests staying away, as most of the writers in the column said will happen. Of course, if these soothsayers are wrong, and the issues they raise are not a problem for the vast majority of Disney guests, then certainly some changes will become permanent.

Two things caught my attention:

1. The ying and yang of reduced workhours versus lay-offs. It seemed like the only positive comments had something to do with this decision.

A columnist who claims to work for Disney in a sufficiently high-ranking position as to know many of the internals of the company and its decisions, frequently trumpets the word "TRUTH" (again, her/their emphasis)…I have to wonder if Disney is not indoctrinating or even employing these individuals to take the Disney "spin" to what they allegedly see as the "battle lines" on the Internet…and I have it on very good authority from a well-informed source that Disney employs individuals to monitor and even participate in Internet discussions for the purpose of "managing" them to their favor.

Does anybody know what “columnist” is being referred to here?

Also, I don’t know who is handling Car #1 membership these days, but I assume all your background checks are up to date? You haven't picked up any strange hitchhikers lately?

I believe the reference is to Marcie on Mouseinfo.com.

And I have my suspicions about a person who posts on the LaughingPlace message boards (I'm not going to give the posting name since I don't have proof, but the initials of the posting name are MA ), but from what I've read here I think all the Car 1 people here are all on the up and up :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter