Breweries close to Disneyland

disneychrista

DIS Veteran
I am working on planning a trip to Disneyland in Mid-May. My arrival day I would like to visit a couple breweries. Anyone have recommendations for a breweries close to Disneyland.

And yes I know Ballast Point is in DTD, which I might hit for lunch/dinner on one of my park days.

I am working on planning a trip to Disneyland in Mid-May. My arrival day I would like to visit a couple breweries. Anyone have recommendations for a breweries close to Disneyland.

And yes I know Ballast Point is in DTD, which I might hit for lunch/dinner on one of my park days.
Breweries in Anaheim

That web page has a map. Golden Road, across the street from Anaheim Stadium will be the next closest, followed by Unsung on Anaheim Blvd.

Another list:

10 Best Anaheim Breweries

I'm not sure I'd jump on that list as gospel, but it does give more information. Unfortunately, most of the microbreweries are in the northeast corner of Anaheim, along La Palma Ave. A good half-dozen there.

I will have a car and don’t mind driving a little ways for better breweries.
After I posted this I realized I should have added that I was looking for opinions & experiences on the local breweries. Which ones are must sees and which ones might be skippable.

Golden Road is widely distributed in my area due to it being owned by AB- InBev. I visited there Sacramento location, which is now closed, about 5 years ago. I enjoy their Mango Cart.

I will have a car and don’t mind driving a little ways for better breweries.
After I posted this I realized I should have added that I was looking for opinions & experiences on the local breweries. Which ones are must sees and which ones might be skippable.

Golden Road is widely distributed in my area due to it being owned by AB- InBev. I visited there Sacramento location, which is now closed, about 5 years ago. I enjoy their Mango Cart.
I didn't want to give an opinion on the beer itself, because that's so subjective and I'm not sure anyone will have tried everything at each location. I'm also not sure what you're looking for. Are you looking for the best overall experience? The best brewery with food available, or one that is basically a tasting room? Plenty of the smaller breweries really are storefronts in industrial parks, so it would really only be about the beer.

That's why I started with the two web pages, to give you an idea of the the general world of breweries in Anaheim, so you could maybe narrow it down first and maybe eliminate ones you'd not want to drive to no matter what (no food, very small, etc.).

Personal favorite is Unsung, followed by Radiant (which now that I think of it is the closest to Disneyland, maybe a mile and a half away). For overall fun, Brewery X is pretty decent too, but it's really large (converted warehouse) and can get busy. Owned by a really nice group of guys though.

I'm an old dude though, so I'll also ask my son, who I'm pretty sure has been to every one of the spots listed on those pages. As to Ballast Point, I think half of his friends work there now, but I don't think any of them spend any off the clock time there.

I didn't want to give an opinion on the beer itself, because that's so subjective and I'm not sure anyone will have tried everything at each location. I'm also not sure what you're looking for. Are you looking for the best overall experience? The best brewery with food available, or one that is basically a tasting room? Plenty of the smaller breweries really are storefronts in industrial parks, so it would really only be about the beer.

That's why I started with the two web pages, to give you an idea of the the general world of breweries in Anaheim, so you could maybe narrow it down first and maybe eliminate ones you'd not want to drive to no matter what (no food, very small, etc.).

Personal favorite is Unsung, followed by Radiant (which now that I think of it is the closest to Disneyland, maybe a mile and a half away). For overall fun, Brewery X is pretty decent too, but it's really large (converted warehouse) and can get busy. Owned by a really nice group of guys though.

I'm an old dude though, so I'll also ask my son, who I'm pretty sure has been to every one of the spots listed on those pages. As to Ballast Point, I think half of his friends work there now, but I don't think any of them spend any off the clock time there.

Thank you. Best overall experience and opinion of the brewery. I agree personal opinion of the beer is subjective but that could just be you don't like the styles of beer they have. Like they are mostly IPA's and you are a stout person. But are the beers over all of good quality?

Some of the smaller breweries in industrial parks also can be some of the best breweries.

The area around the Anaheim Packing House has several, including ones already mentioned like Unsung. You could also ride ART there if you’re worried about alcohol and driving.

It appears that most of the breweries don't serve food, is that correct? I am looking for a dinner spot and from what I can tell Karl Strauss, may be one of the few that have food. I am not

I'll be stopping at Bootleggers in Fullerton on my way in for Lunch and then to either Mookish or Villains while I wait for check in time at my hotel (Desert Inn). Unsung doesn't open until 4I was thinking of stopping at Brewheim after dinner. The question is, is there a better brewery for dinner on that side of town?

I really wish that I had more time to explore the breweries. There are SO MANY.

It appears that most of the breweries don't serve food, is that correct? I am looking for a dinner spot and from what I can tell Karl Strauss, may be one of the few that have food. I am not

I'll be stopping at Bootleggers in Fullerton on my way in for Lunch and then to either Mookish or Villains while I wait for check in time at my hotel (Desert Inn). Unsung doesn't open until 4I was thinking of stopping at Brewheim after dinner. The question is, is there a better brewery for dinner on that side of town?

I really wish that I had more time to explore the breweries. There are SO MANY.

I suppose it depends on the license and whether or not they want to operate a kitchen.

There are some brewpubs in Orange that might be close enough. Certainly closer to Anaheim than most of Fullerton.

https://www.chapmancrafted.beer
This place has its own food.
https://1886brewingco.com/orange-orange-circle-1886-brewing-co-food-menu
This place is on the outskirts of Anaheim, but apparently works with rotating food trucks.

https://bottlelogic.com

Bottle Logic is definitely one I want more I try. I’ll have to give them a closer look when it gets closer and see what good trucks they have that day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter