BREAKING: Walt Disney World Introduces Date-Based Variable Pricing for Genie+ Service

Having been at the 2019 D23 Expo session when Iger announced that Genie was coming in Spring 2020 and enthusiastically praised it, I can tell you it was most definitely done under his watch as CEO -- when Chapek was head of Parks and Resorts.
I don't think it was every discussed as a paid option though at D23. If anything, it was just the free option they have now. I noticed that Lightning Lanes was not a thing until they announced it. I believe it was Spiderman had a fastpass sign, then a week or so later they replaced it with lightning lane. That was under Chapek

I don't think it was every discussed as a paid option though at D23. If anything, it was just the free option they have now. I noticed that Lightning Lanes was not a thing until they announced it. I believe it was Spiderman had a fastpass sign, then a week or so later they replaced it with lightning lane. That was under Chapek
I was at the D23 presentation, he talked about the portion that could be used to plan your day. But considering that every park around the country, including DL, had some kind of paid front of the line, I had no doubt there would be a charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter