Breakfast ideas???

essmom

DIS Veteran
I was wondering what people do for breakfast. I am planning on getting a cooler and have cereal, bagels some mornings, but where is a good inexpensive place to get something quick? We are staying at the HRH. Thanks

Hi....we always eat a good buffet breakfast - fruit starters, the full works eggs and bacon, sausages, etc. It sets you up for the day and we can then manage on takeaway snack in the afternoon and while everyone is having lunch - do all the busiest attractions...especially if we are not staying on-site. The HRH had a lovely breakfast buffet - very nicely cooked and presented. JessicaR says it's now $50 for 2 adults and 2 children which is quite pricey - but I gather from Spidey that is now the price in all the hotels. Still worth it - don't you think? Once we went early to the parks and had pastries and ice-cream for breakfast - but the kids were hungry again at lunch time and had to then try and find somewhere to lunch - and it was really busy everywhere!!

That's very pricey if you are not a big breakfast eater. We will stick with cereal etc and maybe do it one day.

There is a Cinnabon stand at Citywalk. We went there one morning, but it was busy.

Was that price for Breakfast Buffet at The Kitchen??????? and do they also offer other individual (al la carte????) breakfast items???

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flo

Don't forget you can get packs of breakfast bars I think $50 a day for breakfast is too pricey in fact u could get the free shuttle to wet n wild from the hotels go to Ponderosa next to wet n wild have a buffet breakfast for about $20 per family of 4 then cab back to park abou $5 total bill $25 and a full breakfast buffet
:jester: It shows I'm Scottish :tongue:

Ponderosa is a buffet restaurant $3.99 buffet breakfast $8.99 dinner plus they do 10% off coupons we ate at the one on I-Drive last year next to wet n wild and we thought it was good $35 for a family of 4 meal incl tax tips and drinks(soft) Essmom have u logged on to the I-Trolley site u can request a discount coupon book which has loads of coupons which can be used on I-Drive

How do I find that coupon book? I did a search but no luck. Only thing is we will not have a car so i doubt we'll have much use for it.

Staying at HRH, I drove to the Sandlake McDonalds and back in 15 minutes. The smell makes a good alarm clock.

Thanks motherfletcher but we will not have a car so i am trying to do breakfast in the room.

We usually have cereal, pop tarts and fruit in our room so I just buy milk and we are good to go. Since we always drive down, I also bring a toaster so we can have bagels and the like. We usually have lunch meat along with us as well and will often make sandwiches for lunch before an afternoon at the pool.

That being said, we did go to the character breakfast at Confisco last weekend and really enjoyed it. The character interaction was fun and the buffet food was okay. We did not have a reservation, but were seated within 5 minutes due to showing our room key. Our bill was about $50 for 2 adults and one child. They had already added 15% gratuity and whatever the tax is.

Somewhere to eat, yes, inexpensive, no!!!! But what do you expect for a themepark area. You can eat on site for about $25 for a family of four. But I'm talking juice, coffee, and pastries.

Hi there,

We stayed at HRH this past summer. Loved it. Food was pricey- I usually do the bagel, tea muffin thing in the room as well and save my money for dinner. But we went to breakfast a couple of mornings at Denny's. It was located very close to Hard Rock. I don't know the address but when you exit the Hard Rock entrance you take a right and then at either the first or second light take a left and there will be a set of lights there. Go straight and across the street there is a Denny's on the right side. Enjoy.

For breakfast we usually eat in the room. I bring or buy bagels, little cereal boxes, muffins, etc and then buy milk, juice, fruit, etc. Besides saving money we also save time since while some members of our family are getting dresses, etc, others can be eating. We're not big breakfast eaters (well, my teen son is a big all the time eater) so this works well for us.

I also bring snacks into the park (fruit, granola or Nutri-grain bars, little packs of peanuts, etc) so when the kid-morning munchis hit we can have a snack.

In addition I buy sandwich fixings and snacks so that we can make a sandwich in the room at least once for dinner. At that point we are so tired that we don't mind a quick, no-fuss dinner (and we just want some food to fuel us when we go back into the park for the evening). When we splurge on a nice meal we know that we've saved $ from a lot of the other meals.

Works for us at least. T&B

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter