Breakfast ideas for In-room cooking/dining?

Goldilocks07

A rockin' mom and her sweet princess
We are staying in a studio at BW, and I know there's a microwave, fridge, and coffee maker. I am bringing a mini waffle maker. My daughter doesn't eat normal stuff like yogurt or cereal, so I'm looking for in-room breakfast ideas, for both of us. Has anyone made eggs in the microwave? I've never done this before. Sounds kind of gross to be honest, but I'm totally open to trying it! Any other things you've brought with you to make? Thanks!

Is your mini waffle maker large enough to hold a standard sandwich? A hot pressed sandwich with your choice of fillings would be good. I have made scrambled eggs at home in the microwave, but they have to be stirred unless you are putting a lot of stuff in them. Otherwise they come out a little odd. I usually have bread or bagels with peanut butter and jelly available since there is a toaster in the room, and I do like granola bars, cereal (cold cereal dry or instant oatmeal) and pastries or doughnuts as well.

Yes, I’ve made scrambled eggs in microwave. I add grated cheese. It’s ok. As mentioned you have to stir. My last trip my friend had a mini waffle maker in her room. She made eggs with it. A little oil spray and she put an egg on it. It came out good, and made egg breakfast sandwich with toasted English muffin. You could also use microwave to make oatmeal.

We always bring an electrical kettle to make instant oatmeal. Filling and the kids like to add all kind of toppings.

These are great ideas! I didn't realize there was a toaster. I will bring raisin bread too, which we love with butter. Yum. The mini waffle maker is pretty small, I don't think bread will fit properly, BUT, I love the idea of putting eggs in there! I think that would work too. Thank you for the ideas!

Are you driving. I made these sausage wrapped in crescent rolls prior to leaving for our recent trip. They were just as tasty even cold. We drove so that is something I would take in consideration.

We have a small ceramic egg cooker that I bought at Bed, Bath and Beyond for under $10.00. My son uses it in his dorm room microwave to make eggs all the time.

You can also poach an egg or hard/soft boil an egg in a coffee mug. Just be sure that if you poach an egg that you put a saucer or something over the top of it.

I used to use one of these to make eggs in the microwave at work:

https://www.amazon.com/Nordic-Ware-...pID=31Iyv8U20XL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

They work great! The texture is a little different than eggs made in a pan - be careful not to overcook - but they are tasty and quick!

I have one of these and haven't used real eggs but use eggbeaters in it and it works pretty well. I also just put them in a bowl with a little water and when I stop to stir them add some cheese.

I also have a ceramic egg thingy that I got from Pampered Chef that works really well.

And there is this: https://www.incredibleegg.org/recipe/basic-microwave-scrambled-eggs/

Wow awesome ideas.
No, we aren't driving- or else I'd bring a hot plate or something like that. I think I'll try microwaving the eggs. Maybe I will do it at home first before messing around with it at the resort. And also get the ceramic thingy? I really like the idea of eggs.
I love bacon in the microwave, my daughter, does not.

Thank you all so much!

Wow awesome ideas.
No, we aren't driving- or else I'd bring a hot plate or something like that. I think I'll try microwaving the eggs. Maybe I will do it at home first before messing around with it at the resort. And also get the ceramic thingy? I really like the idea of eggs.
I love bacon in the microwave, my daughter, does not.

Thank you all so much!
Even in studio, I don't think a hot plate would be allowed.

We have scrambled and poached eggs in the microwave. Quick and easy. I do suggest experimenting at home first :-)

Although it can be done in a mug or bowl, the Sistema Easy Eggs makes it easy; we brought one on our most recent trip when we stayed in a DVC studio.

https://sistemaplastics.com/products/microwave/microwave-easy-eggs

Note: the Easy Eggs can also be used to cook other things. e.g. very handy for microwaving tater tots ;-) They have recipes/instructions on the Sistema website. It is part of their microwave-specific line.

SW

I'm also staying at a BWV and plan on getting a ceramic egg thing to do scrambled eggs and toast in the morning. I refuse to microwave bacon in a small studio because the smell with just linger. I love bacon but don't like how it will make the entire room smell like it.

When I'm really on my game for fixing breakfast for work days, I enjoy nothing more than thermos oatmeal. I put about a cup of quick oats (they don't even have to be the instant ones) in the thermos, add some dried fruit and spices (blueberry cardamom is a favorite combo), add boiling water, stir, and close the thermos. About five minutes later, I have super tasty oats without crazy amounts of sugar or sodium. If your daughter doesn't enjoy cereal type stuff, this might not work for you, but thought I would at least mention it. ;)

Note: the Easy Eggs can also be used to cook other things. e.g. very handy for microwaving tater tots ;-) They have recipes/instructions on the Sistema website. It is part of their microwave-specific line.

SW

You just made me VERY happy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter