• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Breakfast for early mornings

Yusani

Mouseketeer
We are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge for the weekend in September and going to Animal Kingdom for a day. Animal Kingdom has extra magic hour starting at 8:00 AM that morning. I'd like to be at the park for rope drop at or before 7:30 AM. However, none of the restaurants at the Lodge appear to be open before 7:00 AM. I was hoping to eat a hearty breakfast at about 6:00 AM. We've run into this problem before at Disney. Not a lot of options for early morning folks who like a big breakfast.

We are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge for the weekend in September and going to Animal Kingdom for a day. Animal Kingdom has extra magic hour starting at 8:00 AM that morning. I'd like to be at the park for rope drop at or before 7:30 AM. However, none of the restaurants at the Lodge appear to be open before 7:00 AM. I was hoping to eat a hearty breakfast at about 6:00 AM. We've run into this problem before at Disney. Not a lot of options for early morning folks who like a big breakfast.
What’s your question?

Awesome! Thanks! Never thought of this!

Since I was just at AKL and happen to have this handy, the in-room dining menu does say you can call ahead to arrange when you'd like dining delivered. I'm not sure if that means you can have something delivered as early as 6AM or what (have not tried), but just FYI!

Image 2018-04-08_19-50-36-069.jpeg

Cracker Barrel opens at 6 a.m. and is about 10 minutes away by car if you are open to off-site.

I would suggest you buy something the day before, like muffins, fruit cup, yogurt to eat in your room for your early morning.
I really wish I could, but I am diabetic and have to stay to about 10g of carbs for breakfast which means I need a mostly protein breakfast. I thought of just bringing some jerky and wait it out till later and get food at the park but that is totally not fun at all.

Since I was just at AKL and happen to have this handy, the in-room dining menu does say you can call ahead to arrange when you'd like dining delivered. I'm not sure if that means you can have something delivered as early as 6AM or what (have not tried), but just FYI!

View attachment 315020
Good to know about the extra costs... the delivery charge and gratuity... does that mean don’t tip whoever drops off the food because the tip is already being calculated into the meal cost?

Good to know about the extra costs... the delivery charge and gratuity... does that mean don’t tip whoever drops off the food because the tip is already being calculated into the meal cost?

Tipping above and beyond the added gratuity is totally at your discretion. We've had very good experiences with in-room dining at WDW - hope this helps with your early morning breakfast!

We do microwave eggs and bacon and throw them on a bagel or bread with cheese for a sandwich they cook in 120 seconds and the bacon microwaves in 90. Super quick and easy

We like to eat a quick breakfast in the room a few times each trip and order from Instacart. My husband eats a very protein heavy breakfast as well. He always orders hard boiled eggs to keep in the fridge to have for those days. Maybe that's an option for you?

We do microwave eggs and bacon and throw them on a bagel or bread with cheese for a sandwich they cook in 120 seconds and the bacon microwaves in 90. Super quick and easy
I have never had a microwave when I've stayed at Disney. I was told I could request one, but it was not guaranteed so I didn't want to pack food and then risk not being able to use it. I've wondered about using the microwaves that they supposedly have on the grounds somewhere though.

We like to eat a quick breakfast in the room a few times each trip and order from Instacart. My husband eats a very protein heavy breakfast as well. He always orders hard boiled eggs to keep in the fridge to have for those days. Maybe that's an option for you?
Yes, hard boiled eggs might be a good option and I will google search Instacart.

I have never had a microwave when I've stayed at Disney. I was told I could request one, but it was not guaranteed so I didn't want to pack food and then risk not being able to use it. I've wondered about using the microwaves that they supposedly have on the grounds somewhere though.

We stay in DVC so we always have access to a microwave and fridge. It is well worth it and we’ve never had any trouble. We also have a coffee maker in our units as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter