• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Breakfast for 2 Adults

scrapgal123

Mouseketeer
We are doing a last minute trip this coming weekend. DH & I would like to do breakfast. Since it’s last minute, any recommendations for trying as a walk-in? We are going to do MK first but it doesn’t matter where we go for breakfast.

We are doing a last minute trip this coming weekend. DH & I would like to do breakfast. Since it’s last minute, any recommendations for trying as a walk-in? We are going to do MK first but it doesn’t matter where we go for breakfast.
What about Kona at the poly or The Wave at CR? The nice thing about the wave is that you can take a short walk over to MK. :) My friend ate breakfast there a few times and said its amazing. Decently priced too.

Easy answer. "The Wave" in the Contemporary. Great breakfast. No characters. More adult atmosphere. Easy walk to the MK when you are done. That would be the number one choice and nothing else is even a close second. (But if I had to pick a second choice, it would be Kona at the Poly.)

Head over to the Polynesian resort and try Kona Cafe. You can hop the monorail if your at Magic Kingdom. I always do walk-ins there with no problem. Its worth the trip for the Tonga Toast, Pineapple macadamia nut pancakes (AMAZING!) and the Kailua pork eggs benedict. I also recommend their Lilikoi juice and their Fresh Kona Coffee Press. Check out my pictures and review here: http://disneymommytips.blogspot.ca/2017/08/day-8.html

You can also try Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom which has a pretty good Breakfast buffet or even Royal Table which we were able to snag last minute by walking up to the check in counter. They were able to fit us in. :thumbsup2

I agree with Kona Cafe - one of our must do's when we are in the World. If you can't get in there, Captain Cooks is good too for a QS.

We had breakfast at the Whispering Canyon Cafe last month as a walk-in. Service and food were excellent. I'd also vote for the Tonga Toast at Captain Cook's.

Head over to the Polynesian resort and try Kona Cafe. You can hop the monorail if your at Magic Kingdom. I always do walk-ins there with no problem. Its worth the trip for the Tonga Toast, Pineapple macadamia nut pancakes (AMAZING!) and the Kailua pork eggs benedict. I also recommend their Lilikoi juice and their Fresh Kona Coffee Press. Check out my pictures and review here: http://disneymommytips.blogspot.ca/2017/08/day-8.html

You can also try Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom which has a pretty good Breakfast buffet or even Royal Table which we were able to snag last minute by walking up to the check in counter. They were able to fit us in. :thumbsup2
Quick question about the pancakes - were there macadamia nuts in the pancake batter? Also, your picture looks like it might only be 2 pancakes, but I couldn't 100% tell. I know that the nuts used to be in the batter and that you used to get 3 pancakes. I'm just wondering if it's another instance of Disney decreasing the quality/quantity while they keep raising their prices. If so, I may have to cancel my ADR. I sure hope I'm wrong!

I will get on The Wave band wagon. Usually easy to score. Has a buffet OR a menu option. Reasonably priced for Disney and the food is REALLY good.
Bonus is that it's walking distance to MK after.

I say The Wave as well. Not only is it a real hidden gem food wise, it's also really calm and quiet in there. Kona is also quite good, but a lot noisier given it's not closed off from the common area of the lobby. Either one of those two should be good for a walk up and both in close proximity to MK.

Quick question about the pancakes - were there macadamia nuts in the pancake batter? Also, your picture looks like it might only be 2 pancakes, but I couldn't 100% tell. I know that the nuts used to be in the batter and that you used to get 3 pancakes. I'm just wondering if it's another instance of Disney decreasing the quality/quantity while they keep raising their prices. If so, I may have to cancel my ADR. I sure hope I'm wrong!
Honestly, I cannot remember if there were 2 or 3 pancakes. I just know that we all had trouble finishing our plates. The pancakes were huge! They look small because of the angle but they are seriously big. The macadamia nuts are in the batter. Then its topped with macadamia nut butter and pineapple. I did go back last Febuary and we shared the same plate and there was plenty for both us.

Last edited:
Thanks! That's exactly the report I was hoping to hear!!

Trail's End at Fort Wilderness is also an option. Plus, if you go there on a Saturday or Sunday it is a brunch. So, all of the breakfast items and the addition of fried chicken, chili, mashed potatoes and some other items. It also goes later into the day, with seatings up until 2:00 pm. It is (IMHO) very reasonably priced for a Disney buffet that includes 'lunch' items.

Another strong recommendation for The Wave. I LOVE the buffet - it always has a great mixture of traditional and unique offerings. One of the cheaper buffets, quiet and relaxed atmosphere, delicious food....love it! (Conversely, I can't recommend Kona. Some of the offerings are good, but I find it overpriced for what it is and have had consistently poor service. If you really want the Tonga Toast, head downstairs to Captain Cooks.) My second choice would be Trail's End, but it's not as convenient as walking to/from the Contemporary.

Grand Floridian Café is always our pick. Beautiful atmosphere and the breakfast is always great. The vanilla laced French toast or eggs are always my picks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter