Breakfast Buffets - is a late time bad?

CeruleanMoon

Mouseketeer
We have a reservation for breakfast at Boma at 10:15 am. I chose a later time because that is supposed to be our "relax and sleep in" day. I'm having some minor concerns though. If we get there at 10:15 and then aren't seated until even later (which I hear is normal at Disney restaurants?) then the buffet could be gearing down, leaving us with a small window to grab food before it gets taken away. Does food run out at buffets? Do they keep putting food out right up until the very end?

If we were to get seated right at 10:15 that seems like plenty of time, but I'm just not sure what to expect. I'm picturing a wait time before being seated, possible lines for food, etc. Then again, maybe late mornings are actually less crowded?

What are late morning breakfast buffets like?

My wife and I like to take the last breakfast ADRs when it fits into our schedule (either as an early mid-day break or when we want a late start to our day) as well as last ADRs of the night. When we get these times we are usually one of the last tables to leave. We have never had an issue with the buffets running out of any item. In our experiences the kitchen will bring out fresh platters as long as there are still guests eating. By the time you are finishing your first plate, the restaurant will have emptied quite a bit and will be much less chaotic. We have NEVER been rushed to leave before either, regardless if it is at a buffet or a Signature.

Just sit back, relax, and enjoy your breakfast at your own pace.

Thanks guys! That's great to hear. I'm really looking forward to trying Boma. I just wanted to make sure my expectations were set accordingly.

It's fine. On one trip, we went to Captain's Grill for breakfast. We had a 10:00ish ADR and they sat us way past that time and the first thing the waiter said was that the full buffet was available for us.

We did Boma this past May on our way out after check out so around 10:30. We had no problem with food running out or crowds. It was delicious!

We had a 10:00 breakfast at Boma in March, and the food was piled high and delicious the whole time we were there.

Boma's breakfast was my second-favorite meal at WDW*, and one of my favorite breakfasts ever. The bobotie and jungle juice alone are worth the price of admission. They have standard breakfast food as well, but I'd definitely encourage you to make the most of what makes Boma special.

Have a magical trip!

* My wife and I had dinner at V&A, which was the best meal I've ever had, period. It's almost unfair to judge other WDW restaurants against that!

I can't wait! I've heard so many great things about Boma. My husband and son are not adventurous eaters, so I liked that Boma had variety so they could pick and choose what to try.

I had a late brunch at the Wave in July and they said (and did) the same--kept it full and fresh until all diners were done. As long as you're in the door during brunch hours, I guess... It's good to know this might be a policy across restaurants.

We've done late breakfasts at Crystal Palace & Chef Mickey's & it's always been fresh & never rushed. It wasn't crowded at all either. I prefer the later time over the earliest time actually.

We have a reservation for breakfast at Boma at 10:15 am. I chose a later time because that is supposed to be our "relax and sleep in" day. I'm having some minor concerns though. If we get there at 10:15 and then aren't seated until even later (which I hear is normal at Disney restaurants?) then the buffet could be gearing down, leaving us with a small window to grab food before it gets taken away. Does food run out at buffets? Do they keep putting food out right up until the very end?

If we were to get seated right at 10:15 that seems like plenty of time, but I'm just not sure what to expect. I'm picturing a wait time before being seated, possible lines for food, etc. Then again, maybe late mornings are actually less crowded?

What are late morning breakfast buffets like?
Late morning breakfasts are great. You'll get your money's worth. We typically have a late breakfast and a dinner as our only 2 meals per day at WDW.

Late breakfasts are also good for park touring, as you can go into them after finishing early morning touring, right when the crowds are starting to pick up.

Last edited:
Late morning breakfasts are great. You'll get your money's worth. We typically have a late breakfast and a dinner as our only 2 meals per day at WDW..

I was thinking of doing something like this and having just two bigger meals that day instead of three regular ones. I actually have a BOG reservation for 5:15 that night, but I'm thinking of canceling. I like the idea of just hanging at the resort that day and having no obligations to go anywhere. Seems like there's so much to do at AKL that I doubt we'd be bored!

I loved a late Boma breakfast ressie. Was very relaxing lingering over an extra cup of coffee knowing people aren't waiting anxiously for you to leave so they could sit down! lol. Food was plentiful and fresh. They had some amazing French Toast with some kind of sauce that I had to had 3 helpings of!

We used to time buffets so that it switched over to lunch; show up, eat some breakfast food, and then dive into the lunch portions. Back in the day Hollywood and Vine used to have one station of breakfast and one of lunch. It was fantastic lol

I loved a late Boma breakfast ressie. Was very relaxing lingering over an extra cup of coffee knowing people aren't waiting anxiously for you to leave so they could sit down! lol. Food was plentiful and fresh. They had some amazing French Toast with some kind of sauce that I had to had 3 helpings of!

Thanks for posting this. We have a 10:55 AM ADR at Boma after EMH at Animal Kingdom and I was a little bit concerned.

We have a 10:20 reservation at the Crystal Palace so I was concerned that we would have enough time to eat breakfast before they stopped putting food out and started getting ready for lunch.

Too bad Boma isn't open for lunch! I would love to sample a bit of their non-breakfast foods, but not quite enough to make a whole separate dinner reservation for it.

Anyone have any experience of late breakfasts at Akershus? We have a 10:45 reservation next Wednesday. I know this one is a little different as they bring out hot plates with eggs, sausage and hash browns.

The Banana's Foster sauce? Both the French Toast and Bread pudding is incredible!

Anyone have any experience of late breakfasts at Akershus? We have a 10:45 reservation next Wednesday. I know this one is a little different as they bring out hot plates with eggs, sausage and hash browns.
Same deal that others have talked about. Food is fresh until all guests are gone.

We always try to book the last breakfast seating at Tusker house because my kids love the breakfast and I love the lunch so we get the best of both!! not a problem at all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter