• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Breakfast at Boma: what do I NEED to try?

BelleF

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!! It’s going to be our first time having breakfast at Boma. I’m very excit bc I read very good reviews and AKL is my favorite hotel on property (would looooove to stay there, but for now breakfast will do).
Although I love eating, at buffets I usually feel full before having tried half of what I wanted to try, so what is it that I can’t miss @ Boma??

Hi everyone!! It’s going to be our first time having breakfast at Boma. I’m very excit bc I read very good reviews and AKL is my favorite hotel on property (would looooove to stay there, but for now breakfast will do).
Although I love eating, at buffets I usually feel full before having tried half of what I wanted to try, so what is it that I can’t miss @ Boma??
It's a buffet - try everything.

I have only had dinner there but on one YouTube video they were showing bobotie (hope I spelled that close to right) withc breakfast and at dinner its incredible.

The French Toast Bread Pudding with the Pecan Praline Sauce!!! I also love the fruit that is in some sort of cream. Try the Bobotie and other African foods. And the juice. Love Boma!!

Bread pudding. I made the mistake of trying it once I was way too full and omg I could have eaten a whole plate of it. They switch up their carved meats but the corned beef with a sweet & spicy mustard was great when we were there. The plantains were exceptional as was the asparagus. Don't waste your time on scrambled eggs and the cold pastries, go straight for the good stuff :) And POG juice of course.

Last edited:

Bread pudding. I made the mistake of trying it once I was way too full and omg I could have eaten a whole plate of it. They switch up their carved meats but the corned beef with a sweet & spicy mustard was great when we were there. The plantains were exceptional as was the asparagus. Don't waste your time on scrambled eggs and the cold pastries, go straight for the good stuff :) And POG juice of course.

I would try a little of everything that you haven't seen before. Don't even start with anything you could get at any other restaurant until you've tried everything else. Also - beware of filling up on POG juice.

But...the chakalaka (Spicey stewed tomatoes, served near the outstanding grilled asparagus and tomatoes) is the world’s best scrambled egg topping :goodvibes

I finally convinced DS to try the chakalaka on his eggs last week (he’s normally a ketchup only guy)... he went back for 2nds.

And to the already excellent suggestions I would add the tater tots. I don't know why they taste so dang good there, but they just do.

another vote for everything.

I wish Disney could think of a better layout because you wait forever at the beginning of the line the 2 times I have been there

Bobtie and bread pudding. I almost ate myself sick on bread pudding. It's almost as good as Ohana.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter