• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Breakfast and EMH

ashley0139

DIS Veteran
I've seen on some trip reports that people are given a specific time for breakfast when breakfast is included at the onsite hotels. How does that work? When do you get assigned a time? Do you have to go at that time? If I want to eat breakfast at 7am so that I can be at the parks for 8am EMH, can I make that happen?

And speaking of EMH, what attractions are usually open? I'm not really into character meets, so I'd like to use the time to get on rides that may get busy later.

I really appreciate everyone on this board's helpfulness and friendliness!

Last edited:
I've seen on some trip reports that people are given a specific time for breakfast when breakfast is included at the onsite hotels. How does that work? When do you get assigned a time? Do you have to go at that time? If I want to eat breakfast at 7am so that I can be at the parks for 8am EMH, can I make that happen?

The hotels do this so they space out people, so that the breakfast room is not swamped or overloaded. When you check in you will be given timeslot coupons. You can ask for 7am but you may not get that time. Dont worry though, just take whatever times you are given. Alot of the time they are not very strict, so just go to breakfast at 7am. You might be let in straight away or you might have to wait a few minutes.

In Santa Fe you get your food and then find a table so it can be quiet chaotic. At Sequoia Lodge a CM will bring you to a table and then you get your food.

And speaking of EMH, what attractions are usually open? I'm not really into character meets, so I'd like to use the time to get on rides that may get busy later.

I dont do character meets either :) The first thing I do in EMH is take photos of an empty Main Street and The Castle. You will get amazing photos with no people in the back grounds. Also on Main Street, look out for the transportation vehicles. This is a fun way to get to The Castle. One morning I got a ride in a fire department vehicle :)

Fantasy Land and Discovery Land are open during EMH but not all rides or shops. I took amazing photos of an empty Fantasyland, other side of The Castle.

When I was there in February 2016 the following rides were open in Fantasyland
The Carousel
Dumbo
Teacups
Pineochio

When I was there in February 2016 the following rides were open in Discoveryland
Buzz
Orbitron
Space Mountain

They have a rope closing off the lands not open in EMH. At 10 am, when the gates open for general public, the ropes are dropped in the closed lands. This means that anyone in the park during EMH can be first on a ride while the general public are rushing down Main Street :)

One my first EMH at about 9.45am I went over to Adventureland entrance beside Pirates. I was in the front of the first boat , basically the first person on Pirates that morning :)

On my second EMH, I lined up at Autopia in Discoveryland at 9.45am. At 10 , when the ride opened, I was in the first rotation of cars. When I came out, I saw the wait time was already up to 40 minutes, at 10.15 am!!

Another thing I did during EMH was pin trading with the CM's in the shops in Fantasyland and Discoveryland

The hotels do this so they space out people, so that the breakfast room is not swamped or overloaded. When you check in you will be given timeslot coupons. You can ask for 7am but you may not get that time. Dont worry though, just take whatever times you are given. Alot of the time they are not very strict, so just go to breakfast at 7am. You might be let in straight away or you might have to wait a few minutes.

In Santa Fe you get your food and then find a table so it can be quiet chaotic. At Sequoia Lodge a CM will bring you to a table and then you get your food.

I dont do character meets either :) The first thing I do in EMH is take photos of an empty Main Street and The Castle. You will get amazing photos with no people in the back grounds. Also on Main Street, look out for the transportation vehicles. This is a fun way to get to The Castle. One morning I got a ride in a fire department vehicle :)

Fantasy Land and Discovery Land are open during EMH but not all rides or shops. I took amazing photos of an empty Fantasyland, other side of The Castle.

When I was there in February 2016 the following rides were open in Fantasyland
The Carousel
Dumbo
Teacups
Pineochio

When I was there in February 2016 the following rides were open in Discoveryland
Buzz
Orbitron
Space Mountain

They have a rope closing off the lands not open in EMH. At 10 am, when the gates open for general public, the ropes are dropped in the closed lands. This means that anyone in the park during EMH can be first on a ride while the general public are rushing down Main Street :)

One my first EMH at about 9.45am I went over to Adventureland entrance beside Pirates. I was in the front of the first boat , basically the first person on Pirates that morning :)

On my second EMH, I lined up at Autopia in Discoveryland at 9.45am. At 10 , when the ride opened, I was in the first rotation of cars. When I came out, I saw the wait time was already up to 40 minutes, at 10.15 am!!

Another thing I did during EMH was pin trading with the CM's in the shops in Fantasyland and Discoveryland

Thank you!! There is no way to choose your breakfast time ahead of time, right? The biggest reason I am staying on site is because of EMH, so I definitely don't want to miss it. I'd rather miss breakfast (although I'd sure like to do both!).

After EMH, which rides in DL get the longest lines? I can be prepared to go to those first when they open up.

Thank you!! There is no way to choose your breakfast time ahead of time, right? The biggest reason I am staying on site is because of EMH, so I definitely don't want to miss it. I'd rather miss breakfast (although I'd sure like to do both!).

Yes you choose your breakfast times when you check in. You will be given coupons for every day of your visit in one go.

After EMH, which rides in DL get the longest lines? I can be prepared to go to those first when they open up.

Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Autopia.

We've never shown up at the correct time and always been seated ok in Hotel New York, so don't think you need to worry.

I love EMH too for the photos of an empty park :thumbsup2

We've never shown up at the correct time and always been seated ok in Hotel New York, so don't think you need to worry.

I love EMH too for the photos of an empty park :thumbsup2

Great. I am looking forward to seeing an empty park as well! When I go to Disneyland I never get there early enough because I live an hour away and don't stay onsite.

What time should I aim to get to the gates if I want to be close-ish to the front for EMH?

What time should I aim to get to the gates if I want to be close-ish to the front for EMH?

honestly its faaar more relaxed than the American parks. Im a regular visitor to Disneyland California, next visit June 2016 :) In February 2016, I wandered in at about 8.10am and while the lines were big (well EMH big) for the characters in the plaza area, Main street and Fantasyland were almost empty. Its only around 9am that EMH starts filling up. You will walk on rides between 8am and about 8.45am.

If you get to the gate at 7.55 am, just a few minutes before they open you will be fine. Most people there that early will be there to get in line for the characters, so there will be very few actually heading into the park, down Main Street to the Castle

honestly its faaar more relaxed than the American parks. Im a regular visitor to Disneyland California, next visit June 2016 :) In February 2016, I wandered in at about 8.10am and while the lines were big (well EMH big) for the characters in the plaza area, Main street and Fantasyland were almost empty. Its only around 9am that EMH starts filling up. You will walk on rides between 8am and about 8.45am.

If you get to the gate at 7.55 am, just a few minutes before they open you will be fine. Most people there that early will be there to get in line for the characters, so there will be very few actually heading into the park, down Main Street to the Castle

This is great news for me. Thanks!

Hi ashley0139, I think I read in one of your post about the lack of buttons at DLP (I hope it was you:o) anyway I just read on FB that they have finally introduce them here as well:flower1: hth

Hi ashley0139, I think I read in one of your post about the lack of buttons at DLP (I hope it was you:o) anyway I just read on FB that they have finally introduce them here as well:flower1: hth

Do you mean the I'm Celebrating buttons? It wasn't me who posted about it, but thanks for the update. :)

Do you mean the I'm Celebrating buttons? It wasn't me who posted about it, but thanks for the update. :)
yeah, them... must be someone else then:headache: remember reading about it and I think it was someone else form america as well... oh well maybe they can read it here or I will find it at some point...

On our last trip at Christmas in New York we chose a 10.30 breakfast, headed to EMH for 8 did all of the rides a few times then took a slow walk back to the hotel for a leisurely brunch. This did us until teatime so saved on money for lunches! I've been in all seasons and sometimes EMH can change to the studios rather than the main park if there's an event on or at Christmas when it was super busy. This was fab, we took advantage and rode Crush & Ratatoille 3 times each before 9am!

What characters are people so excited about? Are the lines really big the rest of the day for those characters?

The characters used to be in the hotels during breakfast but last year they stopped that and moved them to Main Street during EMH. Thats why people line up for meets at that time. For the last while I have seen reports of Chip and Dale, Mickey and Minnie, Goofy and Pluto doing the meets during EMH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter