• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Brace your wallets: Disneyland ticket/MK prices went up.

Foxhound3857

Mischief Managed
https://www.ocregister.com/2023/10/...aily-admission-tickets-and-all-annual-passes/

You can read all about it here, but the price changes have already been reflected on their Magic Key page.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/magic-key/#drawer-card-imagine-key-pass

New Key prices:
---
Inspire: $1,649
Believe: $1,249
Enchant: $849
Imagine: $499

Still yet to actually go back on sale, but just looking at those prices I'm already turned away from both Enchant and Believe, as both have a significantly tighter calendar for the year of 2024 and they both took the biggest price hike, a staggering $150 more for both of them.

At this point it really is all or nothing for me; either go for the budget Imagine and have a weekday at Disneyland every 2 months, or go all out for the Inspire key and go whenever I feel like it. IMO, Inspire is a better deal than Believe now, considering the difference in blackout days and the added perks you get, especially the free parking and merch discounts.

https://www.ocregister.com/2023/10/...aily-admission-tickets-and-all-annual-passes/

You can read all about it here, but the price changes have already been reflected on their Magic Key page.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/magic-key/#drawer-card-imagine-key-pass

New Key prices:
---
Inspire: $1,649
Believe: $1,249
Enchant: $849
Imagine: $499

Still yet to actually go back on sale, but just looking at those prices I'm already turned away from both Enchant and Believe, as both have a significantly tighter calendar for the year of 2024 and they both took the biggest price hike, a staggering $150 more for both of them.

At this point it really is all or nothing for me; either go for the budget Imagine and have a weekday at Disneyland every 2 months, or go all out for the Inspire key and go whenever I feel like it. IMO, Inspire is a better deal than Believe now, considering the difference in blackout days and the added perks you get, especially the free parking and merch discounts.
Inspire is a much, MUCH better value than Believe. With all the block-outs now on Believe it’s just a terrible value at that price point.

Inspire is a much, MUCH better value than Believe. With all the block-outs now on Believe it’s just a terrible value at that price point.

Now that they've already rolled out the price changes, do you think there's a fair chance we'll see Key sales resume in November, or is it for sure not happening until 2024 at the earliest?

Has anyone calculated how many more blockout dates Believe has? We are newer Enchant key holders and I was contemplating a slight upgrade to Believe to have fewer blockout dates.

Has anyone calculated how many more blockout dates Believe has? We are newer Enchant key holders and I was contemplating a slight upgrade to Believe to have fewer blockout dates.
I have not counted but I feel like it has doubled in the last two years (or maybe more than doubled). Believe used to have only some holidays and the weeks around Christmas blocked out.

Your main benefit of upgrading to Believe is being able to go in the summer (outside of the newly blocked summer Saturdays).

Now that they've already rolled out the price changes, do you think there's a fair chance we'll see Key sales resume in November, or is it for sure not happening until 2024 at the earliest?
Honestly nobody knows. But I would be kind of surprised if they went on sale before the end of the year. Maybe after January 7. But you never know because if Disney needs fast money opening up Magic Key sales is a sure way to get it.

sales will probably resume for a limited time once enough people don’t renew. Disneyland probably will not increase the total number of APs in circulation to balance with out of town visitors

Agreed. For heavy users of Disneyland the Inspire Key offers incredible value.

I wonder if Believe will now be the one that doesn't sell out for a while. Inspire wasn't such a great value for the cost, but now with Believe's price and blackout hike the Inspire key is looking mighty appealing.

Enchant still isn't bad, but more than a 20% increase in price does stand out compared to Imagine.

sales will probably resume for a limited time once enough people don’t renew. Disneyland probably will not increase the total number of APs in circulation to balance with out of town visitors

My sister and BIL have both yet to renew; I think their renewal window may have expired at this point. They weren't sure about the value they were getting out of their keys, which were Believe at the time. I doubt they'll want to renew for that tier now.

Really, seems to me like the only winning play now is to either go cheap with Imagine, or go all in with Inspire. The other two just don't seem worth it anymore.

And knowing Disney, that may very well be by design, possibly might even be their way of phasing Enchant/Believe out of circulation.

My sister and BIL have both yet to renew; I think their renewal window may have expired at this point. They weren't sure about the value they were getting out of their keys, which were Believe at the time. I doubt they'll want to renew for that tier now.

Really, seems to me like the only winning play now is to either go cheap with Imagine, or go all in with Inspire. The other two just don't seem worth it anymore.

And knowing Disney, that may very well be by design, possibly might even be their way of phasing Enchant/Believe out of circulation.
Yup. Disney wants to push people toward the very bottom or highest tier. The Imagine keeps the locals out on busy seasons and weekends. Inspire squeezes the most money out of the frequent visitor. Makes sense to me.

I'm starting to get the feeling Believe or Enchant won't be offered for purchase next availability date. I feel like they want to phase them out.

Inspire for non locals or locals and Imagine for locals.

When I was bored last night, I went through the Believe and Enchant calendars and counted non-blockout dates. I didn't have a key until earlier this year so I don't how much either have been reduced from previous years. We had been looking at upgrading to Believe but the low number of Saturdays available may push us to Inspire.

Believe
25 Saturdays
43 Sundays
307 days total

Enchant
24 Sundays
216 days total

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter