Boys/Teens...dress shoes vs sneakers?

P.S. Have you read the Love and Logic (by Jim Fay) parenting books where you teach your children to make their own decisions, mistakes and live with the consequences in life, so that they learn to be responsible adults?

Different kid personalities, different parent personalities, different locales, different ages and stages = different decisions. Chances are excellent that the vast majority of the children whose parents frequent this site will turn out, in all due time, to be well-mannered adults and responsible citizens, with each of us helping them toward that goal in a variety of ways that fit our particular family and community. I certainly hope that for everyone here, happy cruise memories have been/will be a part of that formation :D

SraRaton

Great post!

It doesn't matter how good your childrens schools are or how well travelled the are, regardless of their age you are the parent, they are the child, and they are to obey your guidelines or suffer the appropriate consequences.

And yes, I've "been there". I have a 17 year old DS who dresses in the appropriate manner that the situation dictates, even if he'd be "more comfortable" in something else. He does so because he was raised to understand that there are times that one must dress in a particular way, end of story.

:)

Anne

Crap!! I was so busy looking for people wearing tank tops and shorts to mock that I totally forgot about their feet.

Thanks for the heads up guys!!

Don't worry Ripleysmom....
Just follow the smoke.
Looking at the timber of some of these posts people will be burnt at the stake as they enter Palo.
Or is that a medium well steak at Palo? ;)
Think I may just use some black Kiwi polish on my feet and wear black sandals. Don't think anyone will really notice. :jester:
Cheers,
Grumbo

The only time I notice a persons footwear is when they pull their foot out of their mouth while talking to me.

It never fails to amaze me how these threads on formal cruisewear turn into "let me show you why you are raising your children wrong"

I would never buy my son a stiff new pair of "dress shoes" for him to wear one time and toss in the closet. I fail to see how my courteous, kind, thoughtful, and hard working young son wearing a casual pair of clean shoes shows anybody what a bad parent I am. Good grief.

It never fails to amaze me how these threads on formal cruisewear turn into "let me show you why you are raising your children wrong"

ROTFL ~ Love it! Made my Monday!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Amen, Y2L!! And please don't sneak a peek at my feet when I'm in formalwear...they are clad in my ever present Birkies. I do, however, try to match the color to my gown. :)

Originally posted by FleurdeLise
Does the ship rent shoes also?
:rolleyes: :D

If you rent a tux, you can rent the matching shoes as well.
Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter