boy character meal petition

tinkerbela

Disney fan since birth. Loves things all Tinker Be
all summer long, i have been running a campaign to get more character meals for the boys in WDW. wouldn't it be nice to have breakfast with the cast from "Aladdin," lunch with the cast from "Toy Story" and dinner with the cast from "The Jungle Book?" i would love this very much. if you're interested in having this experience as well, please sign my petition. you can go to the following website:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/wdw929/petition.html

thank you for your time. please sign up today!!!!

I wrote a letter to Guest Services last year full of complimentary things about WDW. Because I said "The only thing I would add to WDW is a Toy Story Character Meal for boys", WDW Legal sent my letter back to me. So I was hoping a petition might work better.

Would you mind if I posted a link to your petition on another message board I frequent?

:) Michele

Originally posted by mom2cinderella
[B

Would you mind if I posted a link to your petition on another message board I frequent?

:) Michele [/B]

sure!! the more, the merrier!! the more signatures we get, the more we can convince Disney how serious we are about having boy themed character meals. if anyone else wants to post the link to other boards that they frequent, be my guest. thank you for your support!!!::yes::

aren't mickey, donald, goofy, pluto, etc all "boy" characters? aren't those character meals "boy" character meals? is this in response to the princess meals?

is this in response to the princess meals?

It is for me. The girls get CRT, PSB, 1900 Park Fare (evening meal). Mickey, Donald and Goofy, etc. are boy characters, but I think of those meals as unisex. I'd like just one meal that was totally geared to boys (and no, I wouldn't care if girls wanted to go to it also). A villains theme, Toy Story, Peter Pan, I don't care, just one meal that would really appeal to my son (and maybe dh :rolleyes: ) .

I signed too, even tho my son is past the age where character meals are a big deal. He would have LOVED an Aladdin meal - They used to have the Soundstage at MGM, which had a whole caravan of characters that was great.

I always thought Toy Story would be a huge money maker.

For me, it's not a sexist issue at all. It's just appealing to different demographics. Here's this group of fans that's being left out - not fair to the fans & a huge missed money-making opportunity.

Thanks for getting this started. I have thought about this for so long, but never had the will to get anything started. You rock!!!::MinnieMo

OMG if my grandson could have breakfast with Buzz he would be in WDW heaven. He will be ok with Mickey, Pluto, Tigger etc. But BUZZ would make his day. I'm signing!

Originally posted by gigi1313
aren't mickey, donald, goofy, pluto, etc all "boy" characters? aren't those character meals "boy" character meals? is this in response to the princess meals?

yeah, mickey, donald, goofy, pluto, etc are geared for boys but how many times can a boy have meals with them? wouldn't they like a variety in characters? wouldn't it be nice to take your DS to have lunch with Peter Pan and the gang? that's what i'm going for here with the petition. sign up today guys!!

I do feel they let the boys down when it comes to character meals. Why don't they do the "sound stage meal" that was at MGM again. Boys are just importment to see there favorite character at a meal too. Disney might be surprise how many families would show up at this kind of meal. The Hollywood and Vine at MGM would be a perfect place.

Originally posted by tinkerbela
yeah, mickey, donald, goofy, pluto, etc are geared for boys but how many times can a boy have meals with them? wouldn't they like a variety in characters? wouldn't it be nice to take your DS to have lunch with Peter Pan and the gang? that's what i'm going for here with the petition. sign up today guys!!

Yea, I think the thing with the original characters is that younger fans don't see them enough or feel the same kind of connection that they do with the "movie stars" of the DVDs they watch. And I agree that all the Princess meals seem a bit unbalanced. Why can't they just mix it up more, put both boy and girl characters at the same meal. It's closed now, I think, but the Soundstage at MGM had Aladin, Pocahontas, Hunchback characters (all of the most recent movies at that time), and it appealed to everyone.

I think the thing with the original characters is that younger fans don't see them enough or feel the same kind of connection that they do with the "movie stars" of the DVDs they watch.

That's a good point, and especially true with my son.

Tinkerbela, have you thought about posting this on the family forum here?

From what I have read in the past, the more this is suggested, the less likely it will happen. the reason being they are afraid of being sued for stealing someone's idea (as they have had many suits like that filed against them).

Originally posted by mom2cinderella

Tinkerbela, have you thought about posting this on the family forum here?

do you think i should? would that get me more signatures?

Can't hurt! Some people (like me) check out a bunch of the different forums everyday. But I think quite a few people stick to just one or two forums mainly. BTW the two boards I've posted the link on are very enthusiastic about your petition!

I know WDW is funny about getting suggestions, but if enough people complain certainly they'll have to at least consider it. At least I hope so!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter