• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bounceback offer vs Disney promo??

MamaMouse0920

Mouseketeer
My husband and I are doing a kid-free trip (coinciding with a work conference that I am attending- score!) in Feb 2024, and want to take the kids later in the fall for our annual family trip. I've never booked a bounceback (or never received a discount, I should say) but am wondering how good of a deal/discount is it?? Would I be better off waiting til spring/early summer or whenever Disney announces the latest deal for fall/winter? I know nothing is guaranteed...... but I also want to save as much $$$ obviously!

I'd love to hear all your thoughts/opinions/advice.

Thanks DIS fam!!!

The bounceback offer is pretty good if you can get what you want for your dates. It's a 35% discount for deluxe, 30% for moderates, and 25% for values. Unless you are an AP, room discounts don't normally go much lower than this. For moderates and values, this is a very good discount. They are not usually discounted that much. If you know when you might want to return, you should book the BB. If a better offer comes out and it matches what you want and when you plan on going, you can always call to see if you can book the better offer, it's kind of a win-win situation. Your best bet is to book the BB - and if the resort you want is not available, still book something, you can call back to check if anything else opens up, and you can change your dates. You only have 7 days from departure to book something, keep that in mind, also, you may or may not get the information in your room about the BB. That doesn't matter, you can still call to book it (you can't do it online).

The bounceback offer is pretty good if you can get what you want for your dates. It's a 35% discount for deluxe, 30% for moderates, and 25% for values. Unless you are an AP, room discounts don't normally go much lower than this. For moderates and values, this is a very good discount. They are not usually discounted that much. If you know when you might want to return, you should book the BB. If a better offer comes out and it matches what you want and when you plan on going, you can always call to see if you can book the better offer, it's kind of a win-win situation. Your best bet is to book the BB - and if the resort you want is not available, still book something, you can call back to check if anything else opens up, and you can change your dates. You only have 7 days from departure to book something, keep that in mind, also, you may or may not get the information in your room about the BB. That doesn't matter, you can still call to book it (you can't do it online).
This is SUPER helpful information, thanks so much!!! I did not realize about needing to call in instead of online, I've never booked via phone- so thank you so much for letting me know!! I will definitely be booking via Bounceback and then checking for promos between then and the next trip :)

I am attaching a photo I took of the BounceBack flyer at the beginning of November 2023.

Note that the Bounceback offer is only good for certain dates.

Attachments

• Bounceback flyer 2 Nov 2 2023.jpg
    Bounceback flyer 2 Nov 2 2023.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 58

We have a bounceback rate for POFQ for March and when the AP discounts came out for the same period, I checked. The bounceback is the same discount as the AP discount.

One thing to be careful of--when you book the bounceback (and, yes, you have to do this over the phone, and any changes have to be made over the phone as well), make sure that they book the correct type of reservation.

For example, we booked a room-only reservation and until I stared at the reservation confirmation email, we didn't realize that they'd booked a ticketless package instead. Does this make any difference? Yes, it does. The payment and cancellation schedules are very different. So we had to call back and have them reissue the reservation.

Some of the phone CMs are more familiar with this stuff than others.

But . . . I would definitely book the bounceback. The worst that could happen is that you'd end up canceling it. The best? You'd have a great rate for your future stay.

We have a bounceback rate for POFQ for March and when the AP discounts came out for the same period, I checked. The bounceback is the same discount as the AP discount.

One thing to be careful of--when you book the bounceback (and, yes, you have to do this over the phone, and any changes have to be made over the phone as well), make sure that they book the correct type of reservation.

For example, we booked a room-only reservation and until I stared at the reservation confirmation email, we didn't realize that they'd booked a ticketless package instead. Does this make any difference? Yes, it does. The payment and cancellation schedules are very different. So we had to call back and have them reissue the reservation.
For some reason they are pushing the ticketless package. They will have to tell you what your deposit is. If it isn't the price of one night's stay, and instead it is $200, you are booking a package.

Hopping in here with a question about bounceback...

Are these offered only until the end of 2023? Or will I be able to book a bounceback offer for Summer 2024 when I go in January?

Cheers!

I don’t think it’s been published when the BB offer ends. I couldn’t find anything stating the date it concludes, if there is one. If it is still offered, then yes, you should be able to book for summer 2024 as long as you call within 7 days of departure and the dates you want are available and included. @Best Aunt posted a photo of the offer above that shows what dates are part of the promotion.

Hopping in here with a question about bounceback...

Are these offered only until the end of 2023? Or will I be able to book a bounceback offer for Summer 2024 when I go in January?

Cheers!

In the “before” days of free dining, the room bounceback continued until sometime in August, when the room discount would be replaced with a free dining offer for the following year. That would be offered til sometime in October, when a room discount for the following year would replace it. That offer would continue til the following August & the cycle repeated. There were bounceback offers way before free dining. I remember seeing them, but I don’t remember the specifics. Of course, no one knows what will happen now or when the offer will change. But i think it’s a good bet this room discount will continue at least until 2025 room rates are released, more likely late summer. It really is anyone’s guess tho what the next offer will be or when it will change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter