Bounceback Information and FAQ Thread - 25-35% off BOUNCEBACKS ARE BACK for 2024/2025!

We recently booked a bounce back offer. I declined any tickets, dining, etc, but in looking at my reservation I was given a “basic” package and NOT a “room only” reservation, which is what I thought I was booking. Can someone tell me the differences between the basic and room only? Is it too late to call and change since the 7 days are well past?
The same thing happened to us and we called back and they changed it (and apologized, since we asked for room-only from the get-go). However, this was within the 7-day window. I'd still try and call them if I were you, since the room-only reservation terms are far superior to the package terms.

From the mousesavers website:

Rules for Disney World Room Only Reservations​

Room only reservations offer better terms for cancellation and payment dates than vacation packages booked through the Walt Disney Travel Company (WDTC). When booking a room only reservation, you are subject to very few restrictions:

• You must pay the first night’s room rate as a deposit within 3 days of reserving your room. (Except when booking online at DisneyWorld.com, in which case the deposit is required at time of booking.)
  • Final payment of the remainder is due at check-in. (Except when booking online at DisneyWorld.com, in which case full payment is required if reserving within 30 days of arrival.)
  • You can change or cancel your reservation without penalty up until 5 days prior to check-in. (6 days for online bookings.)
  • The cancellation penalty for cancelling less than 5 days from check-in is the first night’s room rate. A no-show is considered a cancellation and has the same penalty.
  • Beware – Disney’s phone agents may try to sell you a “basic package” when you want to book a room only reservation. A “basic package” is just a room and some trinkets (a few coupons and a luggage tag per person). It is subject to the more stringent vacation package rules (see below for rules).
  • To reserve a Walt Disney World “room only” reservation, first check the online travel agencies to see if they have any specials or coupons that could save you extra money. Be sure to look carefully at the cancellation and deposit policies before booking. If you don’t see anything that works for you, you can contact a full-service travel agent who specializes in Disney travel, call the Disney Reservations Center at (407) 939-5277, or book online at DisneyWorld.com (bearing in mind the less-advantageous deposit/payment rules for online payment).

Rules for Disney World Vacation Packages​

When booking a vacation package through the Walt Disney Travel Company (WDTC), the rules are listed below.

• You must pay a $200 deposit within 3 days of reserving your package. (Except when booking online at DisneyWorld.com, in which case the deposit is required at time of booking.)
  • Final payment of the entire remainder is due 30 days prior to check-in. You have to pay in full right away if you are booking 30 days in advance or less.
  • You can change or cancel your reservation without penalty up until 30 days in advance. Cancellations made 29 days to 2 days prior to arrival have a cancellation fee of $200 per package, but if reservations are cancelled 1 day prior to arrival or later, the full package price is non-refundable. You’ll also lose any nonrefundable elements, such as travel insurance and airfare — see below. No-shows will not receive any refund.
  • After you’ve made final payment, any changes, such as applying a discount code, changing number of days and/or changing to a different resort, are subject to a $50 change fee and a $15 processing fee. Technically this is due whether the final cost is lower or higher, but if you’re changing to a higher-priced package, they will generally waive the change fees.
  • Beware – when booking over the phone, WDTC has been known to quote packages with travel insurance included by default. If you don’t want Disney’s insurance, confirm that it’s not included when making the reservation. The insurance becomes non-refundable 14 days after purchase, so if it’s added to your package accidentally you have very little time to remove it and get your money back. You can add the insurance later if you wish, up until your final payment is due. You can also buy travel insurance directly which will almost always be cheaper and offer better coverage. When booking online, adding insurance requires an additional confirmation, so it’s not likely to get added accidentally.
  • Airfare added to your reservation is also nonrefundable. It’s hardly ever a good deal, either. We strongly advise booking airfare separately. Visit the Airfares page for hints on how to save on airfare!

The same thing happened to us and we called back and they changed it (and apologized, since we asked for room-only from the get-go). However, this was within the 7-day window. I'd still try and call them if I were you, since the room-only reservation terms are far superior to the package terms.

Room only reservations offer better terms for cancellation and payment dates than vacation packages booked through the Walt Disney Travel Company (WDTC). When booking a room only reservation, you are subject to very few restrictions:

• You must pay the first night’s room rate as a deposit within 3 days of reserving your room. (Except when booking online at DisneyWorld.com, in which case the deposit is required at time of booking.)
  • Final payment of the remainder is due at check-in. (Except when booking online at DisneyWorld.com, in which case full payment is required if reserving within 30 days of arrival.)
  • You can change or cancel your reservation without penalty up until 5 days prior to check-in. (6 days for online bookings.)
  • The cancellation penalty for cancelling less than 5 days from check-in is the first night’s room rate. A no-show is considered a cancellation and has the same penalty.
  • Beware – Disney’s phone agents may try to sell you a “basic package” when you want to book a room only reservation. A “basic package” is just a room and some trinkets (a few coupons and a luggage tag per person). It is subject to the more stringent vacation package rules (see below for rules).
  • To reserve a Walt Disney World “room only” reservation, first check the online travel agencies to see if they have any specials or coupons that could save you extra money. Be sure to look carefully at the cancellation and deposit policies before booking. If you don’t see anything that works for you, you can contact a full-service travel agent who specializes in Disney travel, call the Disney Reservations Center at (407) 939-5277, or book online at DisneyWorld.com (bearing in mind the less-advantageous deposit/payment rules for online payment).

When booking a vacation package through the Walt Disney Travel Company (WDTC), the rules are listed below.

• You must pay a $200 deposit within 3 days of reserving your package. (Except when booking online at DisneyWorld.com, in which case the deposit is required at time of booking.)
  • Final payment of the entire remainder is due 30 days prior to check-in. You have to pay in full right away if you are booking 30 days in advance or less.
  • You can change or cancel your reservation without penalty up until 30 days in advance. Cancellations made 29 days to 2 days prior to arrival have a cancellation fee of $200 per package, but if reservations are cancelled 1 day prior to arrival or later, the full package price is non-refundable. You’ll also lose any nonrefundable elements, such as travel insurance and airfare — see below. No-shows will not receive any refund.
  • After you’ve made final payment, any changes, such as applying a discount code, changing number of days and/or changing to a different resort, are subject to a $50 change fee and a $15 processing fee. Technically this is due whether the final cost is lower or higher, but if you’re changing to a higher-priced package, they will generally waive the change fees.
  • Beware – when booking over the phone, WDTC has been known to quote packages with travel insurance included by default. If you don’t want Disney’s insurance, confirm that it’s not included when making the reservation. The insurance becomes non-refundable 14 days after purchase, so if it’s added to your package accidentally you have very little time to remove it and get your money back. You can add the insurance later if you wish, up until your final payment is due. You can also buy travel insurance directly which will almost always be cheaper and offer better coverage. When booking online, adding insurance requires an additional confirmation, so it’s not likely to get added accidentally.
  • Airfare added to your reservation is also nonrefundable. It’s hardly ever a good deal, either. We strongly advise booking airfare separately. Visit the Airfares page for hints on how to save on airfare!
This is a great post. I've been on dozens of Disney World trips and never knew all of these details about cancelling. Thanks.

I booked a Bounceback a few weeks ago. I've never done it before because in the past you had to do it during the trip and I never wanted to bother. In this case, the dates were perfect and the 35% discount made for a nice price. I did not realize that booking as a room only reservation was an option. My salesperson was pushy. We aren't sure we want to go to the parks on this particular trip but she pushed hard for tickets. I finally got her to remove them but still ended up with a ticketless package. She made it sound like it was the only option and I didn't know differently. I know that the $200 deposit sounds preferable to $700+ (one night plus tax), but I like the overall terms of the room only reservation much better. I especially don't like paying thousands at 30 days out and having the prospect of losing it all if something goes wrong on travel day or the day before.

I'm assuming it's too late to make the change from package to room only while preserving the room rate. It's been almost three weeks since I booked. Thinking about just cancelling and hoping for a general discount when the time comes but 35% seems like a longshot.

My sales person also pushed very, very hard for the trip insurance, which I found annoying, but now I see the merit given the terms of a package. Definitely wishing I had a room only reservation without trip insurance.

This is a great post. I've been on dozens of Disney World trips and never knew all of these details about cancelling. Thanks.

I booked a Bounceback a few weeks ago. I've never done it before because in the past you had to do it during the trip and I never wanted to bother. In this case, the dates were perfect and the 35% discount made for a nice price. I did not realize that booking as a room only reservation was an option. My salesperson was pushy. We aren't sure we want to go to the parks on this particular trip but she pushed hard for tickets. I finally got her to remove them but still ended up with a ticketless package. She made it sound like it was the only option and I didn't know differently. I know that the $200 deposit sounds preferable to $700+ (one night plus tax), but I like the overall terms of the room only reservation much better. I especially don't like paying thousands at 30 days out and having the prospect of losing it all if something goes wrong on travel day or the day before.

I'm assuming it's too late to make the change from package to room only while preserving the room rate. It's been almost three weeks since I booked. Thinking about just cancelling and hoping for a general discount when the time comes but 35% seems like a longshot.

My sales person also pushed very, very hard for the trip insurance, which I found annoying, but now I see the merit given the terms of a package. Definitely wishing I had a room only reservation without trip insurance.
I would call and give it a try. The worst they can say is no, but maybe they'll change it for you. After all, you do have the reservation. If you do call, let us know how it works out.

Great post. It should help a lot of Disney Travelers!

When booking a Bounceback offer do all your nights stay have to be included in the dates specified or is it just the first night?

Don't cancel the reservation. It is a great deal and pretty hard to get a 35% discount with a general public discount. Just call Disney reservations and try to change it to a room only reservation. You have nothing to lose. :)

When booking a Bounceback offer do all your nights stay have to be included in the dates specified or is it just the first night?
You can book a reservation that includes dates that are outside of the offer, but those dates will be at full price. :)

We recently booked a bounce back offer. I declined any tickets, dining, etc, but in looking at my reservation I was given a “basic” package and NOT a “room only” reservation, which is what I thought I was booking. Can someone tell me the differences between the basic and room only? Is it too late to call and change since the 7 days are well past?
Yeah they tried to do that to me too. I caught it when they asked for a $200 deposit. I knew my first night should be a little more than that, so I reiterated I wanted a room only with first night deposit, not a ticket less package. She had to "check and see", but then gave it to me.

I’m sure it’s already been said some where but if the dates I would like aren’t available yet can I book with my offer and then move the trip and still get the %off?

I’m sure it’s already been said some where but if the dates I would like aren’t available yet can I book with my offer and then move the trip and still get the %off?
Sorry, what do you mean by 'not available yet'? All of the available for this BounceBack offer are listed in the offer. If what you want is not listed in the offer than those dates are not eligible to be booked as a BounceBack.

I don't think so. You are unable to modify the reservation online, you would have to call. All of the available dates go through 2024, so if your dates aren't available, then the discount won't apply.
The cast member I spoke with told me I could call to modify my reservation (potentially add or subtract a day due to flights) and still have the discount, but the day I would add is listed as an available date.

I don't think so. You are unable to modify the reservation online, you would have to call. All of the available dates go through 2024, so if your dates aren't available, then the discount won't apply.
The cast member I spoke with told me I could call to modify my reservation (potentially add or subtract a day due to flights) and still have the discount, but the day I would add is listed as an available date.
Thank you. That’s a bummer. After going in September we don’t want to go this time of year again 🔥🔥 so are wanting to plan winter but not the holidays.

Had the same thing happen as others. Booked a bounceback for May, and was given a ticketless package. Spent quite a while on the phone, and was trying to get out to the parks, so didn't want to waste anymore time arguing. At the time, I thought whatever, it's a cheaper deposit, but I hadn't thought about the cancellation rules, and the money being due 30 days out.

I will be calling in the next day or two to attempt to change to a room only booking. Will report back if I am successful or not.

Do the bounce back offers apply to other good neighbor hotels such at the Hilton and the Drury Plaza? or is it specifically Disney resorts only?

Do the bounce back offers apply to other good neighbor hotels such at the Hilton and the Drury Plaza? or is it specifically Disney resorts only?

Only registered guests of Disney owned resorts are eligible to book a bounceback, during their stay or within 7 days of check out. Disney is offering a reward for staying at their hotels in the form of a future discount. If you stay at a Hilton, you’re eligible for Hilton rewards & promos, not Disney’s.

Last edited:
Got home on Friday from a trip, so I called tonight to book the Bounceback. I was interested in 2 dates and the CM was great about checking options for me. I thought I was pretty clear upfront and told her that I wanted room only and not a ticketless package. She acknowledged, asked about the trip insurance (which I declined) but she wasn’t pushy about it. When we got to the final stages of booking, she mentioned the tell tale sign of a $200 deposit. I told her no, I didn’t want a package and she stated that this wasn’t a package. When I pushed further, she said she needed to put me on hold and check and to “re-do everything”. She was also pushy at this point about how the ticketless package was better. I held firm, lol!

She wasn’t rude but her friendliness level dropped by a significant amount. After a hold of about 15 minutes, she came back and had switched everything over to room only. I honestly don’t care about a bit of coolness from a CM, but I felt it was a little dishonest when I told her what I wanted up front (and even explained that I know I’ll be paying a higher deposit). It may have been a simple oversight or lack of understanding but reading through this thread, they are pushing the packages (maybe for incentives).

At any rate, stand your ground when you want a room only! I was prepared to hang up and call back for a different CM, but glad that it didn’t come to that. Just wanted to share my experience. Good luck!

When I returned from my early August trip, I had already booked a CL room at Coronado. I called for the Bounceback offer and had the CM look for any CL room and was told none were available for our dates. I switched to a regular BW room just to save a few bucks. I called a few times since then to see if any CL rooms had opened with no luck. Today, I saw a Tower Club Suite at Coronado (my original room) with the AP rate, so I called and said I would like to modify my room to the suite or cancel it, and then I would book the AP rate myself. She put me on hold then came back and stated she could make the change for me as a BB offer. The AP price for the Tower Club Suite currently online for Coronado is only a 10% discount, but my total was closer to the 30% BB discount. It might be worth it to see if a CL room is available at a discount price then call to see if it can be modified as your BB.

I just returned from a weekend staying at Gran Destino. I have booked bounce backs in the past and have already had my travel agent book 2 stays off of this bounce back. We really wanted to book WL for next July, but she couldn’t find any availability in June or July. Has anyone had any luck with booking WL for next summer off of this offer?

Also, I was just reading over the first post on this thread. There was mention of possibly being able to book for other family members from my offer. My whole family is planning to go with us next summer (14 total). We would need 4 rooms. Does anyone know if I can book for them? I always assumed I had to be on the reservation to make that work, but after reading the first post, I’m wondering if that isn’t necessarily the case. Can anyone speak to that?

I just returned from a weekend staying at Gran Destino. I have booked bounce backs in the past and have already had my travel agent book 2 stays off of this bounce back. We really wanted to book WL for next July, but she couldn’t find any availability in June or July. Has anyone had any luck with booking WL for next summer off of this offer?

Also, I was just reading over the first post on this thread. There was mention of possibly being able to book for other family members from my offer. My whole family is planning to go with us next summer (14 total). We would need 4 rooms. Does anyone know if I can book for them? I always assumed I had to be on the reservation to make that work, but after reading the first post, I’m wondering if that isn’t necessarily the case. Can anyone speak to that?
OP here. Before 2020 and the hiatus of bouncebacks, you could book up to 3 rooms total, as long as YOU were traveling and the dates and resorts coincided (i.e., same resorts and same dates). If you canceled, then the offer would not apply to anyone else because you are the one bouncing back.

Since this offer restarted last month, we have not had anyone yet call to see if they can book more than one room. If you call, please post about what you find out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter