• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bounceback Information and FAQ Thread - 25-35% off BOUNCEBACKS ARE BACK for 2024/2025!

Just joined this thread. I’ve read the bounce back offer on the first post. Does anyone know if all of the deluxe resorts are in the 35% off category, all moderates 30%, and values 25%? With typical public discounts some resorts are discounted at a lesser rate due to popularity I guess.
This is a great question, and as far as we know, it's an all or nothing. Say you are looking to book a deluxe, it would be 35%, not tired by resort, but like any Disney offer, they are not including all the room types in all resorts, etc.

A good example of that is above; YC CL WV was not available to be booked with this discount (it is available to be booked without a discount though) by one of our seasoned DISers.

If we hear anything different from those booking, I'll update the OP to reflect it.

This is a great question, and as far as we know, it's an all or nothing. Say you are looking to book a deluxe, it would be 35%, not tired by resort, but like any Disney offer, they are not including all the room types in all resorts, etc.

A good example of that is above; YC CL WV was not available to be booked with this discount (it is available to be booked without a discount though) by one of our seasoned DISers.

If we hear anything different from those booking, I'll update the OP to reflect it.
It could be too that the room of their choice was just not available for their dates.

Unless exclusions are listed in the offer it’s worth asking for hat you want then having Plan B and Plan C options.

Tried to book a bounceback for Caribbean Beach. Tried multiple weeks (4 different weeks) spanning from July 13-August 10th 2024. No standard, water view, or preferred rooms were available. Only one of the weeks had a king room (sorry don’t remember which week it was as those rooms are too small for my family size). I called two different days and the inventory was the same. The representative did think it was odd that all room categories were unavailable for multiple weeks as this resort was definitely listed as included in the offer. The representative could also see that these categories were available to book without a discount. I have booked bounceback offers numerous times in the past and I never had a problem booking a particular resort before. Sometimes I would have to book a different room category than I had originally wanted but at least the resort was available to book. This time there were no rooms at all (for a family size of 4/5) to book via the bounceback offer for those 4 weeks. I did have no problem booking Riverside though (woods view 5th sleeper).

Thank you! I may take a short trip just to book something for next summer, but I want to have an idea of what kind of savings I will get if I do that. I’m leaning towards a deluxe in the Epcot area. We have stayed at BC, but not Yacht or Boardwalk. We also love WL and would go back there too.

Tried to book a bounceback for Caribbean Beach. Tried multiple weeks (4 different weeks) spanning from July 13-August 10th 2024. No standard, water view, or preferred rooms were available. Only one of the weeks had a king room (sorry don’t remember which week it was as those rooms are too small for my family size). I called two different days and the inventory was the same. The representative did think it was odd that all room categories were unavailable for multiple weeks as this resort was definitely listed as included in the offer. The representative could also see that these categories were available to book without a discount. I have booked bounceback offers numerous times in the past and I never had a problem booking a particular resort before. Sometimes I would have to book a different room category than I had originally wanted but at least the resort was available to book. This time there were no rooms at all (for a family size of 4/5) to book via the bounceback offer for those 4 weeks. I did have no problem booking Riverside though (woods view 5th sleeper).
Maybe call back and see if the person can get a supervisor to approve booking a room? Can't hurt to ask!

It could be too that the room of their choice was just not available for their dates.

Unless exclusions are listed in the offer it’s worth asking for hat you want then having Plan B and Plan C options.
True, if the room is not available *at all* even at rack rate, it definitely will NOT be available with a discount. But, just because a room is available at rack rate, it does not mean it will be available with this discount; we've already seen a few reports of rooms available at rack rate but not with a this (or other) discounts.

Thank you! I may take a short trip just to book something for next summer, but I want to have an idea of what kind of savings I will get if I do that. I’m leaning towards a deluxe in the Epcot area. We have stayed at BC, but not Yacht or Boardwalk. We also love WL and would go back there too.
Having multiple options in mind, like you do, does help the CMs looking for availability! FWIW, I have stayed at all 3 (YC, BC and BWI) and at WL, and have enjoyed my stays at all 4 of them!

The woman we talked to heavily pushed insurance multiple times during the call. You are coming from Ohio in the winter after all etc etc etc. it was the one thing that really annoyed me about having to call.
Mine did too and I just thought it was odd. They also tried to give mena package when I specifically stated we wanted room only as we'd be getting our military tix elsewhere. I only noticed when she read off the cancelation and deposit amount. Serms they're really trying to upsell (they also asked multiple times to add memory maker etc.)

Mine did too and I just thought it was odd. They also tried to give mena package when I specifically stated we wanted room only as we'd be getting our military tix elsewhere. I only noticed when she read off the cancelation and deposit amount. Serms they're really trying to upsell (they also asked multiple times to add memory maker etc.)

Yes she pushed dining plan (wastes money for us) and memory maker which we do get. I agree they must be told to try to sell all things that can be added to a package. She also tried to sell the most expensive room category. I haven’t booked by phone in so long that I wonder if that is how they always are for phone bookings. The insurance thing annoyed me a lot because she was very pushy for that

We ran into a similar issue when booking. Also a military fam and plan to buy my tickets on base. We've always done room only, no package, with the first night paid in full as a deposit. The CM we worked with for the BB said we only had the option for the room only basic package, which meant different cancelation rules, different balance payment rules, and only the $200 deposit. Were you able to book not as a package?

We ran into a similar issue when booking. Also a military fam and plan to buy my tickets on base. We've always done room only, no package, with the first night paid in full as a deposit. The CM we worked with for the BB said we only had the option for the room only basic package, which meant different cancelation rules, different balance payment rules, and only the $200 deposit. Were you able to book not as a package?
I was wondering about this with the BB offer...

I have an AP, and when going through a Travel Agent, usually get a Basic Package so we can add things later. And yes, I do remember having to pay in full by 45 days (I think) and think that the cancelation rules were different, but don't remember now what they were.

So now, I guess if an AP offer comes out for the dates of my trip for next year, before my Dec trip, I'll just book that instead. Takes the pressure off since I'm thinking we might end up at SWOLPHIN resort for one or both of the next trips, since the savings are pretty substantial.

I didn’t realize that BB offers had to be basic packages. I much prefer the regular room-only with a five day cancellation policy.
We prefer this as well. We will wait and see what other discounts are offered and potentially switch if they offer the regular room only at a similar discount :)

The CM we worked with for the BB said we only had the option for the room only basic package, which meant different cancelation rules, different balance payment rules, and only the $200 deposit.

😳. 🤬. That’s a bald faced lie that you were told. My CM pushed the package too, but I was insistent on room only (we have APs). Told him we don’t need tickets or the “magical extras” that come with a package because our AP benefits are better.

The BB does not have to be a package of any kind. I booked room only as did other posters here.
Can you tell us your cancellation policy and when you need to pay in full? I'm sure you can book a room only, but can you cancel after 45 days like a real room only booking?

That would be really great if that is the case.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter