Bounceback for September 2024

RD-SOX

Hockey Mom
We were at WL in July, we took advantage of the bounceback offer and booked Sept 2024 at BC. September is actually one of the few months we have never been to WDW. I understand the crowds are low, but wondering about the weather, is it still super hot, fortunately we don't mind the heat as we usually go in July. What happens if a hurricane comes through. We are pretty hardy people from New England and rain doesn't bother us but experiencing a hurricane is WDW may not be on my bucket list.

September is pretty much just as hot and humid as August. As far as hurricanes, well, it depends on the hurricane, because each one is different! As a result, Disney's response can vary a great deal, but they will do their best to take care of their guests and their CMs as well. To see what the variations have been you might search these boards for the names of some, such as Hurricane Ian, in the titles of threads.

It's probably also wise to purchase trip insurance when visiting WDW during hurricane season, and know what the cancellation/refund policy is for all reservations (airline, hotel, rental car), keeping in mind that when a hurricane threatens the Orlando area, those policies might be modified.

You can also get an idea of what might happen by following the responses by Disney, airlines, hotels, etc. to Hurricane Hilary on the west coast.

September is still hot and also the peak of our Hurricane season. As someone suggested, get travel insurance for your trip.

We have often gone in September and "just missed" a hurricane 2-3 times. That's not to say they shouldn't be taken very seriously...we just haven't experienced it. It is still very warm...generally less so as the month goes on. It's our favorite time of year to go (fall) as it prolongs our summer. We are from the Northeast as well, and we are just never ready for that first frost! Oh, Elsa, must you??

I wouldn’t worry about hurricanes too much - chance that one actually coincides with your dates is still low. We’ve done many trips from the northeast during hurricane season and deep winter late January into February. It can be a little nerve racking when big storms are in the outlook. Who wants their flights disrupted or park days affected. We’ve had many scares but luckily never impacted.

We were at WL in July, we took advantage of the bounceback offer and booked Sept 2024 at BC. September is actually one of the few months we have never been to WDW. I understand the crowds are low, but wondering about the weather, is it still super hot, fortunately we don't mind the heat as we usually go in July. What happens if a hurricane comes through. We are pretty hardy people from New England and rain doesn't bother us but experiencing a hurricane is WDW may not be on my bucket list.
I can confirm… just as bloomin hot!🥵
But more magical because less crowds!🌺

We are booked for Sept 14-21 in 2024 and are hoping for it to be a bit cooler than our normal Summer trips and at least sunset will be about an hour earlier. The best weather we have ever had was on our Dec 6- 15 Honeymoon.

I concur with PP, September is still really hot and humid and definitely not fall inspiring temps. Crowds are better but it's hurricane time. It's more likely you'll have tropical disturbance weather, maybe a washout of a night than a full on hurricane. And when there have been hurricanes at disney, the disney resorts do a great job of taking care of their guests with food options, entertainment and activities. I've been at Disney for several tropical storms and they've never ruined our vacation. I'd never say never but the odds of being there during a hurricane are usually pretty low. I'd rather be at a disney resort for a hurricane than at my own home. But if you'll be flying and doing anything else, you may want to look at trip insurance. I don't know what Disney's policy is for weather cancellations.

I went Sept 2-9 one year and swore I’d never go back in September. It was brutally hot and humid every day. I have learned to go in fall/winter instead 🤣. The crowds were very low, though in Sept! So that was a great bonus.

We are booked for Sept 14-21 in 2024 and are hoping for it to be a bit cooler than our normal Summer trips and at least sunset will be about an hour earlier. The best weather we have ever had was on our Dec 6- 15 Honeymoon.
You can hope, but the heat & humidity will likely still be brutal, so be prepared. The inevitable afternoon rains just serve to make it steamy not offer relief.

You can hope, but the heat & humidity will likely still be brutal, so be prepared. The inevitable afternoon rains just serve to make it steamy not offer relief.
Yea hoping LOL. We come from the Midwest where it gets hot and super humid during the Summer but by mid Sept we have relief from the heat and humidity. It would be nice if FL would cooperate as well.

Im
Yea hoping LOL. We come from the Midwest where it gets hot and super humid during the Summer but by mid Sept we have relief from the heat and humidity. It would be nice if FL would cooperate as well.
I also live in the Midwest - we are disgustingly hot and humid right now (hotter and more humid than Orlando), and I’m the Disney expert in my family and am generally pleaded with to plan and to go on trips with my extended family. My brother’s family are in the farming industry, and it has worked out well for them the last three years to travel the week after Labor Day. It has been brutal, even into the evening. I used to live in Orlando, and I’d forgotten how it felt like walking into a brick wall when you step out of the a/c. DS and I tend to go in Jan, Mar, May, Dec - those are highly preferable, but I can’t convince my nephew to try any of those because the crowds have been really good that week in September.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter