BOULDER RIDGE VILLAS & COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS: Wilderness Lodge DVC Expansion Thread

Are the hot tubs staying open? We are heading there December 6th for a week and hoping they will be open.

The Hot Tub at the Sliver Springs Pool will remain open.
The Hot Tub at the Hidden Springs Pool is closed.

IMG_4273.jpg
IMG_4273.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looking forward to your update…and photos;)

Please see my reply below. WL-FW has the best jogging, IMHO. It's scenic, partly shaded and you can get a pretty good run in without going in circles.

joggingmap.preview.jpg

That's correct that the path along Bay Lake is closed, but the concrete path remains open. While the sandy path is very scenic and serene, they don't spray for bugs over there so it gets VERY buggy, whereas the concrete path is fairly bug-free, but has the occasional woodland varmint;)

OPEN path starting near the bus stop:

9f6a5cba-b635-46c8-be9b-d0bd105dd290.jpg

It's actually about that far from WL and then around FW. It's less than half that distance from the start of the paved path to the end of it when you reach the stables at FW. After the path ends, you have to run on some wood chips past the ponies and cross over at the bus stop to the sidewalk and then run around FW.

Oh, the memories of DS doing his XC training on the loop every morning of our 8 day trip... 60-90 min run 10-15 miles/day...in JULY! ::yes:: He said it was a pretty good path.

A look back at the plans...

http://i235.*************************************Resorts/SM/Disney_Wilderness_Lodge_DVC_Exp_Vert_1000.png

http://i235.*************************************Resorts/SM/Disney_Wilderness_Lodge_DVC_Exp_Cabins1000.png

http://i235.*************************************Resorts/SM/Disney_Wilderness_Lodge_DVC_Exp_PoolArea1000.png

Last edited:

Newest update was that they were pumping the water out of the pool yesterday.
:thumbsup2

Oh, the memories of DS doing his XC training on the loop every morning of our 8 day trip... 60-90 min run 10-15 miles/day...in JULY! ::yes:: He said it was a pretty good path.
I remember when you stayed CL and you mentioned that he would have to run long distances everyday. Is he still running XC in college?

Hey guys! Just wondering if anyone has been in CL lately and if so... Are there any new food offerings you could tell me about? Thank you!!!

5 DAYS till we're at our Happy Place!!!!

The pool removal is the only construction going on and there was no work over the weekend.

Signs that tell you when the next bus is expected. They were there in mid-October when we were staying there, but they're not all that accurate, IMO.
What we found is that they never come sooner than the posted time. The arrival time would keep bumping out when a bus was running late, but they were 5-8 minutes late at worst.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter