BOULDER RIDGE VILLAS & COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS: Wilderness Lodge DVC Expansion Thread

Hope you hear something soon branv! I am worried about having nothing to choose from at 7month mark if we dont get to move earlier :( Good luck!!!!

From what I have heard, this will only be happening to people booked from Oct to possibly Jan. That's when the tearing up of the pool will be happening (i.e., the most noise, jackhammers, etc.).

@oceanmarina construction starts Oct 26.

Thanks a bunch! Last August when we stayed there, they were starting construction on the main pool the week after we left.

I don't know that this is how they're doing it. Our stay is before the PP by a week, with the same agency, and we haven't gotten our change yet. My TA yesterday advised patience because they have so many to do. But I admit, it's hard! Personally I worry about them running out of space or missing us or something, but that's just bc that's the way my year has gone so far ;)

Hang tight, mine was not updated this morning but I just checked again and it now says GF! :yay: YAY!! Now all I need is for the reservation I am looking for to open up and I can quit stressing.

Ok guys, I am checking in Sept 30 staying 4 nights. I just received the letter in the mail today about construction. We have a 1 bedroom deluxe booked Club level. Do you know if we would qualify for the $100 per night construction discount or not? Thanks for any help!!

Ok guys, I am checking in Sept 30 staying 4 nights. I just received the letter in the mail today about construction. We have a 1 bedroom deluxe booked Club level. Do you know if we would qualify for the $100 per night construction discount or not? Thanks for any help!!
Probably not - I believe it is only in effect from pool closure date forward and that's late October. You will still have the amenities and probably not as much of the construction stuff. ETA - Post 1 has all the information.

Update on current construction and SFWMD permits:

Disney's "Wilderness Rehab" SWFMD permit status was updated this week. Disney filed their response to requests for more information/clarification. Responses are currently under review by the SFWMD and the deadline is 20 AUG.

Screen Shot 2015-07-24 at 5.01.03 PM.png

Response from Disney regarding mitigating impact on wetlands:
Screen Shot 2015-07-24 at 5.13.15 PM.png

Mitigation credits will be purchased:
Screen Shot 2015-07-24 at 5.14.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-07-24 at 5.03.41 PM.png

It doesn't look good for the future of the Bay Lake path (behind Teton Boat and Bike Rental) which is being closed 26 October:
Screen Shot 2015-07-24 at 5.14.03 PM.png

The latest scaffolding/South Wing report is from @xlsm: "There is a small amount of scaffolding up toward the front of the resort." The South Wing ground floor is now partially blocked off by drywall, but the elevators are still available.

Thanks to @xlsm for the following images:
dis3_zpsayqmisc2.jpg

This notice made an appearance in some rooms:
dis5_zpsxqjs5ujt.jpg

We rented DVC points from David's and were set to check in on January 5th through the 12th. I emailed David's last week about my concerns with being there with two small children during construction. About 2 days later David's emailed me back saying that the owner had contacted Guest Services and they were not allowing us to switch resorts or move from the villas into the main lodge, but that she had given them authorization to talk with me regarding compensation such as fast passes. Today, Guest Services called me. I spoke with a very, very nice young lady who asked if we were interested in switching resorts or staying at vwl. I said that I was interested in hearing our options so she put me on hold for only a few minutes. She came back on the line and said that there was availability at Kidani Savannah view at AK or Saratoga Springs. We accepted the Animal Kingdom switch. I casually mentioned the option of getting a few extra fast passes and she said that they were only available for people who chose to stay at the Wilderness Lodge. I said that was fine, I just thought I'd ask. We chatted for a few more minutes, she asked if we had ever stayed at AK before. I told her that this would be our first ever Disney trip and we were coming to celebrate my birthday and were so excited. Then, she said, well, since it's your birthday, I'll give your party each two extra fast passes for one day of your trip. :) I'm bummed about not being at WL and close to MK, but we are planning a ton of resort time into our vacation and the uncertainty of how disruptive the construction at WL will be is just something I don't want to stress about.

Last edited:
I have a question. How amenable to moving resorts do you think WL will be when we get there and all of this is going down? We really want to stay at WL this December. We had a reservation for a rack rate room, and they offered us a $100/night discount--not as good as a move to GF, but we took it. I don't think I will mind a bit of construction, but if I get there and they're jackhammering up the pool all day (first week of December), that may be the line in the sand for me. I'm wondering what Disney's policy is on switching resorts when we get there. If it's just too much for us to bear, how likely is it that will management move us somewhere else?

Last edited:
We got our construction letter in yesterday's mail. We are there for two nights Oct 22-24 in the Villas.

I have a question. How amenable to moving resorts do you think WL will be when we get there and all of this is going down? We really want to stay at WL this December. We had a reservation for a rack rate room, and they offered us a $100/night discount--not as good as a move to GF, but we took it. I don't think I will mind a bit of construction, but if I get there and they're jackhammering up the pool all day (first week of December), that may be the line in the sand for me. I'm wondering what Disney's policy is on switching resorts when we get there. If it's just too much for us to bear, how likely is it that will management move us somewhere else?

At that time of year, I think it would be very hard from them to move you after you arrive. Just my opinion.

I check in late November & got my letter today. No mention of giving me a credit toward room. said to call but wasn't giving out anything just saying what would be closed. As it is I will be canceling not due to construction or anything but trying save as much money so I can treat my grandson & my son and daughter in law to a Disney next September 2016. This will be our last chance to take them as he will start school the following year and we can't do summers.

Hope to swing the Poly as that was my son's favorite after my Mom died in 1994. He also loves the WL but I thought with all what going down with the WL it would be in my interest to change rather to hear her complain lol. They are paying half & we are paying half.

our dates are in April so I guess IF we are to get a call frp, guest services it may be some time before they get to people with later check in dates.... if the call doesnt come before our 7 month mark then we will have to decide to move on our own. the info everyone posts is helpful!

We check in January 30th and got our constructio letter via snail mail today. I'm still curious what accommodations they would make for us this far out or if we'd be better off waiting until special offers are released.

The special offers released for the Fall were extremely limited and pitiful compared to the ones in the past. I wouldn't rely on them going forward. I would definitely try to work something out now, whether it's a discounted room at WL or being moved. I wouldn't expect their "generosity" towards guests to last.

The special offers released for the Fall were extremely limited and pitiful compared to the ones in the past. I wouldn't rely on them going forward. I would definitely try to work something out now, whether it's a discounted room at WL or being moved. I wouldn't expect their "generosity" towards guests to last.
I agree. I called as soon as I heard about the construction and got 30% off my room. If I would have waited I would have either got just $100 night off or the 25% they giving for the public code so I definitely got a better deal.

This was my concern. We were offered the $100 discount, which worked out to be about an 18% savings for our CL room. However, the thought of dealing with major construction had been bothering me and I didn't want to show up, be disappointed, and then ask to switch resorts. Too much time and worry. So we gave up the $100 discount yesterday and switched resorts. GS was like, "you do realize you will be losing the $100 discount per night, right!?" I said, "yep, it's hard, but I want us to be happy..."

So we are back at AKL and WL will have to come another day.

We rented DVC points from David's and were set to check in on January 5th through the 12th. I emailed David's last week about my concerns with being there with two small children during construction. About 2 days later David's emailed me back saying that the owner had contacted Guest Services and they were not allowing us to switch resorts or move from the villas into the main lodge, but that she had given them authorization to talk with me regarding compensation such as fast passes. Today, Guest Services called me. I spoke with a very, very nice young lady who asked if we were interested in switching resorts or staying at vwl. I said that I was interested in hearing our options so she put me on hold for only a few minutes. She came back on the line and said that there was availability at Kidani Savannah view at AK or Saratoga Springs. We accepted the Animal Kingdom switch. I casually mentioned the option of getting a few extra fast passes and she said that they were only available for people who chose to stay at the Wilderness Lodge. I said that was fine, I just thought I'd ask. We chatted for a few more minutes, she asked if we had ever stayed at AK before. I told her that this would be our first ever Disney trip and we were coming to celebrate my birthday and were so excited. Then, she said, well, since it's your birthday, I'll give your party each two extra fast passes for one day of your trip. :) I'm bummed about not being at WL and close to MK, but we are planning a ton of resort time into our vacation and the uncertainty of how disruptive the construction at WL will be is just something I don't want to stress about.

GS CMs have been amazing and really seem to care about their guests. Whoever is over the GS department deserves major props...

Last edited:
This post is pretty harsh. WDWKOOK is the moderator of this and 3 other threads. For that, some respect is in order. There was nothing accusatory stated in Kook's earlier post. If Kook didn't create this thread and dedicate a lot of time to it, we would all be lost re: this construction. Most of us actually have, or have had a trip that would potentially be affected by this construction. That's why we are here, following posts and informing others of our own outcomes in an effort of helping. Nothing malicious is meant by anyone here, especially WDWKOOK.
I'm a little behind here but what?

Nevermind! Just read through... Can't delete from here.

Last edited:
This was my concern. We were offered the $100 discount, which worked out to be about an 18% savings for our CL room. However, the thought of dealing with major construction had been bothering me and I didn't want to show up, be disappointed, and then ask to switch resorts. Too much time and worry. So we gave up the $100 discount yesterday and switched resorts. GS was like, "you do realize you will be losing the $100 discount per night, right!?" I said, "yep, it's hard, but I want us to be happy..."

So we are back at AKL and WL will have to come another day..

Exactly my thoughts last year on the main pool rehab and we were very pleased with AKL. This time we are staying at WL with the FD and $100 offer because there was no availability for our multiple room ressie. I'll be researching options for next time because I doubt I'll want to deal with WL once things get well underway. Really kind of thinking possibly pushing for a cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter