• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boulder Ridge Renovation

BrerRabbit1119

Earning My Ears
Has anyone heard any rumors about when BRV will begin renovation? We have a stay booked in July, but judging by how beat up the rooms are, we are considering trying to swap to Copper Creek at the 7 month window if the renovations aren’t moving along.

I know someone posted a picture a while back peeking into what appeared to be a renovated sample room. Has anyone else seen any more progress on the ground?

We were there 2 weeks ago and our room was two doors down from it. There were a couple of contractors in there working and right before they left were vacuuming the room. Looks like they were getting it cleaned up. I would assume the announcement of the refurb along with pictures will be announced at the owners meeting in December.

This makes me nervous since we are booked here for a week at the end of April. Although I also am not looking forward to beat up rooms. I haven't been to this resort in 5 years but it was my favourite.

My next trip there will be December 2022, I am hoping it will be done by then. (it's our home resort). The delays have been ridiculous and all the posts about the upgraded looks at other DVCs are making me nuts.
I agree. We are just staying at VWL for two nights this December, and hope by next December things will be fixed!!

For a February stay we are in CC, we need more than a two night “fix” in the Lodge! That one’s 6 nights.

We've stayed at CCV many times in the past 15 months (amazing! but not my home resort). I reserved a 1 bedroom at BRV for Dec 26th at 11 month window hoping that renovations would be underway by now. It appears the refurb is not until 2022. my only experience at BRV was with a studio that smelled humid, had green/yellow worn out carpet and definitely needed some love. My family never saw that room bc the very kind mgmt team swapped out for CCV room (this was during the time Wilderness lodge was closed and only DVC was open).

My question is...are the 1 bedrooms at BRV nicer than the studios? Should we expect similar decor?
I want to manage expectations and would appreciate feedback. thx!

Disclaimer: I'm not knocking BRV at all. I want to add points to our existing BRV contract (150) in order to make it our week 52 tradition, but fear my husband might be turned off after having stayed at CCV, VGF, BCV, RIV.

We stayed in a 1BR at Boulder Ridge in August. We had a great location and view (room 4523), but it definitely needed an update. The furniture is showing wear and the decor is a little dated, and yes, it is very similar to a studio in terms of furniture and "look". We still loved it, but a refurbishment is past due.

We stayed in a 1BR at Boulder Ridge in August. We had a great location and view (room 4523), but it definitely needed an update. The furniture is showing wear and the decor is a little dated, and yes, it is very similar to a studio in terms of furniture and "look". We still loved it, but a refurbishment is past due.
thx for the feedback. I think I'll begin explaining to him how dvc refurbs work and also show him pics of the SSR before and after. I really like the Murphy bed concept and hope Disney plans to do something similar at BRV.

thx for the feedback. I think I'll begin explaining to him how dvc refurbs work and also show him pics of the SSR before and after. I really like the Murphy bed concept and hope Disney plans to do something similar at BRV.
Enjoy your trip! And yes, a Murphy bed instead of the pull out sofa would be great!

I do hope they keep the decor a bit more "rustic"--I love BRV while CCV works for those who want a more modern look, there's something to be said for a room that looks like you're in a cabin in the woods. Totally agree a reno is needed because the furniture is getting dinged up, carpet getting stained and worn out etc., but I hope they don't totally change the aesthetic. For example, on the non-DVC side of wilderness lodge, I liked the old carved wood headboards, chip n dale in the bathroom, and funky colorful patters so much more than the beige on beige "theme" they came up with to replace it. The old rooms just felt cozier.

I do hope they keep the decor a bit more "rustic"--I love BRV while CCV works for those who want a more modern look, there's something to be said for a room that looks like you're in a cabin in the woods. Totally agree a reno is needed because the furniture is getting dinged up, carpet getting stained and worn out etc., but I hope they don't totally change the aesthetic. For example, on the non-DVC side of wilderness lodge, I liked the old carved wood headboards, chip n dale in the bathroom, and funky colorful patters so much more than the beige on beige "theme" they came up with to replace it. The old rooms just felt cozier.

This 100%! To me the point of the lodge is to be like staying in a national park. While I understand furniture and carpets and stuff need to be replaced, the style/design of Boulder Ridge is exactly why I want to stay there. Cabinets that look like rustic wood. Even the checkerboard color scheme on the backsplash and bathroom. I love it. I will never stay at Copper Creek, despite being in the main building, because it looks very generic/IKEA like. There is nothing in those room designs that makes me feel like I'm in a national park lodge. I feel like I'm in a basic hotel chain, with a little bit of flair. Same goes for the redone regular resort rooms. I REALLY hope that the renovation for Boulder Ridge doesn't go too far that direction. The sample room and hallway that people posted a while ago were okay. They could have been worse. But still not really to me the core soul of what the resort should be. I was wanting to purchase points at Boulder Ridge, but after my trip in March I will have a wait and see attitude. I suspect a future purchase will not be in the cards following the renovation. And that makes me sad. 😔

This 100%! To me the point of the lodge is to be like staying in a national park. While I understand furniture and carpets and stuff need to be replaced, the style/design of Boulder Ridge is exactly why I want to stay there. Cabinets that look like rustic wood. Even the checkerboard color scheme on the backsplash and bathroom. I love it. I will never stay at Copper Creek, despite being in the main building, because it looks very generic/IKEA like. There is nothing in those room designs that makes me feel like I'm in a national park lodge. I feel like I'm in a basic hotel chain, with a little bit of flair. Same goes for the redone regular resort rooms. I REALLY hope that the renovation for Boulder Ridge doesn't go too far that direction. The sample room and hallway that people posted a while ago were okay. They could have been worse. But still not really to me the core soul of what the resort should be. I was wanting to purchase points at Boulder Ridge, but after my trip in March I will have a wait and see attitude. I suspect a future purchase will not be in the cards following the renovation. And that makes me sad. 😔
I've searched for the sample room you mentioned but can't find it. Can you post a link?

Thank you. It seems everyone is happy with this, but my first impression is not as positive. I can't seem to put my finger on it. Is it that plain table? Is it the dated looking curtains? Or is it that the baby blue couch doesn't match the ottoman at all? I am glad to see the pull-down bed even though we probably won't ever use it. But as far as aesthetics, I'm not a fan.

Thank you. It seems everyone is happy with this, but my first impression is not as positive. I can't seem to put my finger on it. Is it that plain table? Is it the dated looking curtains? Or is it that the baby blue couch doesn't match the ottoman at all? I am glad to see the pull-down bed even though we probably won't ever use it. But as far as aesthetics, I'm not a fan.
I don’t think that is an ottoman. That should be the coffee table that lifts up so you can eat on it while sitting. This is why they do test rooms and get feedback, from the lucky few who stay in them. At least they did at SSR.

Last edited:
I don’t think that is an ottoman. That should be the coffee table that lifts up so you can eat on it while sitting. This is why they do test rooms and get feedback, from the lucky few who stay in them. At least they did at SSR.
Yes, coffee table. Not sure why I called it an ottoman.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter