Boulder Ridge Referb

Does anyone think there is a chance that the refurb *will NOT* be competed by next May? Seems unlikely but I have not tracked previous refurbs.
Well, it's the second smallest resort behind VGC, so it's not going to take anywhere near as long as, say, SSR (which is the largest resort and ten times bigger at 1,320 rooms versus 136). SSR took about 12 months, but they did exterior building repairs as well at all the buildings. Plus, it sounds like they have at least 44 rooms already blocked off (everything down the hallway next to the elevators and ice machines) so that's a huge chunk already underway.

We'll be there in three weeks, in a 2BR, 5th floor requested. Probably very iffy that we'll get a refurbed room. 🤞
We are in 5541, not a refurb’d room but there are refurbs happening on this floor, in west facing rooms. We have a Bay Lake view. Yeah, room is a bit ragged.

We are in 5541, not a refurb’d room but there are refurbs happening on this floor, in west facing rooms. We have a Bay Lake view. Yeah, room is a bit ragged.
That's our favorite room, and the one we always request, LOL. She's getting a bit tired for sure, but it's the best location in the building. (We do our best to treat her nicely when we're there).

Since you are there now can you confirm your room does not have a dormered balcony that has the solid wall? I thought all 5th floor balconies were covered but still had the regular balcony railing. We are hoping to request a 5th floor room for our next trip. That's great that the other side is having construction. Hope it isn't too disruptive. Any sneak peaks?

Since you are there now can you confirm your room does not have a dormered balcony that has the solid wall? I thought all 5th floor balconies were covered but still had the regular balcony railing. We are hoping to request a 5th floor room for our next trip. That's great that the other side is having construction. Hope it isn't too disruptive. Any sneak peaks?
66454374-3F0A-4B6C-81E8-0110E0D40F2D.jpeg

All of the 5th floor rooms have the shed roofs over the balconies with an open railing on 3 sides.

Last edited:
Regular railing, yes. See pic. Haven’t had any sneak peaks at in progress construction. 19F5F689-1D49-4E8C-932B-35682BB800B4.jpeg

i thought it was Copper Creek that had the floor with solid balconies. We had it once a few years ago there.

View attachment 718314

All of the 5th floor rooms have the shed roofs over the balconies with an open railing on 3 sides.

i thought it was Copper Creek that had the floor with solid balconies. We had it once a few years ago there.

There are a few 5th floor rooms at VWL (aka BRV) that have solid walls. They are in the atrium section of the building. These pics were taken from 5524 - a 1BR. The studio next to it was the same and I think that it is the same on the opposite side of the building.

CCV also has solid walled balconies in greater number. I've had one of those as well.

p1157479602-4.jpg

p1157479816-4.jpg

There are a few 5th floor rooms at VWL (aka BRV) that have solid walls. They are in the atrium section of the building. These pics were taken from 5524 - a 1BR. The studio next to it was the same and I think that it is the same on the opposite side of the building.

CCV also has solid walled balconies in greater number. I've had one of those as well.

p1157479602-4.jpg

p1157479816-4.jpg
I knew I had seen some somewhere, but couldn't find a pic. Every pic I found was of CCV.

Just booked BR for 5 n next summer (over July 4th). Haven't stayed there since 2007 (which was before the LAST refurb)!! Hoping all of it will be done by end of June. I read somewhere it was expected to be completed by spring? Bonus for us is they appear to be installing the new Murphy beds instead of the sleep sofas as we do studios... Fingers crossed - looking forward to re-visiting the property!!

Any update on the progress of the refurb? We are going in Aug and really hoping the construction is completed by then!

It seems that the 5th floor will have pull outs instead of Murphy beds. While the pullouts are new and comfy now based on the quality I don’t think they will be for long. The memory foam mattresses in the pullouts from years ago were so much more comfortable than these new ones.

It’s based on the room layout though.
I do not believe all the areas of the rooms on the 5th floor have the slanted ceiling. And as KAT4DISNEY said, the 5th floor room shown in the photo did not have a slanted ceiling, either. So no obstruction for a Murphy if they had wanted to use one in the room. No one (except the designers) knows why some rooms are getting the Murphy beds and some sleep sofas. Not to start a rumor and I have no knowledge of this, but perhaps there is a shortage of Murphy beds and that is why the renovations at the Beach Club stopped? Maybe they were too far along at BR to stop so they used pull outs instead???

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter