Boulder Ridge Referb

I guess your right sadly. Did they ever share the test rooms at the new Grand Floridian rooms before they were complete? I did not keep up with that refurb so much. I think we will get a good idea of what they are really up to after a couple of weeks as long as we have someone on the ground reporting.
I'll try to grab a peek on Sunday. I'm doing a quick overnight trip on business and managed to grab a studio at OKW last minute. I land at MCO at 3:00, so I'll head over to BRV before hitting BWV for dinner at Trattorio at 8:00.

We're at the Lodge for a few days starting on Labor Day so I'll get another peek then.

Would you mind horribly staying there as our spy until they have the room done?
Loving the pics!
I couldn’t agree more. The dedication here is top notch
See ya then. We are checkin in on Saturday as well. What good timing we have, construction stays are the best. 🤣🤣🤣
Now you know we all are going to expect you to just walk on in and snap photos as good as these right? 🤣

Be prepared for the generic white sheets and spread. Theming has gone out the window. Their idea of decorating is to throw a couple of Disney type pillows on the couch. I shudder to think how the most themed of all DVC resorts will now fall in line with the rest of the generic decor :(

Be prepared for the generic white sheets and spread. Theming has gone out the window. Their idea of decorating is to throw a couple of Disney type pillows on the couch. I shudder to think how the most themed of all DVC resorts will now fall in line with the rest of the generic decor :(
The last few refurbs have followed this pattern and some look more like a generic hotel now at first glance. I’m hoping they don’t stick with this for all future refurbs :(

It can still be themed and look modern.

I'm fine with that. The first thing I do is take the decorative throw pillow and that pointless bed runner off the bed and toss them in a corner anyway. Since it's not a hotel and there's no daily mousekeeping, even if I did like them, they'd still never make it back on the bed. The rest of the theming is obviously more important.

I don't know...the snippets we got of the test rooms looked fun. Kind of looked a little bit like the rooms at Hotel Cheyenne at Disneyland Paris. But they could change them from that or not. We will see. And the white beds are easier to clean, and people apparently were stealing the runners and decorative pillows.

I'll try to grab a peek on Sunday. I'm doing a quick overnight trip on business and managed to grab a studio at OKW last minute. I land at MCO at 3:00, so I'll head over to BRV before hitting BWV for dinner at Trattorio at 8:00.

We're at the Lodge for a few days starting on Labor Day so I'll get another peek then.
Don, I’m passing the torch to you. Sadly we depart tomorrow. The noise, after the first day, wasn’t as unbearable, a distraction, but not ear ringing awful. And for cash stays, they are doing full housekeeping every other day. That was nice! However, as I was walking to the pool this morning, a gentleman in construction clothes with a WDW name tag was putting up the sign attached below. I want to say no one ever told me I could not take pictures, the first day the door was wide open so I went in and no one asked me not to take pictures. The second day, one of construction guys opened the doors for me and gave me a tour of the 2 rooms. I would never have taken pictures if Disney had said not to. I do obey rules! I did notice Disney people going in and out of the rooms, hoping this is a good sign. The FD manager did say when I spoke to him that it was the start of an ongoing construction project, but they were taken off guard about the start. I don’t believe it because the carpet outside the rooms had been covered for 2 days prior to the start and the day before the construction started there were bins with bubble wrap left outside the rooms. Wasn’t sure why at the time, now I know it was to wrap glass ware and dishes. Plus, if I were a housekeeping manager and I saw a stretch of carpet covered in Saran Wrap and didn’t know why, I’d ask. So I call baloney that they didn’t know. They just made a mistake and never notified guests. Probably hoping we would be out of the room when the destruction started. The FD manager also said they were at a full house for DVC and that is why there were limited options for a room change. We could have gone to the hotel side, but we didn’t want to give up the 1BR, even for a discount. They did take care of things, though I kind of had to ask. Anyways, it was overall a great stay and already planning the next trip. But definitely busy! Guess we got spoiled by covid crowds for the past 2 years. MNSSHP tonight then goodbye tomorrow. I’ll be looking forward to hearing what you all experience as the weeks go by! Hoping all of you have great stays!

Attachments

• 2A69833F-673F-422F-ADBC-161096699D73.jpeg
    2A69833F-673F-422F-ADBC-161096699D73.jpeg
    48.5 KB · Views: 263
Don, I’m passing the torch to you. Sadly we depart tomorrow. The noise, after the first day, wasn’t as unbearable, a distraction, but not ear ringing awful. And for cash stays, they are doing full housekeeping every other day. That was nice! However, as I was walking to the pool this morning, a gentleman in construction clothes with a WDW name tag was putting up the sign attached below. I want to say no one ever told me I could not take pictures, the first day the door was wide open so I went in and no one asked me not to take pictures. The second day, one of construction guys opened the doors for me and gave me a tour of the 2 rooms. I would never have taken pictures if Disney had said not to. I do obey rules! I did notice Disney people going in and out of the rooms, hoping this is a good sign. The FD manager did say when I spoke to him that it was the start of an ongoing construction project, but they were taken off guard about the start. I don’t believe it because the carpet outside the rooms had been covered for 2 days prior to the start and the day before the construction started there were bins with bubble wrap left outside the rooms. Wasn’t sure why at the time, now I know it was to wrap glass ware and dishes. Plus, if I were a housekeeping manager and I saw a stretch of carpet covered in Saran Wrap and didn’t know why, I’d ask. So I call baloney that they didn’t know. They just made a mistake and never notified guests. Probably hoping we would be out of the room when the destruction started. The FD manager also said they were at a full house for DVC and that is why there were limited options for a room change. We could have gone to the hotel side, but we didn’t want to give up the 1BR, even for a discount. They did take care of things, though I kind of had to ask. Anyways, it was overall a great stay and already planning the next trip. But definitely busy! Guess we got spoiled by covid crowds for the past 2 years. MNSSHP tonight then goodbye tomorrow. I’ll be looking forward to hearing what you all experience as the weeks go by! Hoping all of you have great stays!
They didn't have any signs up stating that before they put that one up, which is kind of wild. When they were doing construction on Copper Creek and the Cabins they had signs all over, if I remember correctly. Although not sure they were about no photos, but they definetly had signs up about construction.

Moving into BRV studio for 6 nights starting 8/28. Hoping for a decent, not too banged up room. If not, I’ll take whatever else I can get.

I have booked 3 nights BRV, 2 nights AKV at the end of March while I wait to hit the 7 month mark. I was planning to move to VGF but now I’m thinking I should do all BRV if the refurb is actually happening. I don’t know what to do. This trip is for my 50th bday next year. VGF or BRV…what to do???? 😂

We're all counting on you! Have your camera ready! LOL

I don't know...the snippets we got of the test rooms looked fun. Kind of looked a little bit like the rooms at Hotel Cheyenne at Disneyland Paris. But they could change them from that or not. We will see. And the white beds are easier to clean, and people apparently were stealing the runners and decorative pillows.
Exactly! I think the white beds look much "cleaner".... I shudder thinking of some of those old bedspreads they used to have. LOL I'm sure lots of small items like decorative pillows disappear.

Checked in today (room was ready at 7:30AM). We’re on the 3rd floor. As usual when I stay in a new place I explored the entire building. 5th & 4th floor have plastic on the carpet & signs on each floor but I saw or heard no construction going on today. The plastic on the fifth floor goes all the way to room 5545 but on the fourth floor it stops at 5535. I also noticed the plastic in front of those two rooms on the fourth floor go all the way to the room while everywhere else is just in the middle of the hallway on the carpet. The sign saying no photography was not up today. I will check during the week we are here until next Saturday.

5th Floor pics are first then 4th floor.

Attachments

• D9231C93-43F5-4D76-B7AB-28D27C68B375.jpeg
    D9231C93-43F5-4D76-B7AB-28D27C68B375.jpeg
    67.6 KB · Views: 182
  • 35D606EB-D046-496C-A9D4-E4DFC146AD39.jpeg
    35D606EB-D046-496C-A9D4-E4DFC146AD39.jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 156
  • 26F17783-A708-4346-B8BB-879C83D4AEA8.jpeg
    26F17783-A708-4346-B8BB-879C83D4AEA8.jpeg
    72.3 KB · Views: 153
  • F9F0A9A9-3747-4867-8E8F-E76A32F2354F.jpeg
    F9F0A9A9-3747-4867-8E8F-E76A32F2354F.jpeg
    44.9 KB · Views: 147
  • 84C89F6A-CCD8-436F-B211-E47A5355D018.jpeg
    84C89F6A-CCD8-436F-B211-E47A5355D018.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 148
  • 3BB25C17-3912-4576-A42F-0EA7939ADDAC.jpeg
    3BB25C17-3912-4576-A42F-0EA7939ADDAC.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 147
  • 7256C4E4-63C3-4984-BD5F-FB951054A19B.jpeg
    7256C4E4-63C3-4984-BD5F-FB951054A19B.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 162
Bed runners are to protect against the dull minded folk who take their dirty wheeled luggage and put it on the sheets. Too many are perplexed at what the folding rack in the closet is for.
Once visited someone in their hotel room (kids soccer tournament) and there were no real seats left and the person offered me this weird chair thing from the closet. Lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter