Boulder Ridge at 7 months out in May?

charminnie

Mouseketeer
What are my chances of booking a studio at the end of May at 7 months out? Not sure if that is a busy time at Boulder Ridge? Thanks

What are my chances of booking a studio at the end of May at 7 months out? Not sure if that is a busy time at Boulder Ridge? Thanks
Studios may be difficult anytime of year at any resort other than SS depending on length of stay - but I will say a 1 bedroom will more then likely be available...we usually have our pick of resorts in May because we always book a 1 br.

May is one of the easier months for book ing at 7 months. If you book online as soon as the window opens, IMO, you have a good chance of getting a studio at BRV.

I have been following CCV reservations; unfortunately it is starting to appear that studios may have some risk of disappearing any time of year before 7 nights out, or extremely quickly at exactly 7 months out, although it is still too early in the sales process for CCV to declare anything a pattern. CCV might have a studio "oversell" issue -- the price per point is so high that majority can buy enough points only to get studios and all those points applicable to the cabins are being purchased mainly by those who can only afford studios.

Last edited:

I have been following CCV reservations; unfortunately it is starting to appear that studios may have some risk of disappearing any time of year before 7 nights out, or extremely quickly at exactly 7 months out, although it is still too early in the sales process for CCV to declare anything a pattern. CCV might have a studio "oversell" issue -- the price per point is so high that majority can buy enough points only to get studios and all those points applicable to the cabins are being purchased mainly by those who can only afford studios.
Are you seeing the same for BRV? (OP is asking about BRV).

Oh, I misread and thought we were on CCV. As the BRV, I am noticing some changes to prior patterns. Prior to CCV, BRV followed a typical pattern of being almost always open at 7 months out from the Monday after marathon weekend in Jan to late Sep. From late Sep to marathon weekend in Jan, DVC's high demand season, it very often had issues, although not as bad as BCV or BWV. What is happenning now is that in the last couple months, watching the 7 month window for BRV post marathon weekend in Jan 2019, its studios have been disappearing some (but not all) days either shortly before 7 months out or very quickly at 8 a.m., indicating there is more demand for them at 7 months out than last year during the low to moderate demand season and that might partially be a result of CCV owners increasing the demand at the 7 month window.

That makes sense to me. The renovations and updates to the entire Wilderness Lodge complex are very nice. Doesn't surprise me that members and renters who couldn't get into CCV would try to stay at BRV, thus increasing demand there, too.

Last year, I tried to book a BRV studio at 7 months, right when the booking window came online for the first week of June, totally out of luck. But I did notice some completely open days in that last week of May. If I had a more flexible schedule, I certainly would've jumped on those days but unfortunately I could not. I suspect you should be in good shape and even if you can't get a day around Memorial Day, you can probably get a waitlist going and see some success from that route. I also found BWV studios (pool/garden view) open as well, along with the usual suspects. Obviously things change year over year but that might give you an idea of what to look out for early in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter