Bought the wrong tickets

nana50

Always planning my next trip to Disneyland.
I'm so stupid. I bought four 2 day tickets at the grocery store and didn't realize I bought all children's tickets, not adults. Of course the grocery store won't take them back. I'm assuming I can upgrade at the gate. Do I need to go to that little kiosk in the center between the parks? How about at the Sheraton, will the little desk that sells tickets be able to handle it? I'm driving up from San Diego Thursday and don't want to waste too much time fixing the ticket situation.

I'm more than certain you can go to the ticket counter between the parks and explain your situation and pay the difference.

I doubt the Sheraton can help you because they're not official Disney. They're the same as the grocery store (a third party seller). I agree that your best bet is either the ticket booths or Guest Services in the Esplanade.

I doubt the Sheraton can help you because they're not official Disney. They're the same as the grocery store (a third party seller). I agree that your best bet is either the ticket booths or Guest Services in the Esplanade.

They are a Good Neighbor hotel, so I believe the relationship is a bit different than a supermarket. However, some of these locations do have an official Disney Desk staffed by a Disney CM (name tag and everything). I remember one at the Hilton. The old Sheraton Anaheim north of DL listed one. Disney claims that these are full service ticket outlets.

They are a Good Neighbor hotel, so I believe the relationship is a bit different than a supermarket. However, some of these locations do have an official Disney Desk staffed by a Disney CM (name tag and everything). I remember one at the Hilton. The old Sheraton Anaheim north of DL listed one. Disney claims that these are full service ticket outlets.

Interesting and good to know.

I hadn't heard of the Disney Desk before, but it seems like it's only in a select few locations (i.e., not all Good Neighbor hotels have them). My only experience with the Good Neighbor hotels are a few of the motels along Katella (Ramada, Fairfield, and BWPPI) and those do not have a Disney Desk, but do sell tickets at the check-in desk. So those are probably more like super-market, a third party seller, whereas the locations with the Disney Desk are Disney operated.

I would also think this means that the OP could call the Sheraton and ask them about whether the Disney Desk can do a ticket upgrade. At least then they'd know in advance if it's something they can do at the hotel or if they have to go to the parks.

Interesting and good to know.

I hadn't heard of the Disney Desk before, but it seems like it's only in a select few locations (i.e., not all Good Neighbor hotels have them). My only experience with the Good Neighbor hotels are a few of the motels along Katella (Ramada, Fairfield, and BWPPI) and those do not have a Disney Desk, but do sell tickets at the check-in desk. So those are probably more like super-market, a third party seller, whereas the locations with the Disney Desk are Disney operated.

I would also think this means that the OP could call the Sheraton and ask them about whether the Disney Desk can do a ticket upgrade. At least then they'd know in advance if it's something they can do at the hotel or if they have to go to the parks.

I'm assuming the OP is referring to the Sheraton Park by the convention center. That doesn't list a Disney Desk. I do remember the one at the Hilton. It was really just a podium next to another podium for the Enterprise agent. Can't find a photo, but here's a description (it's a couple of years old at least).

http://www.hiltonanaheimhotel.com/pdf/disney_desk.pdf

Here's are a few photos of different locations:

disney-guest-relations.jpg

ES_lobby001_9_712x342_FitToBoxSmallDimension_Center.jpg

Actually found one for the Hilton. It's more like a counter at a hotel front desk.

HH_disneydesk001_28_675x359_FitToBoxSmallDimension_Center.jpg

If the one at the Hilton in staffed by a Disney CM that's cool! But I just wanted to let people know for other hotels, that just because they have a fancy Disney desk, doesn't mean it's staffed by a Disney CM. When I stayed at the Ramada Maingate - it was a few years ago - they had a desk with cute Disney stuff and signs all around. I went thinking it was staffed by Disney, but then they started trying to sell me other stuff, and I realized it was just a general travel desk, I guess. I left in a hurry before they started trying to sell me a timeshare. Not that I have any idea if they would have, just didn't want to find out! Haha!

I love, love, love that desk in the first photo posted by bcla above! (Did it come from Trip Advisor? I just want to make sure we give proper credit for the photos.) The desks at the actual Disney hotels are not even that cute!

I love, love, love that desk in the first photo posted by bcla above! (Did it come from Trip Advisor? I just want to make sure we give proper credit for the photos.) The desks at the actual Disney hotels are not even that cute!

First one was TripAdvisor from the former Sheraton Anaheim (now Majestic Garden I think).

http://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Locat...Majestic_Garden_Hotel-Anaheim_California.html

Second was directly from the Hilton website for the Embassy Suites in Garden Grove (not the one with the recent tragedy).

http://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en...bassy-suites-anaheim-south-LAXGDES/index.html

Third (and kind of boring looking) was from the Hilton Anaheim website. It requires a few clicks to get there.

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/california/hilton-anaheim-SNAAHHH/about/amenities.html

I would call Disney guest services to make absolutely sure what the best course of action is. I would venture a guess that you can upgrade them at a ticket booth in the esplanade without a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter