• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bottles of wine (info)

ducklite

<font color=teal>Take the Poly, it's fabulous!<br>
I don't think I've ever seen this posted here before, sorry if it's old info.

I was told the other night that if you are staying at a WDW Resort and order a bottle of wine with dinner at a WDW restaurant, if you don't finish it, they will recork it and send it "home" with you.

I never knew this before, and it came in handy last night when I was able to order a bottle of what I really wanted rather than settle for something else sold by the glass at Citrico.

I'm now enjoying the "leftovers" while I peruse the Disboards :)

Anne

Isn't it great? I discovered this years ago. Its always just me and ds(12) who clearly isn't drinking age yet but LOVES fine dining. I rarely like any of the by-the-glass wines in our sit downs. I mentioned this first at Bistro de Paris and was told I could take the bottle back to the resort - they even wrapped it and placed it in a gift bag. Since that day 5 years ago I have learned all the sit down restaurants will do it joyfully.

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Anne,

Thanks for the info, that really is good knowledge. Better not to waste good wine. :D

::yes:: We've done this as well.

You can also take your own wine to V&A and pay corkage. We've never done that though. Too nice to have their expert matching of wine to each course.

Here's a related question. If I stay on property, and drive to the parks...is it legal to have an opened bottle of wine in the car or trunk in Florida? Or is this because the you're staying onsite and the roadways belong to Disney, so don't fall under Florida law?

I found a wine I like at the French pavilion, but they didn't sell it in the wine shop behind Chefs, so next time I'll order a bottle and take the unused portion to the car. :)

I would think that as long as the wine was in the trunk, and you weren't legally drunk, it wouldn't be a problem on WDW property.

Anne

Yes, I don't think it has anything to do with being an onsite guest really, or who owns Disney's roads. If Florida laws are like Illinois, you may take open bottles of wine in your trunk. Of course, as ducklite mentions, you can't be drunk driving either, lol. We have taken bottles home from fine restaurants in our hometown area on occasion. (but usually we just finish them, lol) Unfortunately, we drive an SUV and we have never figured out where we could put open bottles that would be considered not inside the vehicle. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by ducklite
I don't think I've ever seen this posted here before, sorry if it's old info.

I was told the other night that if you are staying at a WDW Resort and order a bottle of wine with dinner at a WDW restaurant, if you don't finish it, they will recork it and send it "home" with you.

I never knew this before, and it came in handy last night when I was able to order a bottle of what I really wanted rather than settle for something else sold by the glass at Citrico.

I'm now enjoying the "leftovers" while I peruse the Disboards :)

Anne

That is the best bit of Disney info I've had in years! Thank you! I travel as the only adult and I'm always wistfully looking at the menu at all the fantastic choices that I 'can't' finish with dinner....I can't wait to get back so I can order what I want!:earsgirl:

Wow that is excellent news. I just found out that you can do that on the cruise but I never dreamed it could be done at the resort also.

Thanks,
Alice

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter