Bottled Water in cabins

Mom24Princesses

DIS Veteran
We have only been cruising Carnival in recent years. They have 1.5 liter water bottles in the cabins and available for purchase. Does DCL have larger water bottles? Also a regular 12 bottle “case” is $4.50 preordered.
Planning for excursions.

We have only been cruising Carnival in recent years. They have 1.5 liter water bottles in the cabins and available for purchase. Does DCL have larger water bottles? Also a regular 12 bottle “case” is $4.50 preordered.
Planning for excursions.
Why not bring your own refillable water bottles (in whatever size you prefer)? The water onboard is processed the same as most bottled water (reverse osmosis and filtered), and it helps eliminate the plastic water bottle trash.

But, yes, there is bottled water available for purchase onboard. I believe the size is the same.

We always pack 4-6 waters for the trip and put them in the fridge when we get to our stateroom. You also can purchase bottled water at different ports and bring that onboard.

You can pre-order bottled waters through the Onboard Gifts and Amenities link at the bottom of your reservation page on the DCL website.

They usually walk around offering the water package on embarkation day as well. I refill bottles so I don't know if there is any advantage to ordering it in advance through Gifts and Amenities compared to buying once on board.

I will second the mention that the ships water is good. Last trip on the Fantasy I notice on the walking path on deck 4 they upgraded the water fountain to include the water filling spout now.

Why not bring your own refillable water bottles (in whatever size you prefer)? The water onboard is processed the same as most bottled water (reverse osmosis and filtered), and it helps eliminate the plastic water bottle trash.

But, yes, there is bottled water available for purchase onboard. I believe the size is the same.

Yes, this. Bring your own bottles and refill them, help the environment.
The past 2-3 cruises we've bought a 6 pack of 25oz Evian bottles and refill them every night in deck 4 where they have a water fountain with a bottle filler that is supposed to have an additional water filter.
But what princesshmoo says is correct, most of the water onboard is super clean.

Other cruise lines are are much more reasonable with their prices for water. Enough so, that we'll pre-purchase from them instead of carrying a case on board. However, DCL's prices are pretty outrageous ($40 for a case of 24 as opposed to about $10 on other lines).

Last edited:
Can I carry my personal water bottle, filled with water, off the ship in ports?

Do water bottles count as "things taken off the ship must be in their original sealed packaging"?

Do water bottles count as "things taken off the ship must be in their original sealed packaging"?
I’ve been able to do this routinely.

Only one port we've ever stopped at did not allow filled, personal water bottles off the ship. I can't recall specifically which one it was, but it was one of the Central American ones on one of our Panama Canal cruises.

Even better if you bring a wide mouthed refillable bottle because you can fill it with ice from the drink station on deck. Particularly useful if you're taking the bottle off the ship and/or when you come back and you're sweaty and hot and dehydrated and you fill that bottle up with ice and just keep refilling it with water until the ice is all melted. Sooo good. Regular water bottle openings are just too narrow to put ice in.

We ALWAYS bring our own insulated water bottles and take them off ship. Besides being better for the environment, then we have a supply of ice water!
(Those plastic water bottles get warm and nasty really quick.)

Never had a problem taking them off ship so far.

The water on the ship tastes "like water", no need to buy bottled water, just bring a refillable water bottle. If you feel you must buy bottled water, consider buying boxed water. Much better for the environment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter