• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Both ports up in the air

foolish-mortal

Your ghost host
We are supposed to leave on the Fantasy in 2 weeks. We are going to San Juan and St. Maarten. San Juan is not currently letting anyone enter unless they show a negative test within 2 days and I believe St. Maarten is now needing to show a recent vaccine/booster within 9 months. So, I'm wondering if we'll stop at either of them. We haven't received anything from Disney yet. Anyone else on that cruise? Thoughts on our potential itinerary?

We are supposed to leave on the Fantasy in 2 weeks. We are going to San Juan and St. Maarten. San Juan is not currently letting anyone enter unless they show a negative test within 2 days and I believe St. Maarten is now needing to show a recent vaccine/booster within 9 months. So, I'm wondering if we'll stop at either of them. We haven't received anything from Disney yet. Anyone else on that cruise? Thoughts on our potential itinerary?
No clue but I wish you a joyous cruise regardless of any port issues. :boat:

We are on that cruise also and have been wondering the same thing! We haven’t heard anything and we keep checking. I hadn’t heard that restriction for St Marteen though. The one thought we had was is it possible to change courses and go to San Juan on the second day? It’s tough to figure things out not knowing anything yet!

I thought Cayman had to be canceled recently. Might not have been DCL. It became a sea day. I would assume that’s what will happen if they can’t dock.

We had those ports in October, and our cruise was changed to a western itinerary. Hoping you have better luck - I love san Juan and st maarten.

We had those ports in October, and our cruise was changed to a western itinerary. Hoping you have better luck - I love san Juan and st maarten.

Ugh. I can go with the flow on almost anything. We once had a Bahamas cruise re-routed to Canada and saw it as an adventure. But, I've been Western a dozen times on lots of different cruises (including DCL). And, I'm definitely looking for something different. That's the one thing that would probably make me reschedule.

Ugh. I can go with the flow on almost anything. We once had a Bahamas cruise re-routed to Canada and saw it as an adventure. But, I've been Western a dozen times on lots of different cruises (including DCL). And, I'm definitely looking for something different. That's the one thing that would probably make me reschedule.

DCL gave us $500 OBC for the port swap. We just stayed on the ship at all ports except castaway cay.

With DCL vaccine requirements, that should satisfy the requirements you described for St. Maarten. Shoudn't your test to board at Port Canaveral count for San Juan?

With DCL vaccine requirements, that should satisfy the requirements you described for St. Maarten. Shoudn't your test to board at Port Canaveral count for San Juan?
Not necessarily. I got my vax last March. If I weren't boosted I would be outside 9 months.

No it doesn't satisfy either. For San Juan we won't be at that port within 2 days of our tests. And, for St. Maarten anyone who was vaccinated a year ago, and not boosted (which isn't a requirement for DCL) wouldn't be allowed to enter.

San Juan we won't be at that port within 2 days of our tests

Are you sure cruises don't have a waiver to say within 2 days of boarding the ship? Haven't kept up with things but there was rules like this previously I think for other islands.

As for the booster they simply could pass that requirement along? Our kids couldn't get off at Cozumel unless part of an excursion which they only offered 1 excursion option which we passed on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter