• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

borrowing

DisneyPT

Earning My Ears
I am looking to make a reservation in June 2022. I have 2 contracts with different use years. Oct 2021 contract has 184 available, no issues or questions with these points. The March use year has 156 points in 2022 use year. Since the date I want to make the reservation in is June 2022, would it be considered "borrowing" the points if I needed the March 2022 use year to complete the reservation? I want to make sure my thought process is correct before needing to call to make the reservation. I want to combine these point to make the reservation but need all of them. Since there is the borrowing restriction, I wanted to be sure I am not "borrowing" the points since the reservation is going to be in the March 2022 year.

It would not be borrowing. You would have to transfer the points, however. Since they have two different UY they cannot be used together without a transfer between accounts.

Your 2022 points will be available March 1, 2022. Any reservations made from 3/1/22 through 2/28/23 can use 2022 UY points - not borrowing.

Always look at the UY the trip happens and not when you are booking it.

So, a June 2022 trip is in your 2022 March UY. It can be booked with banked 2021, 2022, and up to 50% of your 2023 points borrowed to finish it up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter