"Borrowing" others photos for your scrapbook

Juliegirl1

DIS Veteran
Would you consider using photos that you have not taken in your personal scrapbook?

For instance, I know that my camera isn't the greatest at taking fireworks shots or nighttime shots. If you saw someone else's photos that captured the essence of say, "Wishes" or "Fantasmic" or if they have a pic of a dark ride that you aren't supposed to take pictures on, would you ask them for permission to print off a copy of their photo for your scrapbook? I see a ton of great pics on the photography board and other places and was curious to see what you all thought about this. Obviously I wouldn't use a picture without the photographer's permission.

I personally don't mind sharing stock photos. I'm sure some people wouldn't share but as long as you're not using it for a pubic forum or for profit, I don't see what the issue would be.

Nope, I don't have any problems with it. I even shamelessly beg for copies from friends and people online. I also put postcards, maps, and other stuff in my books. It's for me anyway, I have boys, and they don't care, and DH doesn't care either... :teeth:

I would use these photos because the scrapbooks I create are meant to capture the experiences and sights at Disney that we enjoyed. Sometimes borrowed photos are the only ones of certain attractions or shows that are possible to use. That way, these things are represented in my books.

I absolutely have borrowed others photos for "theming" pictures. There is even an account set up by DISers on Shutterfly where people have posted their photos so others can order prints for their scrapbooks. The account is wdwscrapper@yahoo.com and the password is mickey. There are a ton of photos and some truly excellent ones.

I would totally use other people's photos with their permission.

We had a photo swap a few months back and I got some great shots of things we didn't even think to take pictures of. And since I know that we won't be able to make visiting the WDW a common ocurrance, I NEED these photos.

Ahem, are you not the Swap Goddess??

Put it on the calendar and I will host it. Anytime. It will need at least a 4 week turn around for those who cannot print using an on line service and send it directly to me.

AlexWyattMommy said:

Put it on the calendar and I will host it. Anytime. It will need at least a 4 week turn around for those who cannot print using an on line service and send it directly to me.
You are becoming a pro hostess already!!! :)

AlexWyattMommy said:

Your summer is pretty booked so I put you down for 9/14 - 10/12 sound good?
Don't forget too some of us will be in WDW in early Oct so if you can join us we'll tweak the dates!

Wow, what I wouldn't give to be able to go to WDW in October. But right now that is not going to happen, so the dates should be okay. Thanks. Instead of one group of 20, I'll do two groups of 10 with no angels. If we have flakers, I'll swap between the two groups so hopefully you would not get two of your own back.

I like that too. My only concern would be if you signed up for MGM, but one person flaked, would you be okay getting character photo or would want two of your own back instead?
It would take way too long to wait on angels if someone flakes.

AlexWyattMommy said:
I like that too. My only concern would be if you signed up for MGM, but one person flaked, would you be okay getting character photo or would want two of your own back instead?
It would take way too long to wait on angels if someone flakes.

HHMM not sure, we could add a surprise picture instead. At Walmart you can get prints in 1 hour. I don't think it would be a big deal. How about I sign up as an angel and if you need a spot filled I can get pics. I have over 10,000 photos from WDW alone so it's not a big deal for me to fill in spaces.

MickeyP we opted for Oct for a few reasons:
A) A Lot of people will be going to WDW between now and the end of summer. New pics, new ideas.
B) Our calendar is getting really full. We are all addicted to swaps so we wanted to keep things spread out a bit.

MickeyP, darn honey, I am sooo sorry. The photo swap was your baby the first time around. If you can do it October, you should take over hosting.
Does your foot hurt from me stepping and than stomping over it? I do wear a size 8. :rotfl: I get so excited about swapping and well, I just can't help myself. Doesn't help that I have a brain like swiss cheese and totally flaked on that I sent YOU my pictures the first time. Sorry. :flower2: Forgive me?

HeatherFeather said:
I absolutely have borrowed others photos for "theming" pictures. There is even an account set up by DISers on Shutterfly where people have posted their photos so others can order prints for their scrapbooks. The account is wdwscrapper@yahoo.com and the password is mickey. There are a ton of photos and some truly excellent ones.
Thanks for posting that info. There are some good photos there.

For other scrapbooks I've "borrowed" pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter