Boozin’ It Up 12/5-12/7 coming ASAP

merrrydeath

DIS Veteran
Hello to anyone new who has stumbled upon my continuous trip report. I decided to update this first page so that the thread will be easier to navigate for anyone who wasn't here from the beginning. There are 4 trip reports within this chaotic thread.

The recurring cast for my trips are as follows:

SepDis124.jpg

ME!
My name is Meredith and I am an adult(22 year-old) Disneyland fanatic(I sometimes feel like there should be a support group for this...oh wait). I believe my obsession might have stemmed from only going to DLR once when I was a child. I discovered how wonderful it is as an adult, and I think that is an entirely different experience. I became an annual pass-holder last year(2009), and went on 4 trips. Outside of planning and going to Disneyland, I am a hairstylist. I have lived in Northern California my entire life, and I can't imagine living anywhere else...well maybe Anaheim.

March2010064.jpg

My mom!
My mom, Debra, is almost as obsessed as I am. She has joined me on 3 out of 4 trips in the last year. She first went to Disneyland in 1957(can you imagine that?!) and her favorite ride is Mad Tea Party.

SepDis028.jpg

My Dad!
My dad, Linder, is not obsessed. He would be fine not going to Disneyland again, but does enjoy his time when he goes. He went on 2 trips with me in 2009. We also both took my nephew Ethan for his first time in August of 2009.

The title for this thread came from the first trip that I was planning for my 21st birthday on March 6, 2009.​

I’m not really the boozing it up sort of person, but the idea of drinking all over DL(well, DCA and DTD) is incredibly funny to me.

Here are the links to my past reports. I hope you enjoy and join the fun!

My Disney Past: A small look at my DLR history

March 2009(21st birthday) Trip Report
Travel: One Two
Day One: One Two Three Four Five
Day Two: One Two Three

August 2009 Trip Report:
The Plan
Day One: One
Day Two: One Two Three Four Five
Day Three: One Two Three Four Five

September 2009 Trip Report:
Day One: One Two
Day Two: One

Here I was away for about 8 months :scared1: So my next Trip Report was mostly just pictures. SORRY.

A Post of what I had been doing.

March 2010(22nd birthday) Trip Report:
Day One: One Two Three Four
Day Two: One Two Three Four Five Six

December 2010 Trip Report
PTR: One Two Three Four Five

Keep looking out for more trips from me!

Wow you are even worse than us. We live in Fairfield and we don't go all the time either. There are a few bars that sparked my interest the last time we were there. The Uva bar and the House of Blues. Being 21 you actually have the option. I would be like you and opt for Disneyland too, I figure I can drink anywhere if I want but Disneyland well that isn't everyday. I do run on sentences myself. I look forward to reading this.

Wow you are even worse than us. We live in Fairfield and we don't go all the time either. There are a few bars that sparked my interest the last time we were there. The Uva bar and the House of Blues. Being 21 you actually have the option. I would be like you and opt for Disneyland too, I figure I can drink anywhere if I want but Disneyland well that isn't everyday. I do run on sentences myself. I look forward to reading this.
It would have been nice to go more often as a child, but looking back I probably wouldn't change it. It made the times I went that much more special.

I've been looking into where I want to have dinner/my first legal drink that night. Too many options!

It would have been nice to go more often as a child, but looking back I probably wouldn't change it. It made the times I went that much more special.

I've been looking into where I want to have dinner/my first legal drink that night. Too many options!

Oh there are so many choices. I love Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen. It can be fun. You see if it was me I always want to spend as much time in the park as I can so we usually eat in the park. I am a grab and go girl so that we don't miss anything. The Carnation Cafe on Main Street is fun and the food is good. What about Blue Bayou? That is a really nice yet expensive place to eat but you can't get a drink. For that you want to eat in either DCA or DTD. There is always the Napa Rose, also pricey but well thought of. Where are you staying?

Oh there are so many choices. I love Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen. It can be fun. You see if it was me I always want to spend as much time in the park as I can so we usually eat in the park. I am a grab and go girl so that we don't miss anything. The Carnation Cafe on Main Street is fun and the food is good. What about Blue Bayou? That is a really nice yet expensive place to eat but you can't get a drink. For that you want to eat in either DCA or DTD. There is always the Napa Rose, also pricey but well thought of. Where are you staying?

We're staying at the Desert Inn. I'm looking for good food, not too expensive, and someplace where I can get an over the top froofroo drink. Mostly just for a picture that I can laugh at years from now :P

We're staying at the Desert Inn. I'm looking for good food, not too expensive, and someplace where I can get an over the top froofroo drink. Mostly just for a picture that I can laugh at years from now :P

How about the Rainforest Cafe? They have good food (not so expensive that it will break the bank), a lot of choices on the menu, good atmosphere and froo-froo drinks (since it is a tropical theme). Also, I hear that the Cove Bar in DCA has those kinds of fruity drinks that I like (which taste like they have no alcohol in them). I think PCH Grill in the PPH also serves some good drinks, from what I have heard.

I second the suggestion of the Rain Forest. That actually is pretty fun. And you can get a frou frou drink there too.

Happy almost 21st Birthday :bday:

I too was gonna suggestion the Rainforest Cafe. We love this restaurant & if you tell them it's your birthday you'll get a huge (and I mean HUGE) volcano dessert. See below:

TD62.jpg

It's just a fun place to eat & celebrate a birthday & yes they have some "froo froo" drinks!!!!

Have fun on your trip (we'll be coming in late on the 7th) so have the parks warmed up for us!! :woohoo:

How about the Rainforest Cafe? They have good food (not so expensive that it will break the bank), a lot of choices on the menu, good atmosphere and froo-froo drinks (since it is a tropical theme). Also, I hear that the Cove Bar in DCA has those kinds of fruity drinks that I like (which taste like they have no alcohol in them). I think PCH Grill in the PPH also serves some good drinks, from what I have heard.
I also like not tasting a lot of alcohol, but those kinds are deadly too!
Thank you for all the suggestions.

I second the suggestion of the Rain Forest. That actually is pretty fun. And you can get a frou frou drink there too.

Happy almost 21st Birthday :bday:

I too was gonna suggestion the Rainforest Cafe. We love this restaurant & if you tell them it's your birthday you'll get a huge (and I mean HUGE) volcano dessert. See below:

TD62.jpg

It's just a fun place to eat & celebrate a birthday & yes they have some "froo froo" drinks!!!!

Have fun on your trip (we'll be coming in late on the 7th) so have the parks warmed up for us!! :woohoo:

Okay, this is definitely top of the list now with so many people suggesting it. Do you all think this is a little...kitschy though? With the gorillas and stuff?

Ariel's Grotto! you can order any drink you want from the Cove Bar upstairs...of course, that might not be appreciated by all the wee princessess. Maybe go to the Cove Bar, they also have a barre menu.

You can do a Wine Tasting next to the Wine Country Trattoria, might be a nice introduction to the wonderful world of wine...aka booze isn't just for getting drunk you know, it's for fine living also!

There's the beer cart in the Pacific Warf area, as well as the Margarita stand.

You can walk all over the park with a beer, margarita, or wine...just ask for it to go. I can't tell you how many times some woman with a crazed look in her eye as pointed at me and demanded to know where I got that glass of wine.

I also like not tasting a lot of alcohol, but those kinds are deadly too!
Thank you for all the suggestions.

Okay, this is definitely top of the list now with so many people suggesting it. Do you all think this is a little...kitschy though? With the gorillas and stuff?

You know, yes, it is kitschy but the lovely aquariums make up for it and I actually think it is a nice fit in a Disney-owned area. The gorillas and elephants and birds and thunderstorm and all that seem to mesh well with what Disney does with the Tiki Room and their other Animatronic endeavors. I like the ambience there, and the frou-frou drinks fit in with the theme.

You're right - the drinks that taste like they have no alcohol are dangerous. You are sipping away, thinking everything's fine because you don't taste any booze and.....a few hours later you are regretting you had one too many of those frothy, fruity concoctions!

We actually enjoyed the kitschy. I mean face it you are on vacation and it's your birthday. Enjoy yourself. And I am so surprised at Sherry not recommending Goofy's Kitchen. Granted there isn't the booze but it is a great place to celebrate your birthday.

We actually enjoyed the kitschy. I mean face it you are on vacation and it's your birthday. Enjoy yourself. And I am so surprised at Sherry not recommending Goofy's Kitchen. Granted there isn't the booze but it is a great place to celebrate your birthday.

Oh you know I would have recommended it but I only do that when someone says they want a character meal!! I was thinking only of the booze aspect of things! But if you like character meals.....Goofy's all the way!!:lmao: :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

If I recall, I think the separate bar area of Rainforest Cafe is called the Magic Mushroom Lounge, which is pretty cool.

Well, I for one know how much you love Goofy's. So I was shocked.

Ariel's Grotto! you can order any drink you want from the Cove Bar upstairs...of course, that might not be appreciated by all the wee princessess. Maybe go to the Cove Bar, they also have a barre menu.

You can do a Wine Tasting next to the Wine Country Trattoria, might be a nice introduction to the wonderful world of wine...aka booze isn't just for getting drunk you know, it's for fine living also!

There's the beer cart in the Pacific Warf area, as well as the Margarita stand.

You can walk all over the park with a beer, margarita, or wine...just ask for it to go. I can't tell you how many times some woman with a crazed look in her eye as pointed at me and demanded to know where I got that glass of wine.
Haha I am definitely not looking to get wasted. I want to remember my trip! Margarita stand...good idea! Wine Tasting might be nice. Tres sofisticated for my 21st.

You know, yes, it is kitschy but the lovely aquariums make up for it and I actually think it is a nice fit in a Disney-owned area. The gorillas and elephants and birds and thunderstorm and all that seem to mesh well with what Disney does with the Tiki Room and their other Animatronic endeavors. I like the ambience there, and the frou-frou drinks fit in with the theme.

You're right - the drinks that taste like they have no alcohol are dangerous. You are sipping away, thinking everything's fine because you don't taste any booze and.....a few hours later you are regretting you had one too many of those frothy, fruity concoctions!

Oh man... Mike's Hard Lemonades are so dangerous for me. My brother calls them girly drinks, but geez if you drink enough of them(which you will because they are yummy) they can do you so wrong.

True true. I do like the Elephant Bar around here, with giant elephant ears fanning the room.
I'm not all about the booze! This title is giving me a bad reputation :rolleyes1 .

Oh you know I would have recommended it but I only do that when someone says they want a character meal!! I was thinking only of the booze aspect of things! But if you like character meals.....Goofy's all the way!!:lmao: :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

If I recall, I think the separate bar area of Rainforest Cafe is called the Magic Mushroom Lounge, which is pretty cool.

Let's not dwell on the booze! I'm more than happy just being at Disneyland. I have the rest of my life to celebrate my legal drinking age.

Which characters do you generally see at Goofy's? Which meal is best do you think? We have such a short time at the parks I don't want to spend all my time at sit-down meals.

Goofy's is a buffett. What we normally do is go before the park opens so that we don't miss any park time. And a plus on the breakfast is it cheaper too. They have great choices too. Like peanut butter and jelly pizza. They have just about everything you might want for breakfast.

Goofy's is a buffett. What we normally do is go before the park opens so that we don't miss any park time. And a plus on the breakfast is it cheaper too. They have great choices too. Like peanut butter and jelly pizza. They have just about everything you might want for breakfast.

So the park opens at 9am on the 6th and 8am on the 7th. Goofy's opens before that? How do I find the hours?

There is a phone number for Disney dining that you can call. I don't know the number off the top of my head. Maybe somebody else can remember it or you can go to Barnes and Noble and look at the Disneyland guide book. I believe they open like at 7 and I advice that you get advanced seating. Here is the number. Disney Dining - (714)781-DINE

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter