Boooo! 30 Fastpass +

Keacc

DIS Veteran
This 30 day time for guests staying off site really stinks. All of the days between Dec 1st and 4th only have late times available at all parks (3:30 is the earliest). No fast passes available any day for 7DMT! We are early risers and are generally at the parks at rope drop and out of the parks around 3pm. Every year I find one more thing to tick me off at Disney.

This 30 day time for guests staying off site really stinks. All of the days between Dec 1st and 4th only have late times available at all parks (3:30 is the earliest). No fast passes available any day for 7DMT! We are early risers and are generally at the parks at rope drop and out of the parks around 3pm. Every year I find one more thing to tick me off at Disney.
Not sure what you're doing wrong, but I just checked magic kingdom for dec 4 - all three mountains have morning and afternoon times...

We are doing 3 parks in one day on Dec 5, and I got 3 FP+ for AK: 9:20-10:20, 10:20-11:20 and 11:20 to 12:20. I just did this about 5 minutes ago!

(Hubby is there on a business trip and flying me down using points, staying offsite - only have one day in WDW.)

We are doing 3 parks in one day on Dec 5, and I got 3 FP+ for AK: 9:20-10:20, 10:20-11:20 and 11:20 to 12:20. I just did this about 5 minutes ago! (Hubby is there on a business trip and flying me down using points, staying offsite - only have one day in WDW.)
You might rethink that and switch your FPs to the park you'll be in mid afternoon, when the lines are longest. AK will be walk on all morning - possible exception of the safari which you can just jump on first. And do EE single rider.

If it makes you feel any better, I couldn't book SDMT at 60 days out - waited up till midnight - no dice.

I WAS able to book them later on by stalking MDE and making single fastpasses at a time, and then looking for overlapping times.

However, I think SDMT is going to be a tough one at 30 days. People have reported not being able to book Toy Story at 30 days.

Good luck with your trip though. We are big proponents of rope drop!

How may people are you searching for? We are there the same week. I have had little luck searching for 7 but when searching for 1 or 2 I can get pretty much anything except 7DMT and A&E, not sure about parades or fireworks, haven't been checking. I actually did get a single solitary FP for A&E the other night by shear luck but its for 9:30PM and only 1 which is useless. :crazy2:

The only TSMM times we could get were after 6:30 any day but if I search for fewer people I can get earlier times. Sad thing is I can't imagine breaking up the group and choosing who gets to ride FP and who gets to stand in line so we are just going to wing it and see what happens.

If it makes you feel any better, I couldn't book SDMT at 60 days out - waited up till midnight - no dice.

I WAS able to book them later on by stalking MDE and making single fastpasses at a time, and then looking for overlapping times.

However, I think SDMT is going to be a tough one at 30 days. People have reported not being able to book Toy Story at 30 days.

Good luck with your trip though. We are big proponents of rope drop!

Exact same scenario for us. We leave in two days, and I just secured SDMT for the three of us this morning. I had to search for 3 singles, and we've got about 40 minutes of overlap time. It could be a fluke, but for two days in a row, I found availability with coordinating times for 1 rider when I checked around 6:00 am central time. I had been checking MDE at random times during the day, and late at night, but 6:00am was my lucky time.

I just finished booking our 30 day out FP+ and honestly? Apart from 7DMT, we got everything we wanted at a time we wanted - even TSMM (okay so a little earlier would have fit better, but I'm flexible). Even people with 60+ days to book FP are having issues with the super popular rides and M&Gs, so I was not surprised that we couldn't get 2/3 of the ones people were having issues with. I was however surprised I got everything else with zero issues. Now that said...ADRs are another story entirely...

Split up your group. Doesn't mean you'll ride separately but with my group of 7 I could only get later times but in groups of 2 we'd get 10:10,10:20,10:30 for example and only 4:30 as one FP all together

I got same day sdmt 2 days ago on the way to MK for 2 at 10 am. Was a nice surprise

KEEP LOOKING!!!! I just got back from WDW. We had changed plans & decided to go to MK on our arrival date since it was open, with EMH, until 2 am. Couldn't get a FP for 7DMT, but decided to try standby after midnight thinking it'd be 30 min wait. Weather changed on us before we left & it was gonna be cold in WDW. So, i decided to look & see what I could swap out my Splash FP for. Lo & behold, there was a 7DMT available! Snagged it for 2 people. & this was 2 days before our trip. People change their minds all the time. Also, used up our 3 FP at DHS, & went to kiosk to get 4th, only thing available was Star Tours, Great Movie Ride, & Fantasmic. Sure, I'll take Fantasmic. I add it & walk away. I get on MDE 5 min later & I'm able to change it for TSMM that was for 15 min later! We do TSMM, then back to kiosk for F! FP again. This time I didn't change it

One thing I'm wondering ... I've seen the suggestion a lot if you have a larger party to split it up into small groups. Why does this work? Why would Disney have FP's available for example for 3 groups of 2 vs. one group of 6? It's the same total # of FP's being used. Or are people staggering their arrival times? Hopefully my question is making sense.

One thing I'm wondering ... I've seen the suggestion a lot if you have a larger party to split it up into small groups. Why does this work? Why would Disney have FP's available for example for 3 groups of 2 vs. one group of 6? It's the same total # of FP's being used. Or are people staggering their arrival times? Hopefully my question is making sense.

Staggering times. It's unlikely you will score 6 FP all at once for the same window. More likely you will find 1 or 2, grab those and then try to find 1 or 2 more with overlapping times, grab those then find 1 or 2 more with overlapping times, grab those. Rinse and repeat until your schedule is shiney and easy to manage. :)

Not sure what you're doing wrong, but I just checked magic kingdom for dec 4 - all three mountains have morning and afternoon times...

I checked all days- getting all the mountains and options for mornings- starting as early as 9am. This was only for 3 people, maybe OP has a large group? In which case, splitting up is the best option, imo.

Because they don't have the time for a larger party in one time slot. For instance, they may not have a time slot that will hold 8 more people. However, they might have a time slot for 4 and then a time slot 10 minutes later for 2 more people, and a slot 10 minutes later for the last 2.

The system sees the reservation time as individual buckets of FP+ reservations. For example (using made up numbers) if there are 10 FP+ reservations allotted for 9:05-10:05 and five are already taken, someone who searches for six FP+ reservations for that attraction won't be given 9:05-10:05 as an option (because there are only five slots left for that reservation). By splitting up larger groups, you can piece together overlapping FP+ reservations that the system never could have done on its own.

torontodisneyfan said:
being able to book FP+ at 60 days is a perk for staying on property.....

exactly. as much as it stinks it it's their attempt to get more people to stay onsite.

Posted from Disboards.com App for Android

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter