• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bookings after dec 31…falling between the cracks?

We have a booking for March 2022 (booked a while ago) however it doesn’t look like we are given relaxed PIF and cancel policies like those who have cruises before Dec 2021 OR any new bookings.
Am I reading this wrong? Just hoping I would have more time to decide

My guess is that since 120 days from Jan 1st would be Sept 1st and that DCL seems to be going forward with cruising, they may not give any update until next month....if they do give an update.

They did give an "out" to concierge (and all other categories) booked up to March 28th, 2022 on the DREAM, if that helps you.

DCL also stated that they will provide updated policies for the other ships later on.

My guess is that since 120 days from Jan 1st would be Sept 1st and that DCL seems to be going forward with cruising, they may not give any update until next month....if they do give an update.

They did give an "out" to concierge (and all other categories) booked up to March 28th, 2022 on the DREAM, if that helps you.

DCL also stated that they will provide updated policies for the other ships later on.

Is 120 standard? Ours is 150 days.

I am in the same situation as you. I doubt we've fallen through the cracks but more likely is Disney simply does not know yet. There is still plenty of time for them to decide what cruising will look like as we move forward. I think I'll just wait it out and see but as of right now I am planning to be PIF in November

I’ve wondered this too. I won’t book a spring cruise unless they have later PIF dates like they do currently. Then we can determine if the current experience is worth the money we would be spending.

I think DCL knows the restrictions are more temporary than people are assuming they are so will worry about Nov onwards once Aug is sailing-

Disneyland went from closed to zero restrictions in like 10 weeks so trying to forecast 5+ months out is impossible..

Some TA’s set a earlier PIF date, earlier than the official DCL date. It allows them to chase down clients for final payment — or to cancel — before DCL begins the penalty phase.

Some TA’s set a earlier PIF date, earlier than the official DCL date. It allows them to chase down clients for final payment — or to cancel — before DCL begins the penalty phase.

Makes sense. My TA is a few days ahead, but she clarified this when I inquired about it. The confirmation from DCL is usually what I go with and she's good with that.

Interesting. Well, it's Dreams Unlimited, and I think a month is a bit overkill, especially with all that's going on now.

Our PiF date is in Nov. as we have sub 12 yo kids who are unvaccinated we are hoping that we will know if they will have their shots by the time we have to commit.
I heard yesterday there is a request for further data for sub 12 yos and vaccines. This might mean no doses till late fall/winter

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter