• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booking third FP+ same day?

singingpixie

<font color=deeppink>Baby Donor<br><font color=blu
This is complicated, but hopefully I'll be able to post my question clearly!

I'll be in the parks two days next week and plan on a MK-AK day and a HS-EP day. In both cases, I plan to spend about 2.5 hrs in the morning park, and then hop to the second park for the majority of the day. In both MK and HS, there are a few rides, mostly headliners, that I want to hit, but since this is a solo trip I'm really looking forward to spending most of my time exploring the "atmosphere" parks of AK and Epcot.

In both cases, I wasn't able to get my FPs scheduled tightly enough to have them start at 9, 10 and 11am, since I had to book them at 30 days out. I think it'll be fine- with being at the front of Rope Drop and two FP reservations, I think the timing should work find and I'll get through what I want to get done without much waiting.

In HS, I only have 2 FPs booked- ToT at 9, and RnRC at 10:30. I figure I'll be looking for my first Epcot FP as soon as I scan into ToT (after RDing Slinky and TSMM) since I don't have a third booked. In MK, I have Splash booked at 9:05 and Space at 10:10, but I also have an emergency 11:10 FP for Pirates. I booked it thinking that I'd probably ride standby earlier in the morning, but I'd have that as a contingency if the line builds quickly or if I fall behind.

Here's my question- if I delete the Pirates FP now and count on being able to ride standby, I should be able to book a third FP for AK as soon as I scan onto Splash, right? If I keep it until I know for sure I'm able to ride standby, can I just delete it at that point and book a third in AK before I've ridden Space? Or will the system still count that as a third FP even after I delete it, meaning that I'll actually have to use it before I can book any additional?

I hope that's clear- let me know if I need to try to make better sense! Basically, my goal is to get through my "must sees" in my morning parks as quickly as possible, and then set myself up well for the afternoon and evening hoping to get a few key FPs by refreshing- and the sooner I can start working on that, the better chance I should have!

So if you only book two fastpasses in one park as soon as you use the first you can book another in a different park?

Your initial 3 fastpasses have to all be in the same park. You can't make an additional fastpass in a different park until you either tap into the touchpoint of #3 or the time period for #3 ends. If you want to be able to use fastpasses in two parks on the same day, you'll need to have 3 booked in the same park each morning and then either use them or wait until the final window closes to try to get another in a different park.

You can't pre book FPs in different parks. Your AK FPs will have to be done after you scanned your last MK FP like a SDFP. Your initial 3rd FP has to be at MK, it won't let you choose another park. You might be able to get a CM to book your 3rd FP at AK.

So if you only book two fastpasses in one park as soon as you use the first you can book another in a different park?

No. You have to use or cancel all of the FP+ you've pre-booked before the app will allow you to book another one in a different park. If you only made 2 FP+ reservations, you could make a FP+ reservation in another park as soon as you scanned in for the second one.

Your initial 3 fastpasses have to all be in the same park. You can't make an additional fastpass in a different park until you either tap into the touchpoint of #3 or the time period for #3 ends. If you want to be able to use fastpasses in two parks on the same day, you'll need to have 3 booked in the same park each morning and then either use them or wait until the final window closes to try to get another in a different park.

You don't have to make 3 FP+ reservations per day anymore. It will allow you to book only one or two if you choose, so it's possible to book only two like OP is talking about. In January 2018 I prebooked only one FP+ on a park day so I'd have more freedom to book other things, since I was doing a 4 park day.

You can't pre book FPs in different parks. Your AK FPs will have to be done after you scanned your last MK FP like a SDFP. Your initial 3rd FP has to be at MK, it won't let you choose another park. You might be able to get a CM to book your 3rd FP at AK.

Correct regarding not being able to prebook them in multiple parks, but the OP is asking about prebooking in one park and then booking new ones in another park after they've used all of the prebooked FP+--and about cancelling a FP+ during their park day to free them up to change to another park earlier. I didn't have any trouble switching parks after using my initial FP+ and one other I'd booked for AK on the fly; I did not have to use 3 FP+ in one park before it would allow me to change parks.

You don't have to make 3 FP+ reservations per day anymore. It will allow you to book only one or two if you choose, so it's possible to book only two like OP is talking about. In January 2018 I prebooked only one FP+ on a park day so I'd have more freedom to book other things, since I was doing a 4 park day.
Thanks. I didn't realize this had changed.

Thanks. I didn't realize this had changed.

Neither had I until I was booking FP+ for that trip--if it was ever announced, I didn't hear about it. I was pleasantly surprised; I like the new system of booking and modifying your FP+ individually a lot better than the old system that would offer you sets of FP+ to choose from.

No. You have to use or cancel all of the FP+ you've pre-booked before the app will allow you to book another one in a different park. If you only made 2 FP+ reservations, you could make a FP+ reservation in another park as soon as you scanned in for the second one.

Correct regarding not being able to prebook them in multiple parks, but the OP is asking about prebooking in one park and then booking new ones in another park after they've used all of the prebooked FP+--and about cancelling a FP+ during their park day to free them up to change to another park earlier. I didn't have any trouble switching parks after using my initial FP+ and one other I'd booked for AK on the fly; I did not have to use 3 FP+ in one park before it would allow me to change parks.
To the first part, you don't have to wait until you've used both. You can make one for the 2nd park after using the first one. So the previous poster was correct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter