Booking strategy for Cali Grill Fireworks Party?

drkate

Earning My Ears
Hi all! We are going in mid May and really want to do this party. We are staying on site for a week. Can we book this 60+7? When am I able to see what dates are available? What would be the best way to get this?

I was on right when our booking window opened and had no luck. While the dates the party will be offered will be visible at 60 days out, I don’t believe they open it for booking at that time. DVC member services and the dining line cast member I spoke with later clearly didn’t know what was happening with this party, just said that it must be booked since they didn’t see availability. I signed up for alerts on a dining res tracking website (paid service) and got an alert almost 2 weeks later at 8 am. I didn’t see it until 11 am but was still able to book for the date we wanted. I would suggest signing up for an alert, or obsessively checking for a couple weeks past your normal dining reservation date.

I have found that in cases were the reservations have not opened to book (for me it was 220 Lounge and Jiko’s that opened after our reservation date), using the free TP service works just fine. They usually are 10-15 mins slower then paid services on notifications, but it didn’t matter as long as I was aware that morning, etc.

I was on right when our booking window opened and had no luck. While the dates the party will be offered will be visible at 60 days out, I don’t believe they open it for booking at that time. DVC member services and the dining line cast member I spoke with later clearly didn’t know what was happening with this party, just said that it must be booked since they didn’t see availability. I signed up for alerts on a dining res tracking website (paid service) and got an alert almost 2 weeks later at 8 am. I didn’t see it until 11 am but was still able to book for the date we wanted. I would suggest signing up for an alert, or obsessively checking for a couple weeks past your normal dining reservation date.
Thanks! Definitely not getting up at 5 AM every day to check!

I have found that in cases were the reservations have not opened to book (for me it was 220 Lounge and Jiko’s that opened after our reservation date), using the free TP service works just fine. They usually are 10-15 mins slower then paid services on notifications, but it didn’t matter as long as I was aware that morning, etc.
Thanks! I'm thinking the notification services will need to be my strategy for all the difficult reservations. You got 220 lounge?

Thanks! I'm thinking the notification services will need to be my strategy for all the difficult reservations. You got 220 lounge?
I did. But that was when they released all of Feb&March on one day. So it wasn’t a specific 60+10 days.

Do you mind if I ask which paid service you used?
I use MW. It seems to have the best response rate for me.

I booked the Cali Grill 50th party for my vacation in March. They opened it up sometime in late January, weeks after the 60 days for other reservations. I just kept checking ever couple days and then one day they were open.

I booked the Cali Grill 50th party for my vacation in March. They opened it up sometime in late January, weeks after the 60 days for other reservations. I just kept checking ever couple days and then one day they were open.

Is this different than having dinner at California Grill? I would like to dine here but not sure what I need to book.
Thank you.

When in March? We'll be there on March 6th!

Is this different than having dinner at California Grill? I would like to dine here but not sure what I need to book.
Thank you.
Yes. There's a fireworks party (appetizers before, desserts after, with viewing out on the observation decks). Dining is still available at California Grill (but I think it's only the 50th anniversary prix fixe menu that's available currently).

Yes. There's a fireworks party (appetizers before, desserts after, with viewing out on the observation decks). Dining is still available at California Grill (but I think it's only the 50th anniversary prix fixe menu that's available currently).

Thank you.
So, if we want the 50th Anniversary it is the same as sitting with people that don't have the pre fix?
Those people can still go out and see the fireworks, too, is that correct?
I would like to book a nice experience but not sure what the heck I need to book and now getting confused
on what I need to look for and book.

Thank you!

Thank you.
So, if we want the 50th Anniversary it is the same as sitting with people that don't have the pre fix?
Those people can still go out and see the fireworks, too, is that correct?
I would like to book a nice experience but not sure what the heck I need to book and now getting confused
on what I need to look for and book.

Thank you!
I believe California Grill is ONLY prix fixe now. I hope to get ADR there in April for dinner and fireworks viewing but not the specialized fireworks party. As I understood from my research one has the option for the fireworks party OR the prix fixe dinner where you can also see the fireworks. Both are sort of expensive but the party is just desserts, apps and included alcohol whilst the dinner is a 3 course dinner without alcohol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter