Booking rooms with HotelKingdom when Loews website shows no availability

MickeyMagic

DIS Veteran
I have booked a room at RPR for October 11-13 using www.hotelkingdom.com. Loews website and phone calls to 1-800-BEA-STAR show no availability for RPR for those dates. Does hotelkingdom have a block of rooms? Or how is it they can still reserve rooms when RPR shows no availablity.

I have called Loews and confirmed my reservation, but am still nervous there will be an availability issue upon my arrival. Please share any knowledge of or experience with hotelkingdom reservations.

I used hotel kingdom to book the HRH. They notified me with 2 hours that I had the room, but it can take up to 24. I was not even charged a one night deposit as stated I would be.

They do have a block of rooms per night. I had the same thing happen to me and I was nervous because I thought that it was not going to confirm through hotelkingdom, but if they show available, you will get it. You can call as well to confirm with them, I did and it all worked out. Great service!

SpideyHulk or Anyone Else????

I was trying to do the same thing for Feb., because for some reason RPR is sold out of rooms with two queen beds for my nights (although the reservationist did say to keep checking back)

Looked up HotelKingdom and they have availability and at a much better rate. Called and they said that I would have to pay a 12.5% fee plus one nights room as a deposit and that this was a policy of the RPR - not their policy (the one night deposit part) - all refundable with a $10 fee if cancelled 5 days prior.

However, when I mentioned that RPR was not showing availablity for two queen beds standard rooms, she said that she could REQUEST it but that it was not guaranteed - WELL two king rooms just won't work considering there are 6 of us total.

What do you all think??? HELP!!! I am getting very nervous and this is REALLY where my family wants to stay.

BTW the rate at Hotelkingdom was$169 and right now the King rooms are $219. I also tried callling Lowes directly and was told the same thing - only king bed rooms available at this time.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Looked up HotelKingdom and they have availability and at a much better rate. Called and they said that I would have to pay a 12.5% fee plus one nights room as a deposit and that this was a policy of the RPR - not their policy (the one night deposit part) - all refundable with a $10 fee if cancelled 5 days prior.

Just want to clarify this. You are not paying a fee to use hotelkingdom.com. What you see on their website is the rate you are charged. When you make your reservation they charge your CC twice. One for the first nights deposit, the other is a percentage of the entire reservation (the fee that they are paid for booking the room, but NOT on top of the room rate, it's included in the rate, just like any travel agency there is no fee for their services)

However, when I mentioned that RPR was not showing availablity for two queen beds standard rooms, she said that she could REQUEST it but that it was not guaranteed - WELL two king rooms just won't work considering there are 6 of us total.

What do you all think??? HELP!!! I am getting very nervous and this is REALLY where my family wants to stay.

I think that it sounds like a request only. I would assume RPH will do everything in their power to honor that request though

I would go ahead and book it and take my chances. Better to have a King room (and get a rollaway bed) then to have no room at all :).

Good luck!

Teresa

Great reply taylor1293!
I agree with booking it so you do have a room! We had this same problem but we are 4 to a room and only Kings were available. In the end we were able to get the 2 queens. Good Luck! :)

thanks you guys!!!

I was thinking of doing the same thing. Just makes me a little uneasy since there is definately not enough room for us with the king rooms. However, I feel better knowing it is your opinion that they will try to honor that request.

THANKS AGAIN - you guys are great!!

3 for me-

I am sorry. I just saw your post. Definitely book it. You should be fine. They always say "we can request it but not guarantee it," but it normally happens. But there is that slight chance....

You will LOVE the resort!

The same thing happened to me. I needed a 2 queen bed room at RPH on club level. The loews people told me that only kings were available. Since we are going to be there over Christmas, they suggested that I make reservations ASAP because they were showing low availability even on the club level at HRH. I put a hold on the room at HRH. Several days later I called to confirm with my credit card number, and I again asked them to check on the queen club rooms at RPH. They had a cancellation and one became available! I switched without any problem. I did book through hotelkingdom last year and it worked out great. They had queen rooms, so that was not an issue. I did save lots of money by checking other discount sites. Once I found a lower price at Expedia and also found a 4th night free offer and they honored both. So my advice would be to keep calling Loews for cancellations, and keep checking other discount websites for better offers.

... that HotelKingdom will give you a better rate if you find one after you book a room with them?? What if the Entertainment rate comes out and is lower, would they honor that or do you mean that it has to be a rate quoted at another web site, like Expedia?? Just wanted to clarify because HotelKingdom currently has the lowest rate for the dates we'll be staying at HRH in February ($189/night). I've booked directly through Universal (1-800-BE-A-STAR) in the hope that I'll eventually get a Fan Club or Entertainment Book discount, but am now wondering if I should just book through HotelKingdom.

Any advice would be appreciated!!

Thanks,
Sarah

Go to the hotelkingdom website and read the rules for the rate champion. I don't think that the entertainment rate would work. You also have to be the first to notify them of the lower rate. I countinued to find lower rates through expedia. The closer it got to the time of my trip, the lower the rates got. I called hotelkingdom and they adjusted the rate and sent me an email to confirm. It worked out great! So far, Christmas rates for the Universal Hotels are still really high. I booked the get a 4th night free through Lowes instead. That was the best that I could find.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter