Booking restaurants in advance?

tallym

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever done this? Having never been before Iam worried that the particulat restaurant that we want (inventions) might be booked up if I leave it to the day we arrive.
So I have rang the number in the disneyland brochure which states you can book 2 mths in advance. I was put through to a french lady who spoke english when she realised I was from the UK :earsboy:
I felt a bit silly when she asked me if I wanted a table tomorrow...er no I said April 23rd! :teeth:
Any way it was no problem she reserved us a table for 4 no smoking at inventions for saturday April 23rd. I also requested a birthday cake for dd to be at this meal...again no problem :wizard:

Can it really be this easy :earseek:
Has anyone else done this? I think i will defo confirm on arrival, Can I do this at my hotel?

Thanks! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I'm glad to here it's worked out so far - I plan on doing the same for The Blue Lagoon in July.

I have done this on a few occasions, especially when I will be there at a weekend, or a particularly busy time, eg Halloween. Its alwasy worked fo rme but you have nothing to lose by confirming when you arrive at your hotel. You can also confirm at City Hall. :banana:

Hi,
its a not CRO its a special number, but it worked for me as well last valentines day.

Guess it is not used that much, cause PS is not very usual at DLRP.
Even when you want a reservation at the hotel or restaurant two weeks in advance they are really surprised :sunny:

Greets Renate :wizard:

They'll be surprised when I phone then, I will probably want to book 4 or 5 meals!:rotfl2:
Having been to WDW at Easter, I am still in the "must reserve table in advance" mode! :teeth:

i know what ou mean. Making all the planning with PS and perfect timetable for our Jan 05 trip to WDW it seems sily to me just to drive to DLRP with only booked our hotel :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Renate :wizard:

And to think that none of us do any planning before going to DLRP ;)

Yeah right :rolleyes1

Reid

Thanks all for the replies :flower:

Glad to know Iam not the only one planning so far in advance! :rotfl:
To be honest, the only meal I haven't planned down to the last detail is the evening meal of our arrival day. I don't want to book a table for this as I have no idea how tired we are going to be so thinking of a time to book a table would be pointless. :confused3

Although I have narrowed it down to either rainforest cafe or cafe mickey!
Probably go for rainforest as I think dd will enjoy this and we don't need to book plus we are doing character meals to death the next day :banana:

Would you believe I have three character meals booked for the one day.
Walts..plaza garden and inventions! :crazy:

We made three bookings before our recent trip. We made them 2 weeks in advance. It turns out they were not necessary in the long run, but it certainly didn't hurt!

Ironically, though, all the times I've been to WDW, I've NEVER booked a meal reservation in advance. Luckily, I've never had a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter