Booking restaurants in advance

ThBa

DIS Veteran
Hello!

As you might know we are going from Januar 2nd until 8th 2017 and we are so looking forward to our next trip.

This time we have the Half Board Plus option for the very first time and I am afraid that we will not get a table in the restaurants during our stay.

I know that I could contact them and reserve a table but they are only speaking English and my (speaking) English is very bad. I´m nervous to call them....:blush:

What do you think? Should I reserve in advance?

We would like to go to Bistrot Chez Rémy & Blue Lagoon.

What will be the best time for eating there? The opening times for the parks will be 6 p.m and 7 p.m.
I guess the restaurants will close one hour before that. Am I right that there is no chance to eat there after the park is closed?

:grouphug:

I would say you'll be ok to book them when you get there to be honest. That's not a particularly busy time and I've never had an issue getting a table at DLP.

If Disneyland Park closes at 7 then Blue Lagoon closes at 6, and if Studios closes at 6 then Chez Remy closes at 5:30. If you're planning on eating in the village after park closing with your vouchers at any point I'd maybe book those too, I've found the village to be insane once park closes and the lines looked massive.

We booked our restaurants at hotel reception/information (Cheyenne). Much easier than by phone.

I wouldn't be surprised that some CM actually talk German (as I believe is your mother tongue), maybe you should give it a try a call?

Beginning of January is most definitively a low-attendance period, however Le bistrot fills very fast. If I were you, I would call just to make sure. You have nothing to lose, booking an ADR is free and without credit card; at worst, you'll end up booking at the wrong place or date :)

Alternate options may include contacting the concierge of your hotel, if you're going to one with such service. Also, does your credit card offer concierge? I've read various success on this board of American people calling their Mastercard concierge to have them perform reservations at DLP restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter