• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booking Pirate Cruise at the GF

Biddler

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know how far in advance you can book the Pirate cruise at the GF. Were going the week before Thanksgiving and we missed out on it last Nov. Thanks for all your help.:jester:

Hi Bidler,

the pirate cruise is booked 120 days out. I know because I have to book my DS 4 on Sunday for May 12.

Is it that bad? I have to book exactly 120 days out from the day I want - like Cindy's breakfast?

Yes, I'd book it exactly 120 days out.

Our trip is from May 9-May 18. And I hit 120 days yesterday so I started booking. We are booking one main meal with a priority seating every day. Last trip there were days were we walked around looking for a place to eat and everything was soo crowded.

Not the parks - but the restaurants were always crowded.

Last year we 'missed the boat', and tried to book around 30 days out. I was told it was one of those things that fills up quickly.

But for this year, on Jan. 21st, it will be exactly 120 days for when we can book for DS:)

Hey Mark,

We are in NJ too. and I'm married to a Mark.

Anyway how old is your DS. Mine is 4. Very independent and has been goiinng to Nursery school since he was just under 3. So, I'm hoping he'll be ok on the cruise. I don't think it will be a problem, but my darling MIL put the doubt in my head.

Hey Lizzie64!
We also have an age concern. Our's is the opposite, as DS will be almost 9 at the time of his cruise, and we're wondering if there will be kids his age on the cruise.

From what I've read here on different posts, the cruises are filled with mostly younger kids, so I'm sure that your DS will be just fine:)

Have fun, 'neighbor';)

You too neighbor,

Hey what airport are you flying out of. We just moved to NJ from NY. Was told to fly out of Atlantic City instead of Newark. Got great rates on Spirit.

Just a note that all pirates will have a buddy. The kids are paired off. This was OK for some of the kids that had buddies, but there were pairs of 4 year olds and 8 year olds. My grandson, then 8, was paired with a GIRL. He secretly said that she was cute, but they never talked. They have to HOLD hands too while off the boat. My grandson was one of the older kids. I plan to ask him if he wants to do it again this year, or if he thought it was too young for him.

We're flying out of AC also. We paid $77, which came out to be $171r/t with all taxes & fees.

Have you ever flown out of AC?
We've done it 5 or 6 times, and haven't had any problems at all, usually arriving in Fl. early in fact!
The only drawback for us is that Spirit only offers 2 daily flights to and from Orlando, and we chose to leave Orlando on the 10:45am flight. It's a little early, but thought it would be easier on our 2yr. old than getting in after 6pm.

-Mark

Are there any loud noises on this trip like cannons? My dd doesn't like loud noises.

Thanks.

There are no loud noises on the Pirates Cruise. And there are usually a few older children on the cruise, have no fear. I have some photos posted of the Pirates Cruise: click here to view them. My daughter (and niece & nephew) loves the Pirates Cruise (and the Grand Adventures in Cooking Class and the Wonderland Tea Party). I wish I could attend the GF children's events, *sigh.*

Hey Mark
this will be my first trip out of Atlantic City. We were even bolder, I'm taking the 7 am flight on Spirit. Spirit wants us there 3 hours before flight time to check in. i have a 1 and 1/2 hour drive to Atlantic City. So I'm guessing I'll be leaving my house at about 3 am. That's with DH, DS 15 DD 15 DS4 and DS2.

Hopefully they'll all sleep on the flight.

Hi Lizzie64,
We're also doing the 7am to Orlando:o We just wished they had a flight out of Florida around two-ish in the afternoon (I'm pretty sure they used to around that time), rather a 10:45am and the 6pm one. The last day at Disney, we like to walk around Downtown Disney, shop for anything we didn't find, and grab an early lunch at Rainforest Cafe before heading to the airport-Gonna miss doing that,lol...

As far as the 3hr. check in at the airport goes, apparently Spirit doesn't hand out boarding passes until around 5-5:30. Here's a link from a couple of weeks ago off the Transportation Board with some AC airport info. that touches on that, and parking there as well:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=306314

Have you thought about staying the night close to ACY? We live about an hour away, and always stay at the Cardiff EconoLodge. It's about 15mins. away from ACY, and the rates are good, clean rooms, and a Jacuzzi in every room.

-Mark

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter