Booking Pearl Harbor tour dates

disneygal55

DIS Veteran
My 60 day (for June 3) was supposed to open up today at 1pm EST...Hawaii time would be 7am. I just checked a bit early and site is showing that every date and time 6/3 and before are not available. But 6/4 which was supposed to open tomorrow is available for booking. This is for the free tour. Anyone able to give me an answer to what happened?

My 60 day (for June 3) was supposed to open up today at 1pm EST...Hawaii time would be 7am. I just checked a bit early and site is showing that every date and time 6/3 and before are not available. But 6/4 which was supposed to open tomorrow is available for booking. This is for the free tour. Anyone able to give me an answer to what happened?

Advanced booking is available 2 months, not 60 days, prior to the date.

Unfortunately, that means that you were supposed to reserve yesterday April 3 for June 3.

I totally get that you misunderstood. I'm waiting for this Friday as my day to reserve. I've been checking the website on and off for the past few days to understand how it all works. Not that it helps you at this time, but when things open up on a certain date, it helps to go to the website several days before (even two weeks before) to check out the date. From what I understand, the reservations go fast.

Oh no! Thank you both for clearing this up. I guess that I was thinking about the 60 day WDW FP reservation system as I'm pretty much an expert on how that works lol. We really didn't want to book for 6/4 but will make it work.

And remember they release some more tickets 24 hours in advance too, so I'd book for your second choice day, and then once you get there, you can always check 24 hours out and see if anything works better for you.

Thank you. I think I'll try doing that too. I feel like such a novice with this Hawaii trip!

I, too have been watching the website! The tickets (2 months out) go very quickly. 45 are released per hour of the tours -
11:00 - 45, 12:00 - 45, etc. Today all 45 for the 11:00 tour were gone before I refreshed the page once!
Yesterday I played with the “next day” ticket option, too to see how quickly they are taken. There seemed to be more available - up to 100 per time slot, however, they went even faster than the 2 month out tickets!
It’s truly like trying to get FP+ or a coveted dining ressie.

Wishing everyone the best in getting your tickets!!

It's no wonder some people opt to go with the tour group option. Why stress over vacation details?!

I'll be ready at my computer tomorrow morning, however.

I would suggest setting up an account ahead of time. I logged on and had all the info filled out...date, time, amount of tickets before 1:00 EST (7:00 HST).
Then as soon as the clocked turned, I hit “Book Tour.” We got our preferred time and date!!

I set up an account earlier this week. My issue is know when to hit "Book Tour". What clock do you go by?

I went by the one on my phone. As soon as it turned, I hit the button! Be aware if you check the “I’m not a robot” box too soon, it will ask you to do it again. I wouldn’t check it until 12:59.

Are you hoping for 11:00? If not, the other time slots do not go as fast, but they are still fairly quickly.

I went by the one on my phone. As soon as it turned, I hit the button! Be aware if you check the “I’m not a robot” box too soon, it will ask you to do it again. I wouldn’t check it until 12:59.

Followed your advice to a tee and got tickets for 11am. Thanks!!

I appreciate all the input provided and I have, like many of you, started to watch the website although we don't go until the end of July.

I'm assuming (but please correct me if I'm wrong!) tickets are still released for the earlier hours such as 7:30am, 8:00am, etc., correct? Has anyone had luck getting the earlier time slot tickets?

Unfortunately, as a back-up, I can't try to get the tickets 24 hours before as we'll be on the plane headed to HNL. We'll still drive to Pearl Harbor and hopefully get in line early to try and secure them that way and if not, we'll just explore the area since we have plans the other half of the day.

Good luck everyone and thanks for the feedback and pointers!
Heather

I appreciate all the input provided and I have, like many of you, started to watch the website although we don't go until the end of July.

I'm assuming (but please correct me if I'm wrong!) tickets are still released for the earlier hours such as 7:30am, 8:00am, etc., correct? Has anyone had luck getting the earlier time slot tickets?

Unfortunately, as a back-up, I can't try to get the tickets 24 hours before as we'll be on the plane headed to HNL. We'll still drive to Pearl Harbor and hopefully get in line early to try and secure them that way and if not, we'll just explore the area since we have plans the other half of the day.

Good luck everyone and thanks for the feedback and pointers!
Heather

I don't have actual experience but I believe the earlier time slots are reserve for tour groups and walk-ups. If you want an earlier time slot then your options are to either arrive at 7am or book with a tour group.

https://www.nps.gov/valr/faqs.htm

I don't have actual experience but I believe the earlier time slots are reserve for tour groups and walk-ups. If you want an earlier time slot then your options are to either arrive at 7am or book with a tour group.

https://www.nps.gov/valr/faqs.htm
Thank you SO very much! I clearly totally skimmed this part over when I was reviewing it before! ;)

We'll aim to be there bright and early and hope for the best!

Thanks again,
Heather

Thank you SO very much! I clearly totally skimmed this part over when I was reviewing it before! ;)

We'll aim to be there bright and early and hope for the best!

Thanks again,
Heather
There's nothing that says that anywhere on the website, but when we went last June, I was right there clicking at the exact second, and noting before 11 was available, so I do believe this to be true. It does stink for the general population. I think they should leave some/a few tickets available to the public in every time slot.

Help me understanding the schedule time. Is that for the ferries to take you to the memorials?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter