Booking hotels.com & buying tickets on ticketsatwork.com

Aflyingbuttress

Mouseketeer
A couple questions about booking on-site hotel and buying park tickets somewhere other than Disney’s website.

If I book at hotels.com and then buy my park tickets the]rough ticketsatwork.com can I link them to my MDE account, can I still book FP at 60 days? Can I still set up Magic Express?

Are there any major negatives to planning this way? I can get major discounts through these sites but I don’t want to end up with any major inconveniences as a result.

1. If I book at hotels.com and then buy my park tickets the]rough ticketsatwork.com can I link them to my MDE account, can I still book FP at 60 days?

2. Can I still set up Magic Express?

3. Are there any major negatives to planning this way?

1. Yup.

2. Yup.

3. None that I can think of.

I have had no problems linking tickets from tickets at work to MDE and once linked just booked fast passes as normal. Can't help with hotel question as DVC member.

Are there any major negatives to planning this way? I can get major discounts through these sites but I don’t want to end up with any major inconveniences as a result.

The only negative that I can think of depends on the length of your trip and how many park days. The new tickets have a valid "use window" that only allows a cushion of 2-3 days. So for example if you are planning a 7-night stay but only 3 park days, you'll only have 5 days to use those 3 park days and you'll have to plan accordingly or your tickets will expire before you fully use it. If you book a package (room + tickets together), the "use window" defaults to your length of stay. It is possible to add a "flexible" option to the new tickets which will extend the use window, but may or may not be expensive (depends on your dates).

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter