Booking Hotel + Tickets vs booking each separately?

mlbrv

Mouseketeer
I'm booking for spring 2022 and I'm wondering if I should book the hotel & tickets separately....I might change the dates of the trip slightly (arrive a day later or leave a day earlier) and I think I remember last time I booked both together if I had wanted to make a change I would have had to cancel the "package" completely and risk losing my park reservations previously made if they were no loner avail.
Has anyone had experience with this?
Thanks!

A package requires a $200 deposit, with balance due 30 days prior to arrival. Changes can be made without penalty up until that 30-day point, and may be charged a $50 change fee if within the 30-day window. Tickets with a package are valid from check-in through check-out, or length of ticket, whichever is longer. You should not lose theme park reservations by changing your package - but ability to change check-in/check-out date will depend on resort room availability and may not be easy to change.

Tickets purchase separately must be paid-in-full at the time of purchase. You will need to set a "start date" and that determines your ticket price, and also determined the valid use window along with number of days. A room-only reservation requires a deposit equal to 1-night stay, with balance due at check-in (or charged to your card that morning); cancellation with no penalty is allowed up until 7 days prior to arrival. Changes to check-in/check-out date will depend on resort room availability and may not be easy to change.

A package requires a $200 deposit, with balance due 30 days prior to arrival. Changes can be made without penalty up until that 30-day point, and may be charged a $50 change fee if within the 30-day window. Tickets with a package are valid from check-in through check-out, or length of ticket, whichever is longer. You should not lose theme park reservations by changing your package - but ability to change check-in/check-out date will depend on resort room availability and may not be easy to change.

Tickets purchase separately must be paid-in-full at the time of purchase. You will need to set a "start date" and that determines your ticket price, and also determined the valid use window along with number of days. A room-only reservation requires a deposit equal to 1-night stay, with balance due at check-in (or charged to your card that morning); cancellation with no penalty is allowed up until 7 days prior to arrival. Changes to check-in/check-out date will depend on resort room availability and may not be easy to change.
thanks!
so seems like i should just book both together so if i had to cancel i'd be able to cancel both...if i bought separately- tickets would be non refundable...is this correct?

thanks!
so seems like i should just book both together so if i had to cancel i'd be able to cancel both...if i bought separately- tickets would be non refundable...is this correct?
That is correct. If you are concerned that you may need to cancel, the package can all be canceled with refund up until 30 days prior. Tickets purchased separately cannot be cancelled or returned/refunded. Though they can be used as credit towards a future trip.

If you are absolutely certain on your travel dates and they will not change and you will not cancel, there can be some benefits to book separately - mainly saving on ticket prices. You can buy tickets through other providers like Undercover Tourist and Costco at a slightly discounted price, and you may save money overall then.

In that case too, with a room only reservation, final payment isn't due until the day of check in.

For last minute trips, this is typically how I do things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter